4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is a guide for the HP Notebook 17-x105tx laptop running High Sierra 10.13.6.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 8.37.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 12.17.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 12.06.31 PM.png

COMPONENTS & SPEC

• HP Notebook 17-x105tx
  • 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM (2x8GB)
  • Intel H170 Chipset (Kaby Lake R Mobile)
  • Intel UD620 Internal Graphics
  • Intel Core i7 7500U 7th gen CPU (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
  • AMD R7 M440 Graphics w/ 4GB dedicated RAM
  • Sandisk 256GB SSD (internal used for Windows)
  • Hitachi 1TB 2.5" External HD (used for HS install)​
Other tools needed

• 16GB USB Key (for Unibeast & Clover installation)
  • Spare Hackintosh/Mac (for editing if necessary)
  • USB 3.0 external slot drive (for copying/editing files and data)
  • Superduper or Carbon Copy Cloner (for cloning drives)
  • Windows 10 installation on spare SSD/HD or NVMe drive
  • Keyboard/mouse in case PS2 controller does not work
  • Hackintool
  • Clover r4813
  • Kexts from github/rehabman, github.com/acidanthera and github.com/copynewt

What works

NVME detection and boot-up
AMD & Intel GPU detection
VDA Hardware acceleration (on Intel)
Internal audio
USB 3.1, 3.0 & 2.0 (hot-plugging and eject on USB 3.1 works)
Full sound with volume adjustment
Full screen 1080P
Video playback
Ethernet (via Apple USB dongle)
Trackpad movement

What doesn't

Bluetooth (can be enabled with Intel Bluetooth kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts)
Trackpad buttons
Internal ethernet socket

Not tested

HDMI output

1) What you need to do first of all is make sure you are running on or at least updated to near-latest 10.13.6 (17G14033) - you can check your sub-version by clicking the Apple icon to bring up the Overview page and then click on the 10.13.6 text just underneath the macOS High Sierra picture (which will then secretly display the number). On the current HS public download install you will start with 17G66. You will need to log onto the App Store page and download High Sierra updates. If you fail to find it on the App Store, go online and google it for the App Store link, which will then connect you to the right page.

2) Second you need to get the most near recent version of Clover that is after r4658 which has better FakeCPUID and ig-platform-id cross functionality. Anything earlier can also work, but may be more difficult to diagnose or set up. You will need to use these boot arguments:

dart=0
darkwake=no
slide=0
kext-dev-mode=1

3) Clover Configurator (version 4.9.0.1) and a secondary macOS system/hackintosh to do editing with. If it helps, put your install onto an external SSD drive in a USB enclosure in case you need to make adjustments with another computer.

4) A copy of Clover r4813 and Hackinttool 3.4.9. These are absolutely vital for the changes we wanna make.

5) You need to have the correct BIOS settings - or at least High Sierra-specific and compatible BIOS tweaks. ie. VT-x and VT-d on, Fast Boot disabled, AHCI on, XHCI-Handoff enabled, Secure Boot disabled, CSM off etc.

6) USB stick with Clover installed. To create the USB installer stick I just downloaded the latest version of HS from the App Store, formatted it as macOS Journaled, GUID partition with the name 'MyVolume' and used the following command in Terminal to format it:

Once formatted, I ran the Clover r4813 installer on my spare Hackintosh/Mac to run install the Clover boot loader onto the USB stick.

For the purposes of this guide I will be using a standard 2.5" hard drive to install High Sierra via my laptop's SATA slot. Reason being is, I like to use HFS+ format - traditional drives detected in High Sierra will not format to APFS.

7) With Clover installed, you need the following kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 (google for these online, mostly from Github repositories):

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext
AppleALC.kext (must)
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext (must)
HibernationFixup.kext
itlwm.kext - for wireless
Lilu.kext (must)
Sinetek-rtsx.kext (SD card driver)
SMCBatteryManager.kext
USBInjectAll.kext (must)
VoodooGPIO.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext (must)
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

8) Following aml files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched:

SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml
SSDT-X570-Vega56-slot-1.aml

9)EFI drivers in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

With the files downloaded, we should now be able to set our Clover config.list file. Try to use the following settings:

As my laptop is a H170 chipset, I used the following settings:

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.06.25 PM.png

Patches:

change EC0 to EC. 4543305F to 45435F5F
change HECI to IMEI 48454349 to 494D4549
change HDAS to HDEF 48444153 to 48444546
change GFX0 to IGPU 47465830 to 49475055
change PEGP to GFX0 50454750 to 47465830

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.08.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.08.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.08.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.09.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.09.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.10.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.10.22 PM.png

You need something as close to the above settings as possible. Also remember to add in and generate your custom serial numbers and custom UUID serials, plus your board serials and MLB serial (same as board serial); as well as fill in how much exact RAM you are using, including slots of where it is placed on your board ie. slot/bank 0, 1, 2 or 3 or combination of. Save this to your EFI/Clover folder as config.plist once finished - use the EFI Mounter to open and save it to the EFI partition of your USB installer stick. If it is done correctly, your system should boot up using the EFI partition into Clover. In fact the above settings should boot a High Sierra HFS formatted drive if you know how to do it. For use in the USB installer stick, you may have to remove most of the SMBIOS and serial details, leaving only the Mac SMBIOS profile ie. MacBook Pro14,3.

Now if you're able to get this far, you should be able to install and run a working copy of High Sierra by now. But we're not done yet!

Patching the VRAM and CPU

By now your system should be up and ready - and you should be able to have followed the installer, format your boot drive as Macintosh HD/SSD use Clover Configurator or Mount EFI to save a copy of your USB's EFI onto your boot up drive.

You need to make sure you have downloaded all the macOS patches by either using the App Store to download the installer. If you have trouble installing via the App Store installer try this method:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Updates/*

Sudo rm -rf "/macOS Install Data"

sudo softwareupdate --dump-state -i -a
The system will then reboot a few times. Make sure to point the installer to the 'macOS Installer on Macintosh HD' volume to resume installation.

Once that is done, your system should reboot and you will be in 10.13.6 (17G14033).

Running Hackintool

After that go to your Downloads folder and unzip your copy of Hackintool that was downloaded. Right-click and select Open. Hackintool will immediately open and display your system's specs. You will need to go to the menu and change the Framebuffer patch policy to <=10.13.6.

Next we are going to Patch and select the following, making sure the settings match the Intel chip and chipset that we have which is ID as Kaby Lake & 59160000 (for this particular laptop), noting there are other select IDs for Kaby Lake for other variants of the chipset such as desktop:

Then we move onto the VRAM, Framebuffer, Connectors and Patch screens, making sure we set them according to these settings (which should be auto-checked):

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 11.49.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 11.49.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.24.38 PM.png

When it is all done, hit the Generate Patch button and save the file as Config.plist in your Documents folder.

Patching the Boot Disk Config.plist with TextEdit

After we have saved the file to the Documents folder, open it with the standard TextEdit app. Because the new versions of Hackintool VRAM patch will not work well with Clover, we will want to cut and paste a particular section of code generated by Hackintool (not total) and paste it into our boot disk's EFI/Clover/config.plist file.

So mount the boot disk EFI folder and open the Clover config.plist file inside with TextEdit, and place it your left half of your desktop. Open another TextEdit window and open the config.plist from your Documents folder, and place it on your desktop right side. Holding Shift key, copy the whole section (using Alt+C) that starts

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>

and finishes

<string>Intel HD Graphics 620</string>

Paste with (Alt+V) into the Clover.plist into the section just underneath that says:
Code:
<key>Properties</key>
          <dict>

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 11.56.10 AM.png
(above file on left is named as config-3.plist but should be config.plist from Clover)
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.31.35 PM.png

But once that is saved into your EFI folder you can check it by reopening in Clover and checking your Devices > Properties section to see if it works. You should see two PCI devices listed, and when you highlight them your settings will appear for each one. The extra PCI devices you see here are those that have been added manually using the List of PCI Devices (+) button on the bottom such as Host Bridge, Ethernet Controller, Sunrise Point LP Audio Controller and AMD R7 M440 GPU.

So close Clover and reboot. Once it is is rebooted, the fix is done and your system VRAM should show up properly as well as have proper hardware acceleration!

(Update: 25th June 2021)

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 11.24.15 AM B.png

Screenshot-2021-06-29-at-4.23.40-PM-2.png

So I've made a number of updates to the HP build. Aside from improving some aspects of the previous build it is now running on Opencore OC 0.6.6. and is compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.12 to Big Sur 11.1+. I have already tested it working great with High Sierra, Mojave & Catalina.

We now also have:

• DRM decoding
  • Fast Open GL rendering (via IGPU with DGPU offloading)
  • HDMI sound output
  • HVEC encoding
  • Intel Quicksync
  • PS2 keyboard and Synaptics trackpad login issue fixed. Physical mouse buttons, trackpad pointer and tap-to-click also works.
  • VDA decoding
To use, just update the EFI Platform under NVRAM with your current system UUID, ROM value and system serials from old config.plist and place into /EFI partition.

(Update: 7th July 2021)

Okay I have added a new update that should now work with Catalina, Big Sur 11.1 and Monterey.
This update now also includes a brightness keys fix for the build and has been updated to OC 0.6.6.

(Update: 10th July 2022)

So I have updated the last build of my EFI to OC 0.8.1 for Monterey 12.4. Please refer to the 12.4 guide here.
I've managed to make some significant changes to the stability of the build. While the previous build worked well with Big Sur, under Monterey 12.4 it had become unstable and would freeze less than 20 minutes after booting. This issue has now been completely resolved. In addition I've also included a build of the EFI that is Ventura-ready. Please note however that this particular build is not perfect as VoodooI2C, VoodooI2CHID and Realtek SD card support has been removed due to the kexts preventing booting so the trackpad buttons and SD card slot will not work under Ventura.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.7 MB · Views: 428
  • EFI 10.13 10.14 10.15 11 12.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 270
  • EFI 10.15 11 12.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 459
Last edited:
This is a guide for the HP Notebook 17-x105tx laptop running High Sierra 10.13.6.

View attachment 507308

View attachment 507309

COMPONENTS & SPEC

• HP Notebook 17-x105tx
  • 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM (2x8GB)
  • Intel H170 Chipset (Kaby Lake R Mobile)
  • Intel UD620 Internal Graphics
  • Intel Core i7 7500U 7th gen CPU (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
  • AMD R7 M440 Graphics w/ 4GB dedicated RAM
  • Sandisk 256GB SSD (internal used for Windows)
  • Hitachi 1TB 2.5" External HD (used for HS install)​
Other tools needed

• 16GB USB Key (for Unibeast & Clover installation)
  • Spare Hackintosh/Mac (for editing if necessary)
  • USB 3.0 external slot drive (for copying/editing files and data)
  • Superduper or Carbon Copy Cloner (for cloning drives)
  • Windows 10 installation on spare SSD/HD or NVMe drive
  • Keyboard/mouse in case PS2 controller does not work
  • Hackintool
  • Clover r4813
  • Kexts from github/rehabman, github.com/acidanthera and github.com/copynewt

What works

NVME detection and boot-up
AMD & Intel GPU detection
VDA Hardware acceleration (on Intel)
USB 3.1, 3.0 & 2.0 (hot-plugging and eject on USB 3.1 works)
Full sound with volume adjustment
Full screen 1080P
Video playback
Ethernet (via Apple USB dongle)
Trackpad movement

What doesn't

Bluetooth (can be enabled with Intel Bluetooth kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts)
Trackpad buttons
Internal ethernet socket

Not tested

HDMI output

1) What you need to do first of all is make sure you are running on or at least updated to near-latest 10.13.6 (17G14033) - you can check your sub-version by clicking the Apple icon to bring up the Overview page and then click on the 10.13.6 text just underneath the macOS High Sierra picture (which will then secretly display the number). On the current HS public download install you will start with 17G66. You will need to log onto the App Store page and download High Sierra updates. If you fail to find it on the App Store, go online and google it for the App Store link, which will then connect you to the right page.

2) Second you need to get the most near recent version of Clover that is after r4658 which has better FakeCPUID and ig-platform-id cross functionality. Anything earlier can also work, but may be more difficult to diagnose or set up. You will need to use these boot arguments:

dart=0
darkwake=no
slide=0
kext-dev-mode=1

3) Clover Configurator (version 4.9.0.1) and a secondary macOS system/hackintosh to do editing with. If it helps, put your install onto an external SSD drive in a USB enclosure in case you need to make adjustments with another computer.

4) A copy of Clover r4813 and Hackinttool 3.4.9. These are absolutely vital for the changes we wanna make.

5) You need to have the correct BIOS settings - or at least High Sierra-specific and compatible BIOS tweaks. ie. VT-x and VT-d on, Fast Boot disabled, AHCI on, XHCI-Handoff enabled, Secure Boot disabled, CSM off etc.

6) USB stick with Clover installed. To create the USB installer stick I just downloaded the latest version of HS from the App Store, formatted it as macOS Journaled, GUID partition with the name 'MyVolume' and used the following command in Terminal to format it:

Once formatted, I ran the Clover r4813 installer on my spare Hackintosh/Mac to run install the Clover boot loader onto the USB stick.

For the purposes of this guide I will be using a standard 2.5" hard drive to install High Sierra via my laptop's SATA slot. Reason being is, I like to use HFS+ format - traditional drives detected in High Sierra will not format to APFS.

7) With Clover installed, you need the following kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 (google for these online, mostly from Github repositories):

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext
AppleALC.kext (must)
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext (must)
HibernationFixup.kext
itlwm.kext - for wireless
Lilu.kext (must)
Sinetek-rtsx.kext (SD card driver)
SMCBatteryManager.kext
USBInjectAll.kext (must)
VoodooGPIO.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext (must)
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

8) Following aml files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched:

SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml
SSDT-X570-Vega56-slot-1.aml

9)EFI drivers in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

With the files downloaded, we should now be able to set our Clover config.list file. Try to use the following settings:

As my laptop is a H170 chipset, I used the following settings:

View attachment 507325

Patches:

change EC0 to EC. 4543305F to 45435F5F
change HECI to IMEI 48454349 to 494D4549
change HDAS to HDEF 48444153 to 48444546
change GFX0 to IGPU 47465830 to 49475055
change PEGP to GFX0 50454750 to 47465830

View attachment 507326

View attachment 507327
View attachment 507328
View attachment 507329
View attachment 507331
View attachment 507332

View attachment 507333

View attachment 507334

You need something as close to the above settings as possible. Also remember to add in and generate your custom serial numbers and custom UUID serials, plus your board serials and MLB serial (same as board serial); as well as fill in how much exact RAM you are using, including slots of where it is placed on your board ie. slot/bank 0, 1, 2 or 3 or combination of. Save this to your EFI/Clover folder as config.plist once finished - use the EFI Mounter to open and save it to the EFI partition of your USB installer stick. If it is done correctly, your system should boot up using the EFI partition into Clover. In fact the above settings should boot a High Sierra HFS formatted drive if you know how to do it. For use in the USB installer stick, you may have to remove most of the SMBIOS and serial details, leaving only the Mac SMBIOS profile ie. MacBook Pro14,3.

Now if you're able to get this far, you should be able to install and run a working copy of High Sierra by now. But we're not done yet!

Patching the VRAM and CPU

By now your system should be up and ready - and you should be able to have followed the installer, format your boot drive as Macintosh HD/SSD use Clover Configurator or Mount EFI to save a copy of your USB's EFI onto your boot up drive.

You need to make sure you have downloaded all the macOS patches by either using the App Store to download the installer. If you have trouble installing via the App Store installer try this method:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Updates/*

Sudo rm -rf "/macOS Install Data"

sudo softwareupdate --dump-state -i -a
The system will then reboot a few times. Make sure to point the installer to the 'macOS Installer on Macintosh HD' volume to resume installation.

Once that is done, your system should reboot and you will be in 10.13.6 (17G14033).

Running Hackintool

After that go to your Downloads folder and unzip your copy of Hackintool that was downloaded. Right-click and select Open. Hackintool will immediately open and display your system's specs. You will need to go to the menu and change the Framebuffer patch policy to <=10.13.6.

Next we are going to Patch and select the following, making sure the settings match the Intel chip and chipset that we have which is ID as Kaby Lake & 59160000 (for this particular laptop), noting there are other select IDs for Kaby Lake for other variants of the chipset such as desktop:

Then we move onto the VRAM, Framebuffer, Connectors and Patch screens, making sure we set them according to these settings (which should be auto-checked):

View attachment 507335

View attachment 507340
View attachment 507341

When it is all done, hit the Generate Patch button and save the file as Config.plist in your Documents folder.

Patching the Boot Disk Config.plist with TextEdit

After we have saved the file to the Documents folder, open it with the standard TextEdit app. Because the new versions of Hackintool VRAM patch will not work well with Clover, we will want to cut and paste a particular section of code generated by Hackintool (not total) and paste it into our boot disk's EFI/Clover/config.plist file.

So mount the boot disk EFI folder and open the Clover config.plist file inside with TextEdit, and place it your left half of your desktop. Open another TextEdit window and open the config.plist from your Documents folder, and place it on your desktop right side. Holding Shift key, copy the whole section (using Alt+C) that starts

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>

and finishes

<string>Intel HD Graphics 620</string>

Paste with (Alt+V) into the Clover.plist into the section just underneath that says:
Code:
<key>Properties</key>
          <dict>

View attachment 507342(above file on left is named as config-3.plist but should be config.plist from Clover)
View attachment 507343
But once that is saved into your EFI folder you can check it by reopening in Clover and checking your Devices > Properties section to see if it works. You should see two PCI devices listed, and when you highlight them your settings will appear for each one. The extra PCI devices you see here are those that have been added manually using the List of PCI Devices (+) button on the bottom such as Host Bridge, Ethernet Controller, Sunrise Point LP Audio Controller and AMD R7 M440 GPU.

So close Clover and reboot. Once it is is rebooted, the fix is done and your system VRAM should show up properly as well as have proper hardware acceleration!
why does your geekbench score above say iMac18,3?

why does your geekbench score above say iMac18,3?
Ah, I forgot about that. That was a test I'd done on the laptop before I switched it over to Macbook14,2 SMBIOS settings when I discovered the GPU was playing up (with the AMD). I was busy testing some settings and sticks I'd used before on my previous hacks before this one, hence iMac18,3.

I'll replace it when I get back to my office tomorrow.

Just wanted to make an update and let everyone know I've made a breakthrough and managed to get a fully working Intel HD 620 + AMD Vega laptop running now! Everything barring the internal Realtek 8136 LAN works. Audio, DRM playback, resolution scaling, VDA decoding and 3D acceleration. These are the latest results:

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 3.56.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 3.56.11 PM.png

286 FPS!

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 3.57.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 6.46.14 PM.png
Videoproc fully working.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 5.22.25 PM.png

PCI devices all enabled

In addition to the boost in graphics speeds the system also posts Geekbench speeds similar to AMD results in Windows. And AMD Vega now posts under RP01.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 3.36.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 3.36.40 PM.png

Here's the latest EFI using OC 0.6.5.

Attachments

• EFI for Tonymac.zip
    34.1 MB · Views: 214
Just wanted to make an update and let everyone know I've made a breakthrough and managed to get a fully working Intel HD 620 + AMD Vega laptop running now! Everything barring the internal Realtek 8136 LAN works. Audio, DRM playback, resolution scaling, VDA decoding and 3D acceleration. These are the latest results:

View attachment 518703
View attachment 518704

286 FPS!

View attachment 518705

View attachment 518706Videoproc fully working.

View attachment 518708

PCI devices all enabled

In addition to the boost in graphics speeds the system also posts Geekbench speeds similar to AMD results in Windows. And AMD Vega now posts under RP01.

View attachment 518707

View attachment 518709

Here's the latest EFI using OC 0.6.5.

What are Metal and OpenCL scores in Geekbench 5? Why do you still use Geekbench 4???

Edit:
Okay. I just ran some of the same benchmarks on my hackbook with i5-8265u IGPU. It doesn't look like the AMD GPU is doing anything.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 12.00.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 11.57.45 PM.png

It broke 1000fps but I couldn't catch in on screenshot...

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 11.54.52 PM.png

Last edited:
What are Metal and OpenCL scores in Geekbench 5? Why do you still use Geekbench 4???

Edit:
Okay. I just ran some of the same benchmarks on my hackbook with i5-8265u IGPU. It doesn't look like the AMD GPU is doing anything.

View attachment 518711

View attachment 518712
It broke 1000fps but I couldn't catch in on screenshot...

View attachment 518713
It is (if going over 1000fps). If you compare your results with GB on Windows using the AMD, it will be the same results because both GPUs are active. It's because of a minor referencing issue the system is not posting as AMD Vega. But the results show it is active.

I posted GB4 as it was merely one of the screenshots I'd had on hand. Here's the GB5 results.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 6.37.52 PM.png

It is (if going over 1000fps). If you compare your results with GB on Windows using the AMD, it will be the same results because both GPUs are active. It's because of a minor referencing issue the system is not posting as AMD Vega. But the results show it is active.

I posted GB4 as it was merely one of the screenshots I'd had on hand. Here's the GB5 results.

View attachment 518714

My hackbook doesn't have a dGPU. It only has the Intel IGPU.

Here are Geekbench 5 Metal and OpenCL scores.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 12.39.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 12.35.59 AM.png

I don't think those scores reflect DGPU usage, in my Hack I have both the UHD630 and a WX-4170 and here are the GB4 Compute.

UHD630 IGPU
Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.02.24 PM.png

WX-4170 DGPU

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 1.57.44 PM.png

You need to switch the compute device:

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.04.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.06.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.06.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.06.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 11.24.15 AM B.png

So I've made a number of updates to the HP build. Aside from improving some aspects of the previous build it is now running on Opencore OC 0.6.6. and is compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.12 to Big Sur 11.1+. I have already tested it working great with High Sierra, Mojave & Catalina.

We now also have:

• DRM decoding
  • Fast Open GL rendering (via IGPU with DGPU offloading)
  • HDMI sound output
  • HVEC encoding
  • Intel Quicksync
  • PS2 keyboard and Synaptics trackpad login issue fixed. Physical mouse buttons, trackpad pointer and tap-to-click also works.
  • VDA decoding
To use, just update the EFI Platform under NVRAM with your current system UUID, ROM value and system serials from old config.plist and place into /EFI partition.

Attachments

• EFI 10.13 10.14 10.15 11 12.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 203
For anyone interested I just found this bug out. If you are planning to upgrade to Big Sur 11.4 on this laptop or plan to try the Monterey public beta, please note that SMCProcessor.kext & it’s associated plug-ins SMCLightSensors, SMCSuperIO etc. will not work.
You will likely need to disable these kexts and replace it with SSDT-PNLF.aml and AppleBacklightFixup.kext from Rehabman’s repo. You will also need a brightness keys SSDT fix such as SSDT-BRKEY.aml or have to modify it from the DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back