Contribute
Register

[Success] HP Probook 6560b macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
that efi update is basically a bios update for macbooks IIRC so just leave it some newer pcs also have OTA bios updates (surface pro for example)

Quick update and great news, I`ve made a clean install and transferred the EFI folder after complete, done all the updates by App Store and the EFI Update is no longer looping.

Should we revive this thread? Please, I am going to dual-boot Windows with OSX on my HP Probook 6560b laptop.
What do I need to get started? I need your best advice and latest files. Thanks a lot. I will also document everything.

Should we revive this thread? Please, I am going to dual-boot Windows with OSX on my HP Probook 6560b laptop.
What do I need to get started? I need your best advice and latest files. Thanks a lot. I will also document everything.
guide is here:

Thanks! That was fast! Will check every details of this.

Thanks! That was fast! Will check every details of this.
it is quite in-depth, but all the hard work has been already done for you. you just need to follow as is

it is quite in-depth, but all the hard work has been already done for you. you just need to follow as is
I just thought that there is a newest way or sort of an updated guide or something. I will just download everything first and we'll see.

It's quite tricky than the installation I made before with my Asus K43SJ.

I have Hp ProBook 6450b Intel HD Graphics but I have error system uptime in nanoseconds 61843150431, please help me

Oh, wow. I never realised people were still commenting here. I've literally just logged into my account after some time and I wasn't getting email notifications. :( - time to check my account settings.

So, I just want to be clear on a couple of things about this thread:

1): This guide is only for the HP Probook 6560B. Other laptops that are the same such as the 6460B should work, but I've never tested it myself since I don't own that particular laptop.

2): I've learnt a lot the last few years about hackintoshes, and even computers in general, like how the hardware talks to the hardware etc. Anyway, to the point:

You 'can' use this guide for your 6560B's (or 6460B's) but I do not recommend using my DSDT. Why? At the time, I was not aware that you were not supposed to use a DSDT from another system on your own because of the differences in every single computer, even if they are the exact same model. This explains why some of you were having issues while I was not.

So what I would recommend you do is use my EFI but delete my DSDT.aml because it is not compatible with any other 6560B other than mine. You will have to patch your own. I do not even mind if you uploaded yours here and I can take a look. But do not take my word for it.

BUT! Before resorting to using my guide, use RehabMan's amazing guide here. You will probably have better luck with that since it is a lot more in depth.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and sorry if I was not able to reply to you all. I guess that is what happens when you don't get email notifications! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back