Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i5-3570K + Zotac Z77-ITX A-E + Lion 10.7.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously thinking about doing this build except using a i7-3770k

Have you tried to get higher resolution with hd4000 yet? This supposedly works..

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/56279-limited-resolution-intel-hd-4000-integrated-graphic-card.html#post361937

edit: I see from the photo you already have a high resolution. Mountain Lion is about to come out yeah!!!

Well, UK stocks finally came through for me and I have my build up and running in a test rig without real issues (I'm using i5 2500k and have full graphics acceleration after a few tweaks). Also got HDMI audio up and running as well as full powermanagement via speedstep patching and DSDT/SSDT.
I will post my build on here when it is all cased up, but wanted to mention that in the uK the version I was sent comes with a non-atheros based wifi/BT card. The one it ships with now is Azurewave AW-NB087H which has Ralink chips in it. I did not manage to patch this one and so I instead bought this replacement: http://www.ebay.com/itm/28083630116...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3781wt_1136 works well without any kext editing.
All in all I'd agree that this board is a fantastic Lion OS X board and should be 100% ML compatible too.

Warning: The stock Intel i7-3770k cooler didn't fit.

If you don't use a SSD it will fit, but with the SDD mounted to the bracket it does NOT fit.

M350 case manual says any stock Intel cooler will fit, but they fail to mention you won't be able to have the SDD installed with some motherboards. This Zotec board doesn't have the cpu socket all the way to the side, they put the pci-e slot inbetween the cpu socket and the edge of the board.

Also the USB header cable doesn't reach.

Is there any half card that supports native wifi AND bluetooth?

Got my Z77-ITX btw, but its broken so I need to get a new one -.-

nico525 said:
Is there any half card that supports native wifi AND bluetooth?

Got my Z77-ITX btw, but its broken so I need to get a new one -.-

No, not at the moment. The only combi cards that work and are used in Macs have non-standard connectors and so can't be used in hacks.

Interesting, but I have a question or two.

The m350 documentation (and the customer support at mini-box.com) is VERY SPECIFIC about the box being designed to handle LOW-WATTAGE CPUs with 65W TDP max, i.e., a "T" Intel chip or an i3 2125 at most.

Not sure if the unclocked 3570K you installed will lead to instability or worse. I'd be curious to find out. In reality, even though I have an m350 myself (i3-2125) with the 160W Pico PSU, the box is not REALLY designed for a socket MOBO; it's really supposed to house embedded systems.

Anyway, it sure is handsome. My idea was to mount the m350 using its 100mm VESA holes onto the back of a 23" or so monitor, but I've been unsuccessful at finding a monitor with 100mm VESA holes; lots of 'em have 80-85mm holes, but the 100mm ones seem hard to find at the price point (<$160) I'm considering...

No, not at the moment. The only combi cards that work and are used in Macs have non-standard connectors and so can't be used in hacks.

So, what USB-Dongle works perfectly with the standard kexts?

My chosen solution is to use a native half-height wifi card (AR9280) with a D-Link DBT-120 BT dongle and have the dongle inside the case (in an unshielded region so it gets good signal) using an internal USB header. The D-link (make sure you google to check for which are the best revision) is as close to a Mac native BT dongle as you can get with proper wake from sleep capability and back in the day was the only 3rd party dongle the Apple ever officially supported. Alternatively look in the customisation forum and look for the threads on re-using genuine Mac bluetooth board which you can rig up via an internal USB connection.

I'm considering using this case for my mini build. Can I get by using normal sized ram that doesn't have a taller heatspreader, or would I have to use these shorter sticks?

Sorry for posting kind of off-topic, but i have this motherboard, and i have some problems with the wifi card, namely that i get really bad ping and download speeds. i get anything from 15- 2500ms in ping to my router, and i get less than 1/3 of the speed my MBP gets, when in the same room as my pc.

Does anyone have any tips for how to fix this?

EDIT: Turned out it was the router who was acting up, working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back