Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i5-3570K + Zotac Z77-ITX A-E + Lion 10.7.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hspfriend said:
I'll pull the DSDT when the real ivy mac comes out and the ivy and hd4000 are supported. I see no point for DSDT at this moment. Multibeast works fine for now.
Okay, up to you of course.

If someone posts one from the system then it will be patched to try and give as much native functionality as possible. My board is on back order as there seem to be no UK stocks - when I do get a board I shall look into patching.

Typically these Zotac boards do need a bit of DSDT tweaking just to get them to compile - my first Zotac a few years ago (the old 9300-ITX board) before patching was a bit of a mess, but after patching it ran OSX Leopard and Snow Leopard beautifully.

Hoping Zotac get shipping a few more of these boards soon as I want to get stuck in!

MacintoshHealer said:
Did you try the new BridgeHelper 5?
Does Ivy Bridge + HD4000 work natively now? USB3 as well?
Is a DSDT for this board out yet?

Yes, I tried new BridgeHelper 5 on my system, and it works well. Even my iCloud now works!!

However, I'd say it's not "natively working".
Since there's no support of ivy with non-Gig. boards at this moment,
ivy bridge is using nullcpupowermanagement.
(UPDATE: With MultiBeast 4.6, full power management is enabled. Eliminated the need for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.)

Also, for HD4000, there is no way of using it "natively" YET, I guess.
Here's the quote from tony:
tonymacx86 said:
HD 4000 is not working- there are things missing in the MacBook Pro update- it's the same thing as the Kepler drivers. But we can be ready when the support is native- most likely 10.7.5, or even the final Mountain Lion release.

For now, we'll need to use a discrete graphics card. :)

For USB3, I checked the ports are usable w/ USB2.0. However, I don't have any USB3.0 devices right now and I can't check whether it'll work or not at 3.0 speed.

hspfriend, I am glad you keep mentioning this build in your other posts. I keep backwards-and-forwardsing on what mobo I want to use for a Bitfenix Prodigy build (in case you don't already know, it's an ITX case). The more I read around, your build seems to be the only real stable and easy one that will work for that case.
I'm not ordering until at least the end of the month, but for now thanks to you the Zotac Z77-ITX A-E is at the top of the list.
Thanks!

So, would this be more stable with a sandy bridge i5 HD3000?

ajlowndes said:
hspfriend, I am glad you keep mentioning this build in your other posts. I keep backwards-and-forwardsing on what mobo I want to use for a Bitfenix Prodigy build (in case you don't already know, it's an ITX case). The more I read around, your build seems to be the only real stable and easy one that will work for that case.
I'm not ordering until at least the end of the month, but for now thanks to you the Zotac Z77-ITX A-E is at the top of the list.
Thanks!

Thank you!
I think Bitfenix Prodigy is awesome!! Ivy with a graphic card and prodigy will be a great itx build. Zotac w/ a decent graphic card will work just fine!

Henchman said:
So, would this be more stable with a sandy bridge i5 HD3000?

Stable..? Hmm.. I'm not sure about the compatibility of Sandy & Z77 boards. (Probably works fine except PCI-Express 3.0.)
I'd rather wait for hd4000 support.. but if you want to use HD3000 immediately, I think it'd be a solution for the graphic issue. Or, another solution is a graphic card and a bigger case like 'Bitfenix prodigy' or 'Silverstone'.

@hspfriend Thanks for posting this build. This is on my shortlist of potential hackintosh builds.

Any geekbench test?

is this build still working great? even with the newest update (graphics may now work?)

i guess i will buy the same MB, combined with an i5 3570K - so it is more or less exact the same build you used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back