Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 3470 - GA-Z77N-WIFI - GTX 650 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
So GTX 650 Ti is a good choice for you.
+1 :thumbup:

However, if your games are the top of the line, you may want to look at the nVidia 760 or 770. Cost more money, but, after all, it's the games that will drive your requirements. I don't game, so my 650 Ti was chosen to fill in a gap in tonymacx86 UniBeast & MultiBeast beta testing. The unforeseen benefit was that the nVidia 600 series can drive two monitors from its dual DVI connectors. I can recommend 650 Ti and the 650 Ti Boost.

In any case, I recommend you check out the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide for recommend graphics cards.

OMG i love this forum :headbang:
tnx a lot for ur replies :D

i know,i was about to get gtx 760 with dual 2560x1440 but now i will move into a new house sooner than i thought :p (i need a new desk blah blah blah)
so i think a 650 ti boost its better than 650 ti for 15 euros (20 dollars) more :p (works OOB right?)
and i will buy dual 1920x1080 (aoc d2769vh) and ill see how the things are goin for a future update ;)

:D
last question

did u install 10.9 with the gpu on and ur monitor plugged in the gpu?

Yes. Unibeast not support Intel HD 2500 graphics.

Hey I'm new in this Hackintosh world, I'm gonna build a system withe the same hardware like yours and I have a couple of questions, does FCPX 10.1 works without problems ( any Graphic glitches, crashes)? are you running Mavericks v. 10.9.1?

Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Berlin.

I assembled a PC with GA-Z87N-WIFI at the time of the choice of language presents itself to me the white screen with text floating horizontal black lines .... what's the problem? the video card is shared with the motherboard

The answer to my question is yes! FCP X 10.1.1 with Mavs 10.9.1 works like a charm with my setup!
Evga gtx 650 ti SC 1GB + i5 3,4 + 8GB RAM, I installed everything today and so far everithing is perfect!

Hello,

I have similar hardware to you with:

- Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
- Intel i5-3570 (Intel 4000)
- GIGABYTE GTX 650 Ti OC 1Gb (1032MHz)

I installed Mountain Lion a year ago and remember taking out my graphics card during the install process. I now want to upgrade to mountain lion and can't seem to find the thread that details how and why this must be done. I tried getting into the OSX installer yesterday with my graphics card in and monitors connected to the graphics card, but the installer wouldn't load and I got a white screen.

Is it necessary that I take out the graphics card during my install again? Can anyone please link the thread which describes that process?

Also, I saw that there are no nvidia drivers got GTX 650ti for mavericks. They aren't needed for full functionality?

Many thanks

Hello,

- Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI

I installed Mountain Lion a year ago and remember taking out my graphics card during the install process. I now want to upgrade to mountain lion and can't seem to find the thread that details how and why this must be done. I tried getting into the OSX installer yesterday with my graphics card in and monitors connected to the graphics card, but the installer wouldn't load and I got a white screen.

Is it necessary that I take out the graphics card during my install again? Can anyone please link the thread which describes that process?

Also, I saw that there are no nvidia drivers got GTX 650ti for mavericks. They aren't needed for full functionality?

Many thanks

I have not take the Graphic card, I did the install also with my monitor plugged to the card
It worked OOB without problems! I pretty much just followed Niklook guide.

Hey I'm new in this Hackintosh world, I'm gonna build a system withe the same hardware like yours and I have a couple of questions, does FCPX 10.1 works without problems ( any Graphic glitches, crashes)? are you running Mavericks v. 10.9.1?

Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Berlin.

Hey. Sorry for the long answer - it was a lot of work. Yes FCPX works without any problems on 10.9.1
Before installing 10.1 completely deleted the old version. You can also use the recommendations here http://fcpx.tv/troubleshooting.html

Hello,

- Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI

Many thanks

Yes GTX 650 Ti is fully supported in the Mavericks. The installation process run without any boot flags. Fully native, The installation process goes without any additional flags. But do not forget to disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS.
GTX 650 Ti really does not pass the test of the script VideoHardwareAcceleration, but the work is not affected. FCPX, games, OS interface work without problems. Some card stuck on maximum frequencies after using Open CL applications, but it is often solved installing the new version of HWMonitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back