Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] HP Notebook 17-x105tx+Intel Core i7-7500U+AMD R7 M260+10.13.6 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot-2021-06-29-at-4.23.40-PM-copy.png

Okay I have added a new update that should now work with Catalina, Big Sur 11.1 and Monterey.
This update now also includes a brightness keys fix for the build and has been updated to OC 0.6.6.

Attachments

• EFI 10.15 11 12.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 159
Thanks for posting this. I've used your work as a starting point for my HP Zbook 15u G4. My laptop comes with a AMD W4190M discrete GPU and I'm wondering what all you did to get your card fully working? I'm able to see the graphics card in the system report view and it even says the card is metal capable, but I don't have any options to use the card when running GLView, only the Intel HD 630. HW accel for the intel chip works fine.

So far, I am using your values for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0) mimicking what you did with your card. I also have your copy of AGPMInjector.kext loaded with my vendor/dev-id in the plist. During boot, the process lags whenever the dgpu is being initialized. I'm starting to wonder if I need to alter any of the framebuffer memory parameters for the dgpu? This is a 2GB card.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 1.48.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 1.48.29 AM.png
    535.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I've used your work as a starting point for my HP Zbook 15u G4. My laptop comes with a AMD W4190M discrete GPU and I'm wondering what all you did to get your card fully working? I'm able to see the graphics card in the system report view and it even says the card is metal capable, but I don't have any options to use the card when running GLView, only the Intel HD 630. HW accel for the intel chip works fine.

So far, I am using your values for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0) mimicking what you did with your card. I also have your copy of AGPMInjector.kext loaded with my vendor/dev-id in the plist. During boot, the process lags whenever the dgpu is being initialized. I'm starting to wonder if I need to alter any of the framebuffer memory parameters for the dgpu? This is a 2GB card.
First of all congrats on your build! I don't see a lot of these out in the field especially using my dual GPU EFI setup.

With regards to the AMD laptop dGPU, that's a lot harder to explain. Technically it is unsupported and is still experimental. But I did some changes at the time what I thought could make it work, hence ended up with this EFI I've built. But its not perfect as it doesn't work beyond High Sierra.

What you could try on yours first is adding some Whatevergreen boot-args, and see what effect if any you get. The most prominent (for Mojave) would be shikigva=128 or shikigva=40 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94. One of these two settings could maybe work to enable acceleration on your AMD card.

As you are on the latest version of OC, I think you could also try adding -wegnoigpu as a boot-arg (to disable the Intel). This I believe is a new feature of the latest Whatevergreen > https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen

As for the framebuffer settings, yes you could try adding those in too and see if it works. Just remember to backup your current EFI build.

First of all congrats on your build! I don't see a lot of these out in the field especially using my dual GPU EFI setup.

With regards to the AMD laptop dGPU, that's a lot harder to explain. Technically it is unsupported and is still experimental. But I did some changes at the time what I thought could make it work, hence ended up with this EFI I've built. But its not perfect as it doesn't work beyond High Sierra.

What you could try on yours first is adding some Whatevergreen boot-args, and see what effect if any you get. The most prominent (for Mojave) would be shikigva=128 or shikigva=40 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94. One of these two settings could maybe work to enable acceleration on your AMD card.

As you are on the latest version of OC, I think you could also try adding -wegnoigpu as a boot-arg (to disable the Intel). This I believe is a new feature of the latest Whatevergreen > https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen

As for the framebuffer settings, yes you could try adding those in too and see if it works. Just remember to backup your current EFI build.
shikigva=128 or shikigva=40 does not enable hardware acceleration

also dual gpu on laptops hacks generally do not work

Just thought to inform you that theroadw now has a guide to enable the on-board AMD W4170X card with hybrid MUX support on his HP Zbook G5 17. It might work for your system > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-zbook-g5-17.266012/page-3#post-2158182

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back