Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-2600K, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, GV-R5876P-2GD-B, 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorphos said:
Yes, I have both installed on the same SSD so it is a bit cramped.
It's much easier if you have separate drives. The board can easily handle 5 internal S-ATA drives:
You have 2 S-ATA 6GB/s ports (use them for SSDs) and 3 S-ATA 3GB/s ports.
That leaves 1 eSATA port for further expansion (assuming you use a S-ATA optical drive, too).
You can also add more S-ATA ports later using PCIe of course.

Thanks for the input, this really helps me in deciding my build.

Re: [SUCCESS] i7-2600K, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, GV-R5876P-2GD-B, 10.7.4

I updated to 10.7.4 now using the combo update. Upgraded the mainboard BIOS to F12 and used the new DSDT that was released (copied it to /Extras/DSDT.aml).

I also installed the SSDT.aml for the i7 (non-overclocked - for now).

I lost audio just like the last time I updated, so using MultiBeast 4.5.2, I installed "Drivers & Bootloaders" -> "Kexts & Enablers" -> "Audio" -> "Realtek ALC8xx" -> "AppleHDA Rollback" to get onboard 7.1 audio back.

One thing that is bothering me a bit is the GPU fan of the Radeon 5870. It is much louder than when I use Windows 7. Any ideas? There is no BIOS update available for the graphics card. The GPU is at 62°C when idling at the OS X desktop with a single monitor.

I updated to 10.7.5 now using the combo update.

I lost audio just like the last two times I updated, so using MultiBeast 4.6.1, I installed "Drivers & Bootloaders" -> "Kexts & Enablers" -> "Audio" -> "Realtek ALC8xx" -> "AppleHDA Rollback" and did a reboot to get onboard 7.1 audio back.

I am holding back on the 10.8.2 update because I experience instability (crashes) on my Macbook Air and I don't really need any of the 10.8 features anyway for now.

I switched from to a new mouse - Logitech MX518. No driver required :)

[SUCCESS] i7-2600K, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, GV-R5876P-2GD-B, 10.8.2

A few weeks ago, I flashed the UEFI BIOS and upgraded to Mac OS X 10.8.2 using UniBeast.
I can no longer boot Windows 7, I get a bluescreen during boot. Must be related to the UEFI stuff. I have to figure out how to fix that.
Other than that it was just the usual routine, reinstall the audio stuff as with previous updates and that's it.
I also upgraded SwitchResX to 4.3.3 today.

That UEFI BIOS is U1h which is a Beta version. Gigabyte gave up developing the UEFI BIOSs for the 6 series motherboards late this past Summer to focus on the 7 series motherboards. Unfortunately, the Z68X-UD3H UEFI Bios was soooo buggy that we don't recommend it. All of us tonymacx86 moderators, who have Z68 systems, went back to the F12 BIOS which is about as bug free as software gets. Recommend you reload your BIOS back to F12.

See this article on how to fall back to F12: My experience with Gigabyte's beta UEFI on Z68 and how to flash back to BIOS

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-06-15 um 11.47.50.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-06-15 um 11.47.50.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 143
I just upgraded to OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 using MultiBeast 6.1.0 and UniBeast 3.0.1.

After rebooting I chose the MultiBeast configuration without DSDT and customized these drivers:
- Realtek ALC xxx -> without DSST -> ALC 889
- 3rd Party SATA,
- USB 3.0 Universal and
- Realtek Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx

USB 3.0 provided by the 2x Etron EJ168 chips doesn't appear to be working right now, but networking and 7.1 audio is fine. Will investigate and update this post later on.

[PROBLEM] i7-2600K, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, GV-R5876P-2GD-B, 10.9.2

I tried to update to 10.9.2 today and failed miserably. It hangs during boot.

I then created a new USB stick using the latest Unibeast 3.0.1 and OS X 10.9.2 but I can't boot that either.

I unplugged pretty much everything. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, maxmem=4096, -v -x and combinations thereof.
I also tried PCIRootUID=0.

I get errors regarding SMC and the last few lines read:

No interval found for . Using 8000000
No interval found for . Using 8000000
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
VM Swap Subsystem is ON

I see other people in this forum using the same mainboard with UEFI successfully. Weird. Any clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back