Contribute
Register

[Success] High Sierra build Radeon RX 560 no drivers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@annatbullow i think xfx branded AMDs require some additional step as they use a custom vbios, in the graphics section of the forum, there's a pinned section for AMD compatibility, someone might help you out there.

Yes, XFX card are not OOB, I returned XFX and took GIGABYTE RX 560 OC 2G graphic card. Gigabyte installation was easy. For now nearly all works, including sleep and HDMI audio. DisplayPort is not working, but now I don't care much, I can do with HDMI and DVI for two monitor setup. Thank you for support.

Are u getting no display were you able to install it high sierra or you have the sleep display and up to what point in installation yp u have that problem

Can I ask you how to enable Radeon RX 560 in High Sierra, I just bought XFX Radeon RX 560 4GB and can't make it work. Thank you.

I have the best solution for you (because I just did this yesterday )

Return the XFX rx 560 and get the GA rx 560

It should work with NO changes to bios or EFI (as they are right now while booting)

I know how to make it work,I bought a XFX Rx 560 too,but it is dual fan. I flash Sapphire rx560's vbios to make it work perfectly. I suggest you flash a vbios(single fan,Memory Support and Memory...same as your rx560).like this https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/192320/sapphire-rx560-4096-170419

You Save my Life!!!
Now working well my XFX 560. Except one thing. But i think this is important thing. Before the High Sierra log in screen my rx560 fan stop spinning. I dont know why?!?
Any Help?
Best regards,
Gabor

If I'm not mistaking fans only turn on when it reaches 55 degrees

If I'm not mistaking fans only turn on when it reaches 55 degrees

Yes! You right! A make bruce x test... when card heating up, the fans start spinning... Thank you!

I wonder if it matters what version of Radeon RX 560 I choose as to if it will just work on a hackintosh. It is hard to get hold of GPU in these mining times! Will any of these work?

Sapphire Pulse RX 560 4G OC
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 4GB Gaming 2.0

I got Radeon rx560 rog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back