Contribute
Register

Success: i5-2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, Radeon HD 6850, 10.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sonicseamus

Wow. Thank you!

I will be using DVI, it's what I'm currently using right now. Thanks for the Kext links, I'll be sure to use them.

I do have a question about the system profile. In a random hackintosh youtube video, it was suggested to simply go for the Pro definition..the reason was that 'it just works better'.

Now down the road, I plan on installing a new video card (unsure which one at the moment, just that I can just plugin with minimal work and LESS NOISE), would have to change anything configuration wise?

Here's a small update to my build:

1. Used UniBeast to build Lion Boot Drive on my USB HDD
2. Boot from USB, installed Lion.
3. Booted hard drive with Lion install, with Unibeast USB
4. Executed MuliBeast (DSDT and other stuff)
5. Restarted.....
6. System halted after BIOS....restarted again.....Lion booted off of hard drive!

@sonicseamus - thanks for the extra info, ie audio kept. I had tried a different one a couple of months back, but it didn't work so I will give the one posted a try, especially since I want to use hdmi soon.

@saviour_c - It is working then? I have read some people's posts where they needed an extra reboot. When you do get a graphics card, search the forums and see how easy/troublesome it was to install the particular model. My 6850 worked right away. My 6670, no good (worked only with graphics enabler=no).

mykuls said:
@saviour_c - It is working then? I have read some people's posts where they needed an extra reboot. When you do get a graphics card, search the forums and see how easy/troublesome it was to install the particular model. My 6850 worked right away. My 6670, no good (worked only with graphics enabler=no).

Yes, it's working and EVERYTHING is working, even the App Store (although I should make a download after updating to 10.7.3 just to test). But I can't believe how it just worked after install.

In my old hackintosh, I used an Asus NVIDIA Asus 8400GS 512MB and after every update, I had to re-add it's EFI string to my boot file. Actually, the EFI was combined with my network card string because I couldn't access the App Store. But when the time comes for the new video card, I want a card that will just work after every update, no cutting and pasting.

- i5-2500K
- GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
- 16 GB 1600Mhz Ram
- HD 3000 graphic

So what's the word on 10.7.4? We need to wait because of this CPU issue?

Saviour do you get artifacts with the HD3000? I've been having a lot of problems with this lately and was wondering if you had any advice. I have 8gb of ram unlike your 16, don't know if this affects it.

sonicseamus said:
Saviour do you get artifacts with the HD3000? I've been having a lot of problems with this lately and was wondering if you had any advice. I have 8gb of ram unlike your 16, don't know if this affects it.

@sonicseamus - I had minimized a window and an artifact was left behind in the middle of the screen. I had maximized and minimized the same window and the artifact had gone away. Haven't seen it again but I'll definitely post about it. Sorry dude!

mykuls said:
@saviour_c - ..My 6850 worked right away. My 6670, no good (worked only with graphics enabler=no).

@mykuls - One more thing, about your video card; is it quiet? I have a mATX case and I want it to be as quiet as possible.

saviour_c said:
@mykuls - One more thing, about your video card; is it quiet? I have a mATX case and I want it to be as quiet as possible.

I think it is pretty quiet. I also have it in a mAtx case and it just sounds like any other computer. You hear the CPU fan throttling more than the gpu. When it was part of a pc build it was louder/ran @ higher rpm, but that was in an hype case in a tvstand. I I matinee there are quieter ones. Check htpc builds.

Okay, not all is perfect. My speakers POP once in a while. Any suggestions?

Sal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back