Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post amended to include new patched Zotac Bios and DSDT downloads for general use for this board.

Bios is patched by Samisnake to remove need for patching the Appleintelpowermanagement.kext

Hi. Great post!
I have ivy bridge cpu, i5 3570k..and
Today, I patched my board with the BIOS (By the way, how did you get this ROM from Samisnake? I couldn't find thread..) you uploaded and I also installed your patched DSDT with the MultiBeast.

I didn't check neither NullCPUPowerManagement nor Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (which works for 10.7.4. ivy).
And my system is working great except Sleep and Restart(reboot).

I doubt that the sleep problem is related to the HD4000 injection... but I am not sure.
Restart always results in kernel panic during the restarting boot up. Shutdown and a fresh boot are fine.

I guess it's related to the AICPUPM patch and I need your help..
Is there a way to patch this (for ivy bridge CPUs)? How can I fix my sleep and restart issue?

Hi,

The patched Bios for the Zotac was sent to me directly by Samisnake.

While the patched bios is great to let the system get running without extra patching/kext I did find that using the perl script afterwards made the system function better for powermanagement and that might also be true for the sleep/restart problem you have. Have you tried using the perl patching script I mention in the first post to patch your own AICPUPM kext ? If you don't have the developer tools to be able to run the script then you can the copy of AICPUPM kext that I put in my zotac kit for Mountain lion. I am pretty sure the end result would be the same, which for me gives full sleep and restart etc.

In my patched DSDT (make sure you use the new one from the 2 August edit at bottom of the first post) I made sure that should not be limited to any particular processor so that should not be a problem. However, just in case there is any problem with the general powermanagement p-states I put into my DSDT - which are the general i5 and i7 pstates, that i don't know if they are also general for i3 - I have attached another DSDT here for you that does not include any p-state information at all (but does include all other general fixes).

Good luck.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14 KB · Views: 107
The link of AICPUPM kext of Zotac kit is broken. "Files not found -404-"
Anyway, I patched using the perl script.. however, sleep and restart still don't work.
Isn't this script for only sandy bridges?

I would appreciate if you upload the kext of zotac kit again. Thank you.

Ok will do. I will try to upload to this site, but often the upload seems to fail to here at the moment.......

Hi,
I have attached here my patched AICPUPM kext for Mountain Lion as well as two DSDTs that I have adapted and are for the most recent bios version. They include the patches for HD 4000. One of them has my power management edits in it and the other leaves them out so you could try both and see what works best. The patches for HD 4000 are based on the need for the injection of the information set out in Toledas excellent post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/62880-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-hd4000.html

Attachments

• DSDTandAICPUPM.zip
    44.7 KB · Views: 141
nice job.
i would try it tomorrow

Do you think this process will be similar if I used my old zotac z68 board with the i5 2500k? I had Lion on it before but want to start fresh now with mountain lion

Can't really compare different board types. I am sure though that if your Z68 board ran Lion okay it will run ML too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back