Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for explanation and DSDT. It doesn't work BTW, but now I will try to apply patches one by one and see what causes the KP.
panic.jpg

:(

Just out of interest what smbios are you using?

Ah well, you have a good record of figuring out stuff for yourself so I'm sure you'll get it sorted...

I'm v. happy with my own build right now so I'm not going to go beyond my current patched bios.

I have lost the initial BIOS version and flashed to the last one from the website in a first day, but it's buggy as hell. I have prepared a bug report and sent it to Zotac BIOS developers, and after a week they sent me this beta BIOS back. Plenty of bugs was solved, but not all of them, so I send another bug report and now I'm waiting for second beta BIOS, so it doesn't worth digging deep into this DSDT, because in 3 days it will be obsolete. I will eventually can for help after new BIOS be released, but now my OS X works fine with external graphic card.

I have bitten the bullet and an i7 3770k is going to be with me next week.....time for a serious upgrade and to see how my little mini-ITX system copes.

I have bitten the bullet and an i7 3770k is going to be with me next week.....time for a serious upgrade and to see how my little mini-ITX system copes.
:thumbup:

I'm going to have to do a few tweaks when I switch processor - do you have a latest capribuffer kext modified for the right output ports I could use? It'll save me a little time if you have one.

Otherwise, I'm going to start with a no DSDT build again and then extract and start patching from the beginning once more. It is tedious, but fun in a perverted sort of way!

Thanks for any help you are able to offer...

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion (now i7 3770k)

Thanks Giacomoleopardo.

New processor now installed using your Capri kext, DSDT and graphics powermanagement kext as well as the MacMini6,2 definition.

Created a new SSDT and all running nicely with a mild turbo boost overclock to 4GHz. Geekbenching 14500.

Very happy and will now be re-casing this back into a Cube again.

Thanks Giacomoleopardo.

New processor now installed using your Capri kext, DSDT and graphics powermanagement kext as well as the MacMini6,2 definition.

Created a new SSDT and all running nicely with a mild turbo boost overclock to 4GHz. Geekbenching 14500.

Very happy and will now be re-casing this back into a Cube again.

No man: thank YOU!
I woudn't learn anything of this stuff if it had not been for this thread. For me everything (to optimize the system, bios patch, dsdt edit, power management, connectors mappature) started from here!
:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back