Contribute
Register

[Success] i5 2500K - Zotac Z77- ITX - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just have to use DSDTse to extract a clean DSDT from my motherboard and put in /Extra folder ?
May I modify it to patch speedstep like your DSDT, sata port ?
Thanks again !

Yes,
First see if I am right by putting the one you take out of DSDTse into the Extra folder and make sure everything still works. Then when you are happy add just the edits you want/need (like the speedstep parts). If you have any problem just post the unmodified DSDT up here and I will add the speedstep (P-states) to it.

So, your advice is good :)
I have extract my DSDT, add Hdef, support of AR9285 wifi, intel 7 series AHCI, and your pstates's code of your DSDT.
Fix errors and warnings, now everything works like a charm :headbang: (except good quality sound on front panel audio).
I think I found why wake doesn't work with your DSDT in my build, because you have renamed "GFX0" to "IGPU".

What other changes can I do with my DSDT to improve the system ?

Here is my DSDT which works with a graphic card : View attachment nukky_DSDT-AHCI-HdefML-AR9285-pstates.aml.zip

Thanks minihack !!!

Glad it worked for you.

Yes, if you have a discrete card you'll need GFX0 - as I don't I am not using it - but will put it in when I am going to use one (if that makes sense!). Sleep as I say works fine for me anyway.....

:thumbup:

By the way, the general advice was always that you should never use someone elses DSDT, but extract it from your system and then modify it. I think that advice is still good, if you are okay with DSDT editing, as it is always the best way to get your system to perform the way you want or need it to. I also prefer not to use automatic editors....

Yes thanks again ! Now I know a little bit more how extract and modify a DSDT !
Except activate HDMI audio from HD4000/HD3000 and what I already do, what other changes can I do with my DSDT to improve the system ?

Well, I do some fixes in my DSDT which (to be honest) I am not sure are really of any practical use. For instance, I check which kexts are loading and then look to see if there are any that might need a patch.

One of these is the AppleLPC.kext, that used to considered to be needed to load for proper power management and so I use a patch to inject the device ID of an Apple LPC device to make the kext load. Similarly there are other traditional fixes to the HPET device and to the RTC device to handle interrupts and so I usually do those fixes, and also include some fixes under the USB devices for helping to ensure there is enough current during sleep.

I think that maybe some of those traditional fixes may not be needed any more with the Z77 boards, but I know that those fixes do not seem to do any harm so when I do my edits I include them anyway, because if they even help in a small way then why not use them? I would be interested to read any articles about what really is needed now but there is not much information of that sort around on the internet.

Anyway, what I would say as a general rule now is that if your system works then do not add any more fixes until you know what you want to fix! I also recommend though (if you are really interested) is that you download text wrangler. Text Wrangler opens dsdt.dsl files and has a very useful feature for comparing two documents ("Compare two front documents") and showing the differences and then letting you apply changes from one document to the other. That feature is really good for comparing your DSDT to someone elses for the same board and helps you to work out what fixes to use and how.

This post though is getting far too geeky so I must stop now!

I hope in some way it helps, but I think you have done a very good job of fixing your system already. The next step for you is probably sorting that front audio problem and that solution will be in editing the kext, not the DSDT.

:)

Oh yes, one other thing I did not mention is that you can fine tune the powermanagement by working with p-state calculations and also control and insert C-states. To be honest, I never went that deep, but some people do go into that detail. The information on how to do it and what to do is difficult to find though and there are not really any proper guides. This kind of thing takes many hours reading on different forums and researching and, for me, I think that life is perhaps too short to be taking things to such extremes.

Finally, you can also insert very specific details relating to your own devices and in particular to the graphics cards to tweak the way that they work and how they are reported in system profiler.

Wow, that's a great explanation, very interesting, thanks !
I will follow your advice and make your others adjustments present in your DSDT with the tool comparaison of Text Wrangler :)

Hi MiniHack

Finally, I have got the my original DSDT/SSDT(don't know why but it comes together somehow..)

anyway, Appreciated again if you edit for me

My System
CPU : XEON E3 1230 V2 3.3GHZ but System report shows I7/3.29GHZ now FYI
* P-STATE : ONLY 4 NUMBERS. 16 32 33 35
* I have installed "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.Kext" from your Patched ML Version in ZOTAC KIT.zip

MB : ZOTAC ITX Z77 A-E

and Works list without any DSDT. and I'm not sure those below needs to be included in DSDT but I will follow based on your editing.
AUDIO : ON-BOARD ALC892 : NO ISSUE WITH ALC892 KEXT IN MULTIBEAST.
GPU : MSI GTX670 2GB : NO ISSUE/OOB/QE/CI WOKRS
WIRELESS/BLUETOOTH : NO ISSUE WITHOUT ANY DSDT/KEXT. I took it from original mac-book pro and installed
SLEEP/Wake/Deep Sleep/Hibernation : WORKS ALL, IN MENUBAR ONE TOO

Please let me know if I missed any other information to edit my DSDT.
I should bought the Intel I7 K not a xeon..I think...

I couldn't sleep well in this week because of P-state issue... Anyway..you save me.
Big thanks for your extra support again.

Attachments

• PODODSDT.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 90
Hi Podoboy,
I am looking at your files now. Can you also go back into DSDTse and extract the other files that also have "SSDT" in their name - there are probably for instance SSDT-1, SSDT-2 etc. Usually the native P-state information for your processor will be in one of those files, so it'd be good to see what is there instead of just putting in a generic p-state info for an i5/i7 (it is likely the Xeon has different info).
Thanks,

EDIT: In the meantime I am attaching two files for you. The first is your DSDT with just the remarks and warnings fixed and the second has my p-states added in to the Scope (_PR) section. You can try this and see if it does give you good p-states, but I definitely recommend we try and find what ones are in your own tables....

Attachments

• Podoboy.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back