Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i5-3570K + Zotac Z77-ITX A-E + Lion 10.7.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do I have to do to get WiFi working?

EDIT: so far i got WiFi working by adding the devID in the kext. It says i need to add the DevID in the Atheros40 kext to get AirDrop working. How is this done? FYI: i got an AR 9285 with bluetooth working OOB. So for now on I'm having WiFi and bluetooth.
Audio is not working although i tried the ALC892 kext... Any Information on this?
And last but not least I need to get Sleep working. The Hackintosh does not wake up again :/

What were your exact multibeast setting?

How do I get bluetooth working?

I have the same CPU and MB Combo with Mountain Lion. Everything's fine except for bluetooth. How did you get BT to work?

Just wanted to mention that Samisnake has kindly patched the latest bios for the Zotac board to allow use of the board without patching Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext or needing to use the nulllcpupowermanagement.kext. This should allow OSX updates to be carried out when they issue without Kernel Panics or need to repatch AICPUPM.
I have uploaded the new bios and linked it to the first post of my thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/60920-success-i5-2500k-zotac-z77-itx-mountain-lion.html. The bios links and links to DSDT are at the end of the first post. The patched bios is for universal use and my amendments made in the DSDT should be Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge friendly too.

Right now, I am using NullCPUPowerManagement.. Waiting for new MultiBeast for Mountain Lion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 11.14.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 11.14.34 AM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 191
is this build still working great? even with the newest update (graphics may now work?)

i guess i will buy the same MB, combined with an i5 3570K - so it is more or less exact the same build you used

Working great with Mountain Lion. HD4000 finally works!!

Well, UK stocks finally came through for me and I have my build up and running in a test rig without real issues (I'm using i5 2500k and have full graphics acceleration after a few tweaks). Also got HDMI audio up and running as well as full powermanagement via speedstep patching and DSDT/SSDT.
I will post my build on here when it is all cased up, but wanted to mention that in the uK the version I was sent comes with a non-atheros based wifi/BT card. The one it ships with now is Azurewave AW-NB087H which has Ralink chips in it. I did not manage to patch this one and so I instead bought this replacement: http://www.ebay.com/itm/28083630116...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3781wt_1136 works well without any kext editing.
All in all I'd agree that this board is a fantastic Lion OS X board and should be 100% ML compatible too.

Zotac Z77-ITX having different WiFi/Bluetooth Card...
Thank you for the WiFi info.

Warning: The stock Intel i7-3770k cooler didn't fit.

If you don't use a SSD it will fit, but with the SDD mounted to the bracket it does NOT fit.

M350 case manual says any stock Intel cooler will fit, but they fail to mention you won't be able to have the SDD installed with some motherboards. This Zotec board doesn't have the cpu socket all the way to the side, they put the pci-e slot inbetween the cpu socket and the edge of the board.

Also the USB header cable doesn't reach.

Thank you for the warning!!
M350 case is small..very small.
I didn't know that the Intel cooler won't fit with the SSD. They should have mentioned it.

At first, I also have failed USB header cable connecting to the board..(Due to the length of the cable).
I luckily found a longer cable for the USB header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back