Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I need help...

I am a noob to not only the hackintosh community but to building a computer in general. I found out how to update the bios using the usb formatted dos boot disk but after flashing I get "waning: cmos error was detected Bios settings have been restored" with the option of hitting f1 to continue or delete to enter setup (bios). I cannot get past this it only fails to boot and eventually freezes. The board worked fine before this but I got a kernal panic because of the power management thing (my reason for updating). Basically i am asking if anyone can post the original bios for this board or a backup of the new bios that is working? If you have had this problem and can help fix it without those things that would be great too :)

You can always download latest BIOS from Zotac support site.

ok I need help...

I am a noob to not only the hackintosh community but to building a computer in general. I found out how to update the bios using the usb formatted dos boot disk but after flashing I get "waning: cmos error was detected Bios settings have been restored" with the option of hitting f1 to continue or delete to enter setup (bios). I cannot get past this it only fails to boot and eventually freezes. The board worked fine before this but I got a kernal panic because of the power management thing (my reason for updating). Basically i am asking if anyone can post the original bios for this board or a backup of the new bios that is working? If you have had this problem and can help fix it without those things that would be great too :)

Did that.... didn't work either got the same cmos error screen.

ok I need help...

Did you flash with all the swicthes? i.e.:

afu301.exe mybios.bin /p /n /b

@minihack
Hi, it's been awhile since I drop by here. Thanks for the info you've been posting in my thread. Next thing I'll be working on are the pStates and the info here, especially the conversation between you and podoboy, has been very helpful.

@Miramar,

I think also I have a clue on why some people get KPs with some DSDT from me/you. Recently I have been using a graphics card with my build (660GTX - nice card). It seems though that when you extract the DSDT from a system with graphics card and one without, they are the same except for some values in memory address registers. However, if you load the DSDT from a system without a graphics card into a system where there is a card then you get a KP. The same seems to be true in the other direction.......as long as you know this, it is not too much of a problem as most people don't change their graphics card very often. And, if you know the problem, you can work around it.

I also changed my DSDT a bit recently to make it work better with and without the external graphics. I'll post it soon, but for the moment my system is down (my power supply failed after just 30 days and is being RMA'd).

See Post 1 for major update to this thread. I have fully detailed how to easily extract and patch the DSDT for this board and included (within an attached application) the specific patches that should work for you.

Any problems please post here and I will do my best to help.

:)

23 October - added Noodles wifi patch to the list of patches inside DSDTse on post 1.

DSDT Editing for the Zotac. DSDT PATCHING - roll your own!

The Zotac will work fine without a DSDT. If you are using the latest bios (or the patched bios) then all general functions work pretty much out of the box. However, if you want: to add a graphics card, have working HDMI audio, want to fix some annoying “Unknown AHCI controller” notices in system profiler, use HD 3000 graphics, or add P-state information then using a DSDT is probably the best way to go. DSDTs don’t change when OSX is updated and a fix once made is, generally, a fix forever.

While someone elses DSDT might work for you, it might also mess up your system - e.g. using a dsdt from someone who has a different processor or graphics card to you might cause a less than optimum result. So instead of using one of the DSDTs you will find attached to this post and in the threads I strongly urge you to extract and patch your own by following this "How to" which is specific to the Zotac board and for ALL processors (read the notes in the patches before applying them).

Hi MiniHack!!!
Super Amazing update !!!. I never seen this kinds of amazing update before and even for Giga/Asus Mobo user group too.

Like me who don't know how to use/handle/customize the DSDT, we have to "JUST Wait" the DSDT(and it's even for general usage for)

but No more "JUST WATING" for ZOTAC Z77 ITX users !! Very Rookie friendly update and can customize it !!!!
Big Thank you and Lucky to have same mobo with you.

Plus,

As you remember my situation, I'm using your first DSDT file and use GTX670 now. based on this, Should I do the patch of discret graphic card you provide one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back