Motherboard
Lenovo t470
CPU
Intel Core i7-6600U
Graphics
Intel 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright, so after following RehabMan's very detailed guide (thanks a lot, man!) I first got my machine to run.

But I experienced an incredibly sluggish machine. Everything was waaaaay slower than when I was running Capitan on it. Here's my GeekBench score on it. 947 on single core, when others with matching machines got around 2700. Alright, I thought I'd try to ditch APFS.

So complete re-install, I used this trick to avoid APFS conversion. Back to GeekBench, this time with this score. Much better, 1901 this time. This was straight after the install, first boot directly from the installation without USB.

Hmmm, I went to work with all of RehabMan's tools. Final score in GeekBench is now 2791.

Amazing! Now my machine feels fast again :)

But still, the other scores I saw on GeekBench with almost the same machine were all 1.80 GHz. Apparently mine is 2.30 GHz. Shouldn't I be able to reach even higher scores???

>>>Edit: Sorry, this should probably not be in guides. Could a moderator move it?<<<

Alright, so after following RehabMan's very detailed guide (thanks a lot, man!) I first got my machine to run.

But I experienced an incredibly sluggish machine. Everything was waaaaay slower than when I was running Capitan on it. Here's my GeekBench score on it. 947 on single core, when others with matching machines got around 2700. Alright, I thought I'd try to ditch APFS.

So complete re-install, I used this trick to avoid APFS conversion. Back to GeekBench, this time with this score. Much better, 1901 this time. This was straight after the install, first boot directly from the installation without USB.

Hmmm, I went to work with all of RehabMan's tools. Final score in GeekBench is now 2791.

Amazing! Now my machine feels fast again :)

But still, the other scores I saw on GeekBench with almost the same machine were all 1.80 GHz. Apparently mine is 2.30 GHz. Shouldn't I be able to reach even higher scores???

>>>Edit: Sorry, this should probably not be in guides. Could a moderator move it?<<<

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ. Before your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back