Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow !! It works. I'm installing now. Let me get back to you again after install and test the performance/status too.

and for the too much sleep well issue, Yes it's gone. I think that it just happen somehow..
and extra option of network wake, It's showing now as I'm with IMAC13,1 :) Get back to you after change to Mac pro3,1 later.

thank you

@MiniHack

I'm back. Let me update the result.

(1)Overall Graphic performance : shows more stable. Min FPS/Max FPS has been increased a little bit in Unibench.
but Not much performance difference and for the GE option matter, No difference too.
but with GE=YES, I can see the graphic card name :) in the terminal via Bdmesg command. it's a only difference.

I even don't know what GE for.... hahaha..anyway...GE=Yes working only with PCIROOT=1.
I believe that our ITX board has only 1 graphic slot, so All should be PCIROOT=0 right ? so, Also not understand why GE=YES Only works with PCIROOT=1 (even if MY PCIROOT=0) and GE=NO option is works with any PCIROOT numbers 0, 1

(2) SMBIOS : Still MacPro3,1 only shows 9 P-state and high benchmark performance score.
(3) BOOT : I have to roll-back "APPLEACPI~.kext" to boot after update like previous update. 10.8.1 to 10.8.2
Don't know why...How about you ? I think that this time update still based on 10.8.2.
FYI, Moviemakergr's reply here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/72956-10-8-2-problem.html
FYI, I don't use the OEMSBMIOS.kext in E/E or S/L/E and in the FakeSMC.Kext too.

(4) Sound : After update, No sound. I had to update the Mulitbeast again. but New Multibeast 5.1 ALC892 option is not works to me. previous version one works same with before.
(5) USB : My USB 3.0 external hard-drive(has Asmedia 1051) shows great performance after update. Now I may can say that MY USB3.0 Port works.
(6) Extra option : Wake for network acess option. Yes back to normal. I had it in any SMBIOS.
(7) Sleep : Too much sleep well issue ? haha..it's also back to normal. :)

Thanks. Appreciated if you check for me on your situation for #(1), (3),(4).

and Let me keep you posted whenever I got the any result. thank you.

Hi Podoboy,
Glad all is good!

[1]For me I have not used GE=Yes. Reason: GE=No is always going to be better option if you can use it as it means the card is working without using bootloader injection (GE=yes was a solution made by hackintoshers to help get graphics working for unrecognised cards).By the way I am STILL having to use internal graphics at the moment because my RMA'd power supply has still not been sent back to me.

[2] I agree that for best CPU performance MacPro3,1 still best. However, in reality the p=states from the iMac13,1 are good also - what I mean is it uses mostly the same P-states as the macPro3,1 def does for most of the time - just the MacPro def. sometimes uses some extra ones for a small amount of time. I am going to use the iMac definition I think from now on as it may be better for patching the AGPM kext once people figure out exactly what they need to patch for power management with Kepler. I will experiment with that myself once my power supply gets here (getting very frustrated only having 125w system power!!!!!!).

[3] I have not had to roll back the ACPi kext at all, ever. Maybe it is the different cards? Maybe it is the strange thing I noticed in DSDT - perhaps if you tried without DSDT to begin, then extract the clean DSDT and add patches you will be able to not need roll back. Reason I saw panic when switching cards before was that for some reason address ranges changed in the native DSDT with and without graphics card so I had to re-patch.

[4]Sound. Tip, always remove your working AppleHDA.kext before you update and then add it straight back after update. You should assume you will always need to do this when Apple does a system update.....

[5] That sounds good. I will check!

Finally got my RMA'd psu back today and could properly try out the drivers from the OS X update for the new models. I agree there is a small increase in Unigine Heaven for me. Also I had a look at power draw for the whole board to see if powermanagement on the GPU (GTX 660) was working. All looks good....my system idles at around 50watts and when I fire up Unigine to test the card it peaks at around 160Watts for the system as a whole.

Considering my card is rated at 150w maximum (for itself) and I think is supposed to only draw around 7watts or so on idle I am pretty happy that it looks like I won't need to patch AGPM as obviously powermanagement for the card is working. Unigine Heaven gives me an average of about 70fps which is probably about what it should be in OS X.

Finally got my RMA'd psu back today and could properly try out the drivers from the OS X update for the new models. I agree there is a small increase in Unigine Heaven for me. Also I had a look at power draw for the whole board to see if powermanagement on the GPU (GTX 660) was working. All looks good....my system idles at around 50watts and when I fire up Unigine to test the card it peaks at around 160Watts for the system as a whole.

Considering my card is rated at 150w maximum (for itself) and I think is supposed to only draw around 7watts or so on idle I am pretty happy that it looks like I won't need to patch AGPM as obviously powermanagement for the card is working. Unigine Heaven gives me an average of about 70fps which is probably about what it should be in OS X.

@Minihack

Good for you !!.
How can I check the power draw for GP ?

In case you don't know yet, CUDA-Z is good to check the performance/Driver status too.

@podoboy

I have a power meter that is between the mains outlet and the power plug. So it is a check on how much total power the board is drawing. It does not directly tell you the GPU power draw, but of course when you are using a graphics benchmark program the difference between idle and under load will definitely tell you if GPU powermanagement is working.

Check the manufacturer specifications of your card (max power and idle power) and then check what happens when you are actually idling and at 100% stress.

If you want to be thorough you can of course try this with different smbios and with different values injected into AGPM, but as I have not seen anyone anywhere talk about what the AGPM settings should actually be for Kepler cards I do not want to get too deep into it - especially as it looks like everything seems to be working as well as can be expected.

@podoboy

I have a power meter that is between the mains outlet and the power plug. So it is a check on how much total power the board is drawing. It does not directly tell you the GPU power draw, but of course when you are using a graphics benchmark program the difference between idle and under load will definitely tell you if GPU powermanagement is working.

Check the manufacturer specifications of your card (max power and idle power) and then check what happens when you are actually idling and at 100% stress.

If you want to be thorough you can of course try this with different smbios and with different values injected into AGPM, but as I have not seen anyone anywhere talk about what the AGPM settings should actually be for Kepler cards I do not want to get too deep into it - especially as it looks like everything seems to be working as well as can be expected.

You are right.

and I found that something weird. ....Seems one of Cube style case...but couldn't figure out the brand and how I can buy...

Still I prefer the Mod Cube based on real cube like you made...but below is acceptable design compared to other normal chassis in the market..

1352191740_OF8sAdmJ_1-1280x1024.jpg

Will be back if I found any news that I may can share with you.

Podoboy, I have seen that case and a build log. It is a one off case and cannot be bought. Basically a guy made a very radical mod to his Cube. I will see if I can find the log....

EDIT: Here it is http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=227181

If you don't like using hex editors, I have made a small perl script that should work. Just copy and paste the following into Terminal:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x02\x05\x00\x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x07\x01\x00\x00\x03\x04\x00\x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x07\x01\x00\x00\x04\x06\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00\x00\x06\x00\x00\x00|\x02\x05\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00\x00\x06\x00\x00\x00\x03\x04\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00\x00\x06\x00\x00\x00\x04\x06\x00\x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x07\x01\x00\x00|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

If I have not made a typo this will change any of the framebuffers in the Capri kext that at the moment are:: DP/DP/HDMI into HDMI/HDMI/DP. It is a lot less typing than just targetting the MacMini framebuffer, but should work just as well and not cause any issues (I think!). As with everything though hacking is at your own risk so make a back up of anything you are going to change.

Tested your perl script via terminal on the ZOTAC Z77ITX on both HDMI ports on LED TV. Result show no audio option out of either HDMI ports.

Is the PERL script you compile for HD3000? Perhaps I am using HD4000 that's why it's not picking up?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 8.17.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 8.17.10 PM.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 8.27.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 8.27.31 PM.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back