Contribute
Register

Success: i5-2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, Radeon HD 6850, 10.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So... how is it working so far? :confused:
I'm thinking to get these, but as here in Argetina hardware is so expensive, I must be very sure about what to buy... :x
What about graphics? Is HD3000 good.... or should I get a Nvidia gt210 instead? or an Ati ??? Which one? :?: (the cheapest, because I'm not planning to do any hard-graphics task so far)
And which is this problem you say about the AppStore? Will it be fixed if I buy an USB ethernet adapter?
And sound.... How is it working so far?? :p
And... another question... :rolleyes: have you tried those cheap SD Card readers that often comes with cheap computers, and connects to the internal USB? I have some of them and I wanted to use them...

I know those are lots of questions, but please be patient with me, I'm just learning.....
I would be very thankful if you could answer them.... :D

And sorry for my very bad english, my main language is spanish, but spanish forum isn't much active here.... Thank you sooooo much! :) :) :)

juanmaaaaa said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So... how is it working so far? :confused:
I'm thinking to get these, but as here in Argetina hardware is so expensive, I must be very sure about what to buy... :x
What about graphics? Is HD3000 good.... or should I get a Nvidia gt210 instead? or an Ati ??? Which one? :?: (the cheapest, because I'm not planning to do any hard-graphics task so far)

I'm using the HD3000 and for my needs it's working fine. I'll pickup a video card later but like you, a cheap one but also one the just works without adding EFI strings to the boot file after every update.

juanmaaaaa said:
And which is this problem you say about the AppStore? Will it be fixed if I buy an USB ethernet adapter?

I can say with THIS board (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3), i was able to access App Store.

juanmaaaaa said:
And sound.... How is it working so far?? :p

Right now, I get a 'pop' sound just before audio plays through the speaker (analog)

juanmaaaaa said:
And... another question... :rolleyes: have you tried those cheap SD Card readers that often comes with cheap computers, and connects to the internal USB? I have some of them and I wanted to use them...

I do have an SD card reader installed, have not tested yet.

Thanks saviour!!! I'm glad to hear every goes well with this hardware! So I will try HD3000, If it doesn't work for me, there's always the alternative to buy a graphics card. And about the popping noise, I have read something about it in CustoMac Mini thread, I will search later and post it here. Thank you very much!

mykuls said:
sonicseamus said:
I'm getting that too... we should post in Toleda's 889 kext thread and see if he has any suggestions.

No speaker popping using regular audio and rollback w/multibeast.

Can you confirm which system definition you're using? I'm using Mac Mini.

saviour_c said:
mykuls said:
sonicseamus said:
I'm getting that too... we should post in Toleda's 889 kext thread and see if he has any suggestions.

No speaker popping using regular audio and rollback w/multibeast.

Can you confirm which system definition you're using? I'm using Mac Mini.

Not Mac mini. Mac pro 3,1 I think. Will post otherwise if i notice it is different when I turn on machine. Whatever was the suggestion with the unibeast/multibeast instructions. Trying others caused kp.

mykuls said:
Not Mac mini. Mac pro 3,1 I think. Will post otherwise if i notice it is different when I turn on machine. Whatever was the suggestion with the unibeast/multibeast instructions. Trying others caused kp.

A few days ago, I changed to Mac Pro 5,1...the highest/latest version....and got a kernel panic...then I panicked...then reverted back to Mac Mini.

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls....after changing to Mac 3,1, the POP is gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back