Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, thanks to forum members Mieze and mrengles I've just enabled usb 3.0 ports to backwork as 2.0 and 1.0. This achievement is based on Mieze's MSI board DSDT editing, and for her, mrengles (Asrock board) and other users it works 100%. In my Zotac Z77 ITX only rear usb 3.0 are fully working. Front usb 3.0 (internal header) work at 2.0 speed (2.0 flash usb fully operating, but HDD 3.0 randomly not recognized or lacky).
I found this behavior in Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, though. I'm asking you all to help ourselves out and test this amazing job: maybe it's just my (faulty?) board!
Here are the links
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/85385-dsdt-asrock-z77-professional-m-2.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/61894-dsdt-msi-b75ma-p45.html
my little editing guide (post #16 and #17)

EDIT: Problem solved, hardware issue!

Guys, can you please assist me on getting HD3000@2500K (8086 0112) to work on this board?
I have tried numerous patched kext and patch variants, but every time I enable GraphicsInjector I see white artifacts at the top of the screen and nothing more.
Has anyone a working patched SNB.kext for 10.8.3?

Hi Coderush,
I'll look into this.
At the moment I am using my GTX 660 on this board, so have not bothered yet to patch SNB Fb but I assume patching will be the same for the SNB framebuffer as it was before and will check it out later today.
As a side note, I have always used graphicsenabler=No on the past in this build (when using HD3000 too) and that worked well for me.

Okay coderush. This is my patched SNB FB kext for 10.8.3 - just tested and using now with no problem.

Using graphicsenabler=no and patched dsdt - also attached.

PS Anyone reading this who is NOT using a SNB processor do NOT use the attached DSDT

PPS Dual graphics also seem to be working - GTX 660 at same time as internal.

Attachments

• 10.8.3.zip
    227.9 KB · Views: 88
Thanks a lot, but I can't use your DSDT as is, because I have pre-release v0.11 beta BIOS for Z77ITX and with your DSDT I have kernel panic immediately after kernel startup. And without it I still become black screen with GraphicEnabler=Yes and artifacts with GraphicEnabler=No.
Can you please describe your DSDT modifications so I can apply them to my DSDT?

Hi Coderush,
Can you post your native DSDT on the new bios and then I can do a diff between that and the native DSDT I have (as well as the modded)?

Sure I can.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 95
Coderush.

Don't know if this'll help, but did some comparisons in Textwrangler to refresh my own memory on the patches!

I patched your raw dsdt and attach it here.

The changes from your raw dsdt are:

Added Method DTGP (of course);

Acquire (mute0, 0xFFFF) from 0x0fff @ line 3685;

Renamed the existing GFX0 as IGPU throughout (search replace)
Then:

Device gfx0 and hdau inserted line 5425 for any future external GPU adding;

Device mei added line 5787;

hdef layout 3 etc inserted from line 7151;

device bus0 added from line 7195;

At line 8092 igpu device patched for sandy bridge;

The _DSM method for the last change conflicted with an existing _DSM method in the same scope and so I deleted this _DSM method that was in your raw DSDT so the DSDT could compile.

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)
            {
                Name (DRET, Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00
                })
                If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
                        {
                            /* 0000 */    0xE1, 0x75, 0x39, 0x6F, 0x82, 0x7A, 0x67, 0x4F, 
                            /* 0008 */    0x8B, 0x97, 0x15, 0xBE, 0xE0, 0x60, 0xBE, 0xDF
                        }))
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        CreateWordField (DRET, Zero, F0SS)
                        Store (0x02, F0SS)
                        Return (DRET)
                    }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                    {
                        If (LEqual (^^PEG0.PEGP.LNKV, 0x03))
                        {
                            Return (Zero)
                        }

Return (One)
                    }
                }

Return (DRET)
            }

I did not include any of my other patching here and left everything that was specific to your bios version and configuration unchanged. So if you look for the changes in the attached you can see what patches I have and hopefully the patched DSDT may work for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back