Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] HP Z600 High Sierra Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally love another guide for Mojave, but in the meantime I am having many issues following this guide. Should be mentioned that I am a complete n00b but here goes:

I am using an external 2.5 HDD to usb enclosure instead of the JMicron adapter. I am wondering if this is causing some of my issues.
The installer HD i am using is 500gb. It is too big for Unibeast to see, so i went with the clover method.

When editing my BIOS, v3.61, the guide states"
Security > Device Security
- Serial port = Hidden
- Internal USB = Hidden
- SAS Controller = Hidden
- Legacy Diskette = Hidden
- Embedded Security = Hidden

My BIOS does not look like this is this section, It is missing an SAS Controller option, and instead has IEEE 1394 controller and Ethernet controller

I have set all of the other settings identical to your guide, but when I do, I get the error "non system disk" and I cannot boot from any drive. The only way I can get my clover disk to boot is when I have IDE selected instead of RAID=AHCI under sata emulation

When i change this to IDE I can boot into clover from the drive on the z600 and BEGIN the osx installation, but am soon met with a black screen with a circle slash symbol. I am thinking that it is a graphics card error, and realized that there is no option in clover configurator for me to include my nvidia drivers. When i download the appropriate NVidia drivers on my mac and try to run the package, it says it cannot on my current OS (mojave). What am i supposed to do with those nvidia drivers to package them into my clover install?

Z600 Rev c2
nvidia quadro k600
2x x5675
48GB 10600 ECC Ram

Please help!
The version will have slight differences and you NEED the JMicron adapter to do this build as specified right at the start of the guide, which you read of course.

Ok it looks like at least one of my problems runs a little deeper than whether or not I am doing this install correctly. I installed windows yesterday and I could not get it to install onto any of my hard drives in Raid+AHCI either, could only get it to install in IDE mode. I am thinking either I need to flash my bios or I am having hard drive compatibility issues. I've read that the z600 might have these issues with non HP branded hard drives. Are your drives the stock HP branded drives?

When you install Windows 10 in IDE mode and then change BIOS to RAID+AHCI makes Windows 10 unbooatable. To fix it, first needs to back to the IDE mode setting in BIOS. After boot W10 normally and using command line in admin mode enter:
bcdedit {current} safeboot

Now restart computer and press F10 to enter BIOS and change mode to RAID+AHCI. Save settings and exit.

Start Windows 10 in safe mode. Open comand line in admin mode and enter:
bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot

Now restart Windows and the AHCI will be installed. Maybe need to restart to apply changes.

Hei. Can anyone help me which LAN card will work under OS X with 2/4 ports?

Can i install and use HP NC364t?

and which USB 3.0/3.1 card on PCIe i can use with OS X support?

I want to install 4 port LAN and USB 3.0/3.1 to my Z600 and use it under OS X

This Usb 3.1 card works at full speed on my High Sierra and the Ipad can be charged using usb-C port with a lightning port adapter. This card can be installed in any pci express (4x,16x) express slot avalaible in the Z600.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181228-200732.png
    Screenshot_20181228-200732.png
    551.7 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
This Usb 3.1 card works at full speed on my High Sierra and the Ipad can be charged using usb-C port with a lightning port adapter. This card can be installed in any pci express (4x,16x) express slot avalaible in the Z600.
Price is overkiller, USB 3 cards are under 20$

Hi All,

I am suffering from an issue during a clean installation, can anyone help?
These are the steps I did to my old Z600

1 - Create and config a installation HDD with UniBeast and clover configurator in my iMac
2 - Plug the installation HDD to Z600
3 - Clover boot select "Boot Mac OS X from HDD"
4 - Edit the minstallconfig.xml in terminal to prevent APFS conversion, Restart
5 - Installer started, select the SSD which has been formatted to OSX Journaled
4 - Installer started to copy the files to the SSD
5 - After a few seconds, system reboot
6 - Clover boot select "Boot Mac OS X from SSD"
7 - Then an error screen shows "an error occurred while loading the installer resources" (as below)

Thanks

Attachments

• macOS update error.JPG
    macOS update error.JPG
    570.5 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back