Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] HP Z600 High Sierra Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been running 10.13.6 on my Z600, but would love to know how any1 has gotten 10.14 to stick. I, too, have an RX580. Thanks!

I don't know if anyone still looks at this post but currently I am in the process of installing 10.13 onto my own Z600.

I've been having a few issues completing and getting the system fully up and running. Sorry but these will be listed and if anyone can help I would be so greatful.

1, macOS (The drive I would like to install OS onto) disappears on occasions during start ups and at the points before changing the APFS to false task.
I had to restart, tweak settings and on some occasions unplug drive and place in another system to repair drive just so the Z600 could see it during setups.

2, For some reason I'm unable to do the unibeast option as when using application on my MacBook it couldn't see a usable drive.
So the only option I could do was the Cover option.

3, The Clover Version I use is a newer version (Clover_v2.4k_r4920) and doesn't quite look like the one shown in the example. Is Clover meant to download Kext files (Basic Drivers) that it believes it requires or should I de-select the option?

Update: I did both options and the same results.

4, I got to a point where it gets to main screen, looks awesome, little delays (Perhaps due to the drivers missing). Here I can shutdown and restart but with the Bootloader Drive still part of the system but I'm choosing macOS as my startup.

It's after I use Clover to create the EFI-folder, copy the Config file, add all the Kext files to (10.13 and Other) then do the reboot the problem appears.

I'm following the Tutorial step by step...

Unplug the Bootloader Drive (Not wiped as I may use it again) move the SSD (Yes APFS footnote 1 was followed too) into the first drive bay in the case and started the computer back up.

The computer starts up then comes to this weird Bios Screen (See Picture) can't continue as it just goes into a loop forever and would have to shutdown computer.
View attachment 408701
I have done reinstalls and on one time I went through the Bootloader to see if the drive was having an issue and it had disappeared from the Clover Menu with only a recover drive which was no help at all.

5, I know another issue, I tried getting rid of the Apple.HPET file incase that was an issue but this was before adding all the kext files to see if I could have USB working while not fully complete.
Results: Nothing!
These PS2 adapters are great investments.

I know this is a lot to take in and I bet the original poster doesn't have his system anymore but I just want to see this Z600 purr and work with me.

If anyone can help that would be fantastic!

I do still have a z600 running and functions flawlessly with 96GB ram!

On step 4 what options are you choosing to create the boot loader using clover. Post a screen shot.

Also, the EFi looks like it can’t be found that’s why you’re seeing that BIOS-y type interrupt.

“Unplug the Bootloader Drive (Not wiped as I may use it again) move the SSD (Yes APFS footnote 1 was followed too) into the first drive bay in the case” why are you moving the drive you just installed to? Leave it in the bay it’s in.

Been running 10.13.6 on my Z600, but would love to know how any1 has gotten 10.14 to stick. I, too, have an RX580. Thanks!

Will be upgrading to Mojave soon as I have some time.

Cheers d4vinder, thanks for the straightforward guide! My first Hackintosh is up and running! Installed 10.13.6 17G5019 using your method (plus the Clover config changes / serial number generation to get iMessages, App Store, etc working) on my Z600 C2 with BIOS v3.61.

Only minor issue I personally had was needing to delete and remake the EFI partition on my target install SSD (apparently the EFI partition made by Windows is smaller than the one made by Mac, and the installer would throw an error about the target drive not having enough space).

Hey there I'm going to be giving this a go again and have literally the exact same build as you; same CPU's, graphics card, mobo revision, and BIOS. Would love to use you as a resource if/when i run into any snags. How did you go about remaking the EFI partition on your target install SSD? Does this mean that you just had to reformat it using a mac and a usb to sata adapter? Also, what do your BIOS settings looks like, as 3.61 has some minor differences from 3.60? Lastly, did you use the Unibeast or Clover method? Please and thank you!

Also, I am going to be setting my system up to dual boot system with windows for gaming and mac for music production. I currently have my system booting straight into a clover usb to direct it to my nvme pcie windows drive, and am thinking it should just be as simple as booting into this same usb and selecting either my mac or windows drives from there. If anyone sees any issue with this please let me know so i can potentially save myself some headache lol. Thanks!

I am having trouble getting Unibeast to recognize my 500gb HDD I am using when attempting to make the bootloader drive. I am getting the error "No Disk Available to install on. Unibeast requires a HFS-partitioned removable disk with at least 7GB free." I have reformatted the disk multiple times as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with all 3 schemes (GUID, master boot record, and Apple partition map) and get the same error regardless. Any guidance would be very helpful!!

"No Disk Available to install on. Unibeast requires a HFS-partitioned removable disk with at least 7GB free."
Looks like it is your USB flash drive that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back