Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Podoboy,
Many thanks for the kind words. Yes, there is no real reason why Zotac (or other boards) should not work as well as Gigabyte - just that this site supports Gigabyte more than any other make. Truth though is that with a bit of time and effort most boards (with the right processor and chipsets) now can be made OS X friendly....
Anyway, yes I suggest that you start from a clean DSDT (boot up without one if you can) and then make your own and patch it with the patches i have put into DSDTse. Try it and let me know how it goes.
Good luck.

Hi Podoboy,
Many thanks for the kind words. Yes, there is no real reason why Zotac (or other boards) should not work as well as Gigabyte - just that this site supports Gigabyte more than any other make. Truth though is that with a bit of time and effort most boards (with the right processor and chipsets) now can be made OS X friendly....
Anyway, yes I suggest that you start from a clean DSDT (boot up without one if you can) and then make your own and patch it with the patches i have put into DSDTse. Try it and let me know how it goes.
Good luck.

Hi MiniHack
I've just got the result.

Since I got the p-state already, Nothing much changed for P-state but but but !!
I've got the overall great performance improvements

Novabench :1321 to 1500
Cinebench : Higher than identical score (Before adjust, even I couldn't meet)

SYSINFO.pngcinebench.pngMSRDUMP.png

Question here
HDEF Patch : Per your comments in the patch, Should I install again with Multibeast 5.1.2 ALC829 one ?
if so, which one is correct ?
1. Under with DSDT ALC892
2. Under with DSDT ALC892a/885
3. Under without DSDT ALC892
4. Under without DSDT ALC892a/885

DTGP Patch : I don't know what this is but I did patch. Can you tell me what is for ?

Hi Podoboy,

The HDEF patch in the custom code section is for ALC892. It is basically the same as the patching with multibeast. You can change the layout in the HDEF patch according to what you want. See this post from Toleda which explains what layouts 1, 2 and 3 are for.
That post is about what is in Multibeast and this is basically the same thing in the patch. If you want you can do the multibeast install for the ALC892 kext and that will do the HDEF patching for you.

The Method DTGP is needed in every DSDT so that the patches are recognised (I mean this method is what lets the changes we do actually work).

Glad things are going well.

:)

Hi Podoboy,

The HDEF patch in the custom code section is for ALC892. It is basically the same as the patching with multibeast. You can change the layout in the HDEF patch according to what you want. See this post from Toleda which explains what layouts 1, 2 and 3 are for.
That post is about what is in Multibeast and this is basically the same thing in the patch. If you want you can do the multibeast install for the ALC892 kext and that will do the HDEF patching for you.

The Method DTGP is needed in every DSDT so that the patches are recognised (I mean this method is what lets the changes we do actually work).

Glad things are going well.

:)

All Clear. Very thanks. By the way, Does your USB 3.0 actually works ? I mean with USB 3.0 Speed (Roughly x3 times faster than USB 2.0)

I don't have any USB 3 devices. My USB 2 devices like bluetooth and keyboard/mouse work fine from the USB 3 ports. I have not done anything to patch the USB 3 (not to the DSDT or to any kexts). Things like my USB 2.0 memory stick do not work from the USB 3 ports without adding extra kexts. However, as I don't really need USB 3 (but can use them anyway for mouse and keyboard) I am not going to add any extra kexts just yet and I probably will wait to see if support becomes better after the next OS X release.

I don't have any USB 3 devices. My USB 2 devices like bluetooth and keyboard/mouse work fine from the USB 3 ports. I have not done anything to patch the USB 3 (not to the DSDT or to any kexts). Things like my USB 2.0 memory stick do not work from the USB 3 ports without adding extra kexts. However, as I don't really need USB 3 (but can use them anyway for mouse and keyboard) I am not going to add any extra kexts just yet and I probably will wait to see if support becomes better after the next OS X release.

Well noted with thanks. I think so. I truly hope that there are major update during Apple events today for Z77 boards !!

PS. New score. Getting higher but don't know why at this time. My mac is getting better even start to talk with you haha.....:)
cine.pngnova.png

All Clear. Very thanks. By the way, Does your USB 3.0 actually works ? I mean with USB 3.0 Speed (Roughly x3 times faster than USB 2.0)

Hi podoboy, my USB3 working as advertised. Same board as minihack & you. Getting 90+MB/s using a SATA to USB3 adaptor cable to an old Hitachi HD. The 90MB/s looks like the limit of the HD. Marvellous board.

@Miramar,

I think also I have a clue on why some people get KPs with some DSDT from me/you. Recently I have been using a graphics card with my build (660GTX - nice card). It seems though that when you extract the DSDT from a system with graphics card and one without, they are the same except for some values in memory address registers. However, if you load the DSDT from a system without a graphics card into a system where there is a card then you get a KP. The same seems to be true in the other direction.......as long as you know this, it is not too much of a problem as most people don't change their graphics card very often. And, if you know the problem, you can work around it.

I also changed my DSDT a bit recently to make it work better with and without the external graphics. I'll post it soon, but for the moment my system is down (my power supply failed after just 30 days and is being RMA'd).

Fantastic updates you've done here minihack. Really appreciate it. Thanks for the DSDT guide. It's really helping me understand more about editing a DSDT.

Hi podoboy, my USB3 working as advertised. Same board as minihack & you. Getting 90+MB/s using a SATA to USB3 adaptor cable to an old Hitachi HD. The 90MB/s looks like the limit of the HD. Marvellous board.

It's good to know.!! Thanks for your update.

Everyday happy to see here found the good news from the zotac Z77 ITX masters :)

@Minihack and @Miramar
IMG-20121027-00017.jpgIMG-20121027-00019.jpg

Would you please see as attached image ? This is not a big issue. but i'd like to know the truth or reality at least

Those are all my boot screen
First one (left, 00017.jpg) : Not a full screen
last one(Right, 00019.jpg) : Fit/full screen image (Like a real-mac, My Powerbook/Macbook Pro 17inch. Not sure MAC-PRO OR IMAC users are able to see the full screen boot image)

Left one shows when I didn't put anything related with GE options or GE=NO
GE=NO

Right one shows when i put GE=Yes option

First, The left one shows and then followed right fit/full screen image again. but no more. it seems stop.
but can't login to osx.
but If I put the GE=YES, PCIROOT=1 yes. I can login to OSX but Can't see that fit/full screen boot loader.

In summary
GE=YES + PCIROOT=1 => Boot ok but No fit/full boot screen
GE=NO +PCIROOT=1 or 0 = all boot ok but no fit/full boot screen
No GE option = All boot ok but no fit/full boot screen
GE=YES + PCIROOT=1 = Can't boot and stuck at fit/full boot screen.

Do you have any sense on this ? and Would you possible to tell me on your situation when you use GE=Yes or No ?

and Lastly to MiniHack
Since you are using dedicated graphic. right ? Which SMBIOS use ? I saw that Mac PRO3,1 doesn't have Right AGMP(Graphic power mgmt ?) something.
So that GTX670 users dosen't use the MAC PRO3,1 and recommend to switch to MACPRO4,1 or 5,1(Mostly...)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/65450-gtx670-agpm.html.

just fyi...

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back