Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i5-6600K, Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3, Gigabyte Radeon R9 390

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey people, I'm sorry for abandoning this guide. Expect a High Sierra guide in the near future (with actual support :p). Lately I've been working on my laptop which is now flawless as far as I can tell. There has been some changes though, I now have a GTX 1080, and an M.2 NVMe SSD. So again, sorry.

Will this guide work for me if my graphics card is the evga geforce GTX 660? or will this only work specifically with the
Gigabyte Radeon R9 390

I spent quite a bit of time on this, so I hope this benefits someone...

What's Working/Included:
- Audio
- Proper USB's/Customized SSDT-USB.dsl
- Ethernet
- GPU with full Acceleration
- Memory Recognition

What's Not Working:
I'm not sure... I think everything works. If you find something that does't work I'll fix it.

BIOS Setting:
  • BIOS Features
    • Fast Boot = Disabled
    • Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
    • Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI Only
    • Other PCI Device ROM Priority = UEFI Only
  • Peripherals
    • Intel Platform Trust Technology (PPT) = Disabled
    • Legacy USB Support = Disabled
    • XHCI Hand-off = Enabled
    • Super IO Configuration
      • Serial Port 1 = Disabled
      • Parallel Port = Disabled
    • SATA Configuration
      • SATA Mode Selection = AHCI
      • Aggressive LPM Support = Disabled
  • Chipset
    • VT-d = Disabled
    • High Precision Timer = Disabled
    • IOAPIC 24-119 Entries = Disabled
  • Power Management
    • ErP = Enabled
    • Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN = Delay 4 Sec.
Note 1, Start with Optimized Defaults (F7)
Note 2, Use the latest BIOS, at the time of writing it is F6e

Installing Mac OS X:
  1. Follow the UniBeast Guide.
  2. Place the latest FakeSMC.kext from here, in the EFI folder of the installer (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other).
  3. Place the latest USBInjectAll.kext from here, in the EFI folder of the installer (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other).
  4. Place the latest RealtekRTL8111.kext from here, in the EFI folder of the installer (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other).
  5. Remove VBoxHfs-64.efi from (EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI), then place HFSPlus.efi from here, in the same folder.
  6. Make sure InjectATI is set to true in the config.plist, this can be done with Clover Configurator or with a Plist Editor.
  7. Make sure FBName is set to "Radeon" without the quotes, in the config.plist, this can be done with Clover Configurator or with a Plist Editor. It will be found under the Graphics Section.
  8. Make sure ATI FakeID is set to 0x67B01002 in the config.plist, this can be done with Clover Configurator or with a Plist Editor. It will be found under the Devices Section.
  9. Install it!
  10. Continue the Guide.
Note 1, When Installing the .kext files, remove all folders except for 10.11 & Other

General:
  1. Boot to your installation using the USB installer.
  2. Install Clover to your installation, then mount the EFI of the USB Installer.
  3. Copy the config.plist from the USB Installer, to your installation.
  4. Use the IOAPIC Patch found here.
  5. Use the SMBIOS found here.
  6. Use your favourite kext installer to Install FakeSMC.kext and RTL8111.kext.
  7. Place USBInjectAll.kext into (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11) on your installation.
  8. Reboot without USB Installer.

Audio:

1. Use the Clover DSDT patch found here, under the audio section. Then reboot.
  2. Mount your EFI.
  3. Run audio_CloverALC-110.command. Reboot.

*Ran out of time, I'll finish this guide soon*

View attachment 172171View attachment 172173View attachment 172172

@Marcoosio, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Ok! Done, any advice would be greatly appreciated on this thanks;)

Hey people, I'm sorry for abandoning this guide. Expect a High Sierra guide in the near future (with actual support :p). Lately I've been working on my laptop which is now flawless as far as I can tell. There has been some changes though, I now have a GTX 1080, and an M.2 NVMe SSD. So again, sorry.

Thanks for documenting all your efforts so well. Looking forward t your updated guide.

Any chance you'd be happy to share your ssdt-usb.aml for the z170-hd3 in the meanwhile?

It would be very helpful in getting USB3 working on High Sierra for myself and others. I'd be super grateful for the share :thumbup:

Thanks for documenting all your efforts so well. Looking forward t your updated guide.

Any chance you'd be happy to share your ssdt-usb.aml for the z170-hd3 in the meanwhile?

It would be very helpful in getting USB3 working on High Sierra for myself and others. I'd be super grateful for the share :thumbup:
Here is mine, all ports working (usb3/usb2):

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    832 bytes · Views: 216
Hi, thanks for your work!
Does it work on Mojave?

yes it works with mojave using custom SSDT for usb

yes it works with mojave using custom SSDT for usb
But, is it the same on OP? Or does it need a new one for Mojave? The only problem that I have, it is with sound and Ethernet port, both do not work. Any idea? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back