Contribute
Register

[Success] - HP Pavilion 15-AC636TX - Mojave (i7 6500U)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8136 / 15-ac636tx
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
HD 520
Recently I built a desktop PC, so yesterday I tried to port Mojave to my old HP laptop 15-AC636TX, and succeeded today.

Here is some information you may need.

Hardware:

Model: HP Pavilion 15-AC636TX
CPU: Intel i7-6500U (Skylake)
RAM: DDR3L 4GB*2
IGPU: HD Graphics 520
DGPU: AMD R5 M330 (Disabled)
Disk: Kingston FuryX SSD 120GB
Audio: Realtek ALC255
LAN: RTL810X 100Mbps
WLAN: RTL8723BE with BT (Not supported)

Boot using Clover
Display 1920*1080 OK (kext post-installed / change brightness in Preference > Display)
Graphics OK (However screen flickers when wake from sleep)
USB 2.0 & 3.0 OK
Audio OK (kext post-installed / keyboard control supported)
LAN OK
WLAN & BT not supported

--- Update ---
Typo "15-AB216TX"

Last edited:
Recently I built a desktop PC, so yesterday I tried to port Mojave to my old HP laptop 15-AB216TX, and succeeded today.

Here is some information you may need.

Hardware:

Model: HP Pavilion 15-AC636TX
CPU: Intel i7-6500U (Skylake)
RAM: DDR3L 4GB*2
IGPU: HD Graphics 520
DGPU: AMD R5 M330 (Disabled)
Disk: Kingston FuryX SSD 120GB
Audio: Realtek ALC255
LAN: RTL810X 100Mbps
WLAN: RTL8723BE with BT (Not supported)

View attachment 399563

Boot using Clover
Display 1920*1080 OK (kext post-installed / change brightness in Preference > Display)
Graphics OK (However screen flickers when wake from sleep)
USB 2.0 & 3.0 OK
Audio OK (kext post-installed / keyboard control supported)
LAN OK
WLAN & BT not supported
Hi, I have similar laptop features, you can tell me what ketxt you have and how you have the config.plist ... I can not get the graphics beyond 7mb,
thanks

Hi, I have similar laptop features, you can tell me what ketxt you have and how you have the config.plist ... I can not get the graphics beyond 7mb,
thanks

He's using SMBIOS model 13,1

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 180
I have tried several config.plist but I can not recognize hd520, you could share your config.plist, I have this ....
Here are my config.list, which is bigger in size. You may try it. The screenshot shows kexts installed.

P.S.: I tried to install IntelGraphicsFixup.kext but it doesn't work. So you may try replacing it with AppleBacklightFixup.kext first, then move to the config.plist if it doesn't work. (ref: [Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext by RehabMan)

kext.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    15 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Here are my config.list, which is bigger in size. You may try it. The screenshot shows kexts installed.

P.S.: I tried to install IntelGraphicsFixup.kext but it doesn't work. So you may try replacing it with AppleBacklightFixup.kext first, then move to the config.plist if it doesn't work. (ref: [Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext by RehabMan)

View attachment 405356
AppleBacklightFixup.kext and intelgraphicsFixup is deprecated, use WhateverGreen latest version

AppleBacklightFixup.kext and intelgraphicsFixup is deprecated, use WhateverGreen latest version
Thank you! WhateverGreen works well on my laptop, by the way.

View attachment 405356
Hello again, thanks for sharing the config, the truth is that I do not know what I have wrong, I have been testing several options and there is no way to achieve graphical acceleration, it may be because in my hp I can not configure the BIOS in 64 the dvmt .
regards

Hi good job send me EFI please thank in adavnce my pc is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back