Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] HP Z600 High Sierra Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay SUCCESS! followed the instructions to the T and it appears to have installed pretty perfectly! However, I am having trouble getting it to detect my second monitor. I am using a gtx 1060. Any advice?

So I cannot effectively use the Nvidia web drivers. I have updated to the latest High Sierra and downloaded the latest Nvidia web drivers, The install goes smoothly, but when the computer restarts it resets it back to Default macOS graphics driver every time, even after manually going in and changing it back. How do I successfully install and use Nvidia Web drivers?

Edit: Please disregard i figured it out. Just needed to delete nv disable=1 and add <key>NvidiaWeb</key> <true/> to my config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Hey, I have installed 10.14.5 Mojave on this machine (HP Z600, 2x X5650, FL1100 USB 3.0, RX480). High Sierra and subsequent Mojave installs always felt kind of sloppy, and a little bit laggy, I put this down to the age of the machine however I have since discovered that incomplete CPU power management is to blame, I have inserted the correct PCI-ID's into AppleLCP.Kext, Uninstalled NullCPU and used clover to inject the C/P States, now the computer is extremely responsive and cool, using HWmonitor I can see the system is throttling down to an x12 multiplier when not in use and turboing to X22, with the CPU's hovering around 32C when browsing or idle.
I have attached a file of my EFI drive and my Library/Extensions Folder.
Also, AppleLPC has to be installed in S/L/E.

Important!! Do not use my files if you have removed the AppleHPET.Kext as the Power management drivers require it to work properly otherwise the system will reboot every three minutes, I just use an FL1100 based card for all my USB needs and it works OOTB, I have included my HPET Kext in case you need it.

Attachments

• EFI Drive.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 261
  • Library - Extensions.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 231
  • AppleLPC.kext.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 230
  • AppleHPET.kext.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Anybody know how to properly edit the plist config file to automatically skip past the clover boot screen? I've tried the usual route without success. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I stand corrected. Upon the initial install you are required to deleted the AppleHPET.kext driver to allow the Bluetooth functionality to work!

So, yes you do require a PS2 keyboard and mouse for build purposes.

Additionally, when I upgraded to the later .updates by apple, the AppleHPET.kext re-appeared.

Now we can script the OS so whenever it sees that file in the directory it deletes it, but if you upgraded like I did, then was greeted without any input devices to login as a result, you will hold your head in your hands for sure.

My only saving grace as I didn’t have PS2 devices to hand was that screen sharing was already set up on this build. I remotely connected to machine and deleted the AppleHPET.kext thus gaining access back to my hackintosh.
View attachment 389199

hi i follow your guide,but my PS2 mouse doesn't work,i just buy the ps2 mouse with 20¥,god!
can u help me,thank u so much

Hey guys, I have a Z600 running OSX 10.13.1, do you think I can update straight forward to 10.13.6 from the App Store ?

Hello.
I am probably not doing something right.
I do not have a lot of experience and some of the steps are confusing for me.
I was wondering if I could get some kind of direction of what I am doing wrong or what do I have to do.
I am trying for few weeks to install Mac OS in a Z800 (it should be similar to z600 from my understanding)

Here are my specs:

HP Z800 (FF825AV)
40Gb RAM
System BIOS 786G5 v03.61 (this is the only one I could get that is current)
2 x Intel X5650 2.67
I have a 1T SSD drive on a PCI card running Windows 10 PRO that I took off during installation.
Mac flashed nVidia GTX 680 CLASSIFIED
BIOS:
Storage / Storage options:
Removable Media Boot: Enable
Legacy Diskette Write: Ebabke
SATA Emulation: RAID+AHCI
Storage / Boot Order:
USB Drive
Optical Drive
Security / Device Security:
everything available except:
Serial port
Internal USB Ports
SAS Controller
Legacy Diskette
Embedded Security Device
Security / Network Service Boot:
Enable
Security / System Security:
Data Execution Prevention: Enable
Virtualization Technology (VTx): Disable
Virtualization Technology (VT-d2): Disable
AES Instructions: Enable
Power / OS Power Management:
Runtime Power Management: Enable
MWAIT-Aware OS: Enable
Idle Power Savings: Extended
ACPI S3 Hard Disk Reset: Disable
ACPI S3 PS2 Mouse Wake Up: Enable
USB Wake on Device Insertion: Disable
Unique Sleep State Blink Rates: Disable
Power / Hardware Power Management:
SATA Power Management: Enable
Intel Turbo Boost Technology: Enable
EUP Power Management: Enable
Advanced / Processors:
Hyper-Threading: Enable
Active Cores; All Cores
Limit CPUID Maximum Value to 3: Disable
Advanced / Chipset/Memory:
All Disable
Advanced / Device Options:
Num Lock State at Power-On: OFF
S5 Wake on LAN: Enable
Multi-Processor: Enable
Internal Speaker: Disable
Monitor Tracking: Disable
NIC PXE Option ROM Download: Disable
SATA RAID Option ROM Download: Enable

So I have a 2TB SSD that I connected to my MacPro 5.1 running High Sierra with a SATA to USB adapter.
I erase the drive Install macOS High Sierra /Mac OS Extended (Journaled) / GUID Partition Map
Trying Unibeast High Sierra I get the message: No disk to install on.
Running the terminal with the command.
I'm running Clover_r5124 / change install location customize as described above.
When I hit install after entering my password, I get this message;

This package is incompatible with this version of macOS and may fail to install.

Installing this package may damage your system, and the installation may fail. To stop the program and the installation, click “Cancel Installation”.

I click "Install Anyway"
Copy the kexts into the 2 files in the Install macOS High Sierra /EFI/Clover/kexts
Open Clover Configurator ... nothing happens ... go to file/open ... nothing, I don't see anything on the screen. Check the desktops again ... nothing!
Redownload the app, just in case ...
I can see the .plst files but nothing pops up.
Can I get some help with this app please?
Trying to boot from the SSD I only get a black screen and "6"

I would greatly appreciate your support and thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Image_1 2020-10-20_00-47-52.jpeg
    Image_1 2020-10-20_00-47-52.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 73
  • Image_2 2020-10-20_00-47-52.jpeg
    Image_2 2020-10-20_00-47-52.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 73
  • Image_3 2020-10-20_00-47-52.jpeg
    Image_3 2020-10-20_00-47-52.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 72
  • Image_4 2020-10-20_00-47-52.jpeg
    Image_4 2020-10-20_00-47-52.jpeg