Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i5-6600K, Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3, Gigabyte Radeon R9 390

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you! And one more thing, with the audio driver installer it recognized my audio as ALC887 instead of ALC1220. It is normal? I have selected the right one in MultiBeast...

with the audio driver installer it recognized my audio as ALC887 instead of ALC1220. It is normal?

Have you looked in your motherboard manual ?
The Gigabyte website is currently very slow to respond but that should answer your query too.

Google found this page :

ALC887.png

Oh :oops:
I haven't looked for the gigabyte website, actually - I think I've readed a misinformation somewhere.

Ok, nevermind... thanks for all!

I have this motherboard and a Nvidia 1080, can't seem to get it to work. Is there any special intstructions with these two pieces?

Maybe Bios F20 is not compatible with Hackintosh? I have this motherboard too and it won't boot with my usb installer with sierra, that works perfectly on another machine.

Please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Maybe Bios F20 is not compatible with Hackintosh? I have this motherboard too and it won't boot with my usb installer with sierra, that works perfectly on another machine.
Check PSA: Gigabyte F20B BIOS changes for possible solutions.

How were you able to get USB working? I'm doing a build with the same motherboard but my USB 3 isn't working, it's treating all ports like USB 2.

I never got the USB3 ports to work, nor the sound on my Sierra build. I gave up on it a while back. I've perused the linked writeup, but my eyes crossed not too far into it. I don't have a computer science degree, I'm just a fairly computer literate guy who wants OS X on his computer. Is there a Cliff's Notes version of how to fix the USB3 ports problem, one that doesn't include why the old drivers don't work?

No offense intended. TIA

I never got the USB3 ports to work, nor the sound on my Sierra build. I gave up on it a while back. I've perused the linked writeup, but my eyes crossed not too far into it. I don't have a computer science degree, I'm just a fairly computer literate guy who wants OS X on his computer. Is there a Cliff's Notes version of how to fix the USB3 ports problem, one that doesn't include why the old drivers don't work?

No offense intended. TIA

After insane amounts of trial and error I got sound to work on this board in Sierra by doing the following:

Add SSDT to Patches in EFI clover - Option 1 (see Toleda HDA guide)
Realtek 200/100 audio support checked in Multibeast
Add ALC 887 codec (not legacy) in Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back