Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello Everyone,
I recently decided to upgrade my machine, from an aging i7 3770 to a new 8th Gen. I couldn't bring myself to go for the i7-8700, so I went instead for the i5-8400. After looking at z370 boards, I figured that they were great but since I wasn't overclocking, largely pointless. I settled on the MSI B360M Mortar.

The install was pretty much exactly as described in the installation guide for High Sierra. The only thing I did to make my life easier was, once the usb install disk was made, I fired up Clover Configurator, and changed the USB key to have the imac 18,1 profile instead. This saved me a lot of headache from dealing with artifacts on install, and all that nonsense. The Mortar is an awesome board for a few reasons (dual m.2 on b360, or sli if you want) but displayport is built in. If you select the 18,1 profile, this all jst works.

I also installed into the usb install key the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, specifically into the drivers64UEFI folder. A few other packages were grabbed, specifically; Rehabman's USBInjectAll and his version of IntelMausiEthernet.kext for the i291 network, FakeSMC from 'the source' (along with plugins), and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext (mostly for good measure, jst incase of glitches :), the VoodooHDA package (specifically the 2.90 one with clover support) and the latest clover package. Yup, this is a 'pure vanilla' install :)

Once you have those, you install and it's all done without much fuss. I did have the single usb port working during install thing (it was on my front panel for added fun) so I had to put a usb hub on there so I would have keyboard/mouse. It also seems that I had to select 'usb ownership' and 'usb inject' in clover options menu. I have these set in my config.plist. If you are old school, this motherboard even has ps2 for kb and mouse. So you may not have to even worry about that!

I did the entire install onto my Samsung 960. Smooth as butter. The usual boot off of usb to finish install, then the next boot after that and then .. boom. desktop :)

At this point, the glitches from my cheap displayport cable were annoying me, so I installed my Gigabyte Aorus rx580 4gb and, it jst works again (on High Sierra 10.13.5). OOB. No patches, nothing. It's all '5 by 5'. Sleep works, Restart, Shutdown, this motherboard even has a thunderbolt header (if you are so inclined :). It's pretty darned spiffy. I would make a full step by step but, since I would be breaking the rules (this is a pure vanilla install ;), then I don't want to get banned or have it deleted from underneath me. If there is enough peeps out there, I can fling up my EFI folder but, really, it's pretty simple as installs go. No cryptic command line nonsense, no npci, etc etc.

Note; After fakesmc installed into /S/L/E I did move it into UEFI so, that's kind of a cheat, but the base install is clean again :)

Find attached the SSDT for getting the Gen 2 ports working on the mortar titanium b360m. You will still need the USBInjectAll obviously, and you should probably fling in the 300 injector for good measure. Fling the compiled aml into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched and, once that's done, you will have all the ports working (including any on the front facepanels).

EDIT: Updated the Back 3.1 Gen 2 Type A to also support SSP speeds. In this case, when you plug in a usb C hub, with a usb 2 port, it will now stick the correct port in the correct bus .. nice :)

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml
    537 bytes · Views: 616
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    3.4 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
the same CPU & motherbroad as u are. thx for share

The only thing I did to make my life easier was, once the usb install disk was made, I fired up Clover Configurator, and changed the USB key to have the imac 18,1 profile instead.

Sorry, I'm a newbie and I haven't find how to do this in the guide, how do you do it?

Hello Everyone,
I recently decided to upgrade my machine, from an aging i7 3770 to a new 8th Gen. I couldn't bring myself to go for the i7-8700, so I went instead for the i5-8400. After looking at z370 boards, I figured that they were great but since I wasn't overclocking, largely pointless. I settled on the MSI B360M Mortar.

The install was pretty much exactly as described in the installation guide for High Sierra. The only thing I did to make my life easier was, once the usb install disk was made, I fired up Clover Configurator, and changed the USB key to have the imac 18,1 profile instead. This saved me a lot of headache from dealing with artifacts on install, and all that nonsense. The Mortar is an awesome board for a few reasons (dual m.2 on b360, or sli if you want) but displayport is built in. If you select the 18,1 profile, this all jst works.

I also installed into the usb install key the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, specifically into the drivers64UEFI folder. A few other packages were grabbed, specifically; Rehabman's USBInjectAll and his version of IntelMausiEthernet.kext for the i291 network, FakeSMC from 'the source' (along with plugins), and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext (mostly for good measure, jst incase of glitches :), the VoodooHDA package (specifically the 2.90 one with clover support) and the latest clover package. Yup, this is a 'pure vanilla' install :)

Once you have those, you install and it's all done without much fuss. I did have the single usb port working during install thing (it was on my front panel for added fun) so I had to put a usb hub on there so I would have keyboard/mouse. It also seems that I had to select 'usb ownership' and 'usb inject' in clover options menu. I have these set in my config.plist. If you are old school, this motherboard even has ps2 for kb and mouse. So you may not have to even worry about that!

I did the entire install onto my Samsung 960. Smooth as butter. The usual boot off of usb to finish install, then the next boot after that and then .. boom. desktop :)

At this point, the glitches from my cheap displayport cable were annoying me, so I installed my Gigabyte Aorus rx580 4gb and, it jst works again (on High Sierra 10.13.5). OOB. No patches, nothing. It's all '5 by 5'. Sleep works, Restart, Shutdown, this motherboard even has a thunderbolt header (if you are so inclined :). It's pretty darned spiffy. I would make a full step by step but, since I would be breaking the rules (this is a pure vanilla install ;), then I don't want to get banned or have it deleted from underneath me. If there is enough peeps out there, I can fling up my EFI folder but, really, it's pretty simple as installs go. No cryptic command line nonsense, no npci, etc etc.

Note; After fakesmc installed into /S/L/E I did move it into UEFI so, that's kind of a cheat, but the base install is clean again :)
Can you upload your EFI folder?

Sorry, I'm a newbie and I haven't find how to do this in the guide, how do you do it?

Basically, you make your usb key following the tutorial, and then you can use something like Clover Configurator to generate a new serial and definition and then save it to the usb key. It's not the "approved" way, because people around here don't seem to like CC for some reason. *polite shrug*

anyhoo.. this is jst one freaking golden motherboard and chip combo. I must admit, I did skip out on the intel 630 nonsense, but mostly because I was planning on using my amd 580 from the start, so, yeah. That bit I am still a bit shady on. Other than that, it's freaking hysterical :)

As I Said, same CPU & motherboard as U are, and I installed the High Sierra as while ,but the system won't shutdown,have u face the problem , any suggest?
Find attached the SSDT for getting the Gen 2 ports working on the mortar titanium b360m. You will still need the USBInjectAll obviously, and you should probably fling in the 300 injector for good measure. Fling the compiled aml into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched and, once that's done, you will have all the ports working (including any on the front facepanels).

EDIT: Updated the Back 3.1 Gen 2 Type A to also support SSP speeds. In this case, when you plug in a usb C hub, with a usb 2 port, it will now stick the correct port in the correct bus .. nice :)

As I Said, same CPU & motherboard as U are, and I installed the High Sierra as while ,but the system won't shutdown,have u face the problem , any suggest?

I have not had any problems with shutdown or restarting. Infact, I have had it do un-attended 'updates' from apple since mojave preview 2. I suspect that this could be a bios version thing or maybe a graphics card situation (it's somehow blocking the restart ??). I have noticed with macs that, if you have a zombie'd or hung process, that a restart can take _ages_. Like an order of minutes. Coming from the linux world, this strikes me as strange but, different os, different rules.

for the record, I have not updated to the very latest bios release yet (I don't need the new i9 support), so maybe it's something in there ?

honestly, I can't say for certain - but if you fling up your config.plist I can try to eyeball any differences.

Thank you for your sharing, I'm new for macintosh.
My machine is i5-8700 + MSI B360m Mortar + Vega56 + Mojave 10.14.1, I tried many EFI folders from peoples who have similar builds,but all have some issues like cant be power off or USB-C don't work or LAN problems.
I really want to follow your guides but don't know anything except download the EFI folders people made and replace it.
Would you mind upload your entire EFI folder that contains CLOVER folder pls?
My English is pretty limited, please don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back