Contribute
Register

SUCCESS : i3 2100 ,ga-h67m-d2-b3 (rev 1.0) ,hd 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is slightly off-topic, but within the same family of motherboards.

I have a CustoMac Build #2, Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 and I continued on straight past 10.6.8 and onto Lion and the 10.7.1 update. I have nearly everything working except for the ethernet adapter Realtek 8111E (funny how useless a computer is without networking). I have tried the built-in drivers, lnx2mac, and the official realtek drivers. Built-in and official realtek work long enough for my machine to gather a DHCP address and ping around for a minute or so, albeit with odd problems like 1000ms latency, but then regress into failure mode, not resolving any arp requests and just plain not working. The lnx2mac drivers spit out an unknown hardware id message in the system log and does not load.

hacman I saw that you have a link to that Lion youtube video. Does this mean that you've managed to get lnx2mac working on this mobo in Lion? Has anyone else had success with CustoMac builds, Lion, and the built-in ethernet?

@ muppethouse open system preferences \network , create new then apply that's it :thumbup:

Thanks hacman, but system profiler tells me that my system does not appear to have any ethernet controllers and trying to add one in the Network System Preferences does not give me an option for Ethernet. The syslog spews something about an unknown hardware ID when trying to load the lnx2mac driver, so the driver load fails.

@muk546, thanks for the tip. im using dsdt auto-patcher for my dsdt.

muppethouse said:
This is slightly off-topic, but within the same family of motherboards.

I have a CustoMac Build #2, Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 and I continued on straight past 10.6.8 and onto Lion and the 10.7.1 update. I have nearly everything working except for the ethernet adapter Realtek 8111E (funny how useless a computer is without networking). I have tried the built-in drivers, lnx2mac, and the official realtek drivers. Built-in and official realtek work long enough for my machine to gather a DHCP address and ping around for a minute or so, albeit with odd problems like 1000ms latency, but then regress into failure mode, not resolving any arp requests and just plain not working. The lnx2mac drivers spit out an unknown hardware id message in the system log and does not load.

hacman I saw that you have a link to that Lion youtube video. Does this mean that you've managed to get lnx2mac working on this mobo in Lion? Has anyone else had success with CustoMac builds, Lion, and the built-in ethernet?

I have had a successful build with the same processor, mobo (alas mine is 1.1, maybe you need to update the firmware for your 1.0 version mobo and choose the dsdt accordingly? Idk, just trying to help :)!) and an ati HD radeon card (mine is 6670). The ethernet driver I chose was the gigabit ethernet 2.0.6 in multibeast, hopefully this helps you. Anyhow, feel free to pm me if need me to check anything on my system! (which I will post on the forum too to help other ppl, but as I don't really check the forums if you ask for anything over here chances are I am maybe not reading it!)

Will I need to edit any kext for Radeon HD 5770?

Audio was working (ga-h67m-d2-b3 ver 1.0, f4) until multi beast 4.0.2 did away with extra/extensions, now i put gigabyte kext in system/library/extensions and no go even with hdaenabler kext and applehda rollback kext.

Looks good!

I am going to try the same method as you with a GA-H55N-USB3 and HD5770, will let you know how I get on.

Does audio work through SPDIF or HDMI?

Thanks again for your guide!

Hey guys im new for this forum.. Please help me and tell me will this config work with out additional any graphics card..?? i mean only i3 2100 ,ga-h67m-d2-b3 (rev 1.0) only on board graphic card (HD 2000 with i3 2100)..

my use for this machine for development purpose.. running xcode, iOS , android and other software SDKs and IDEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back