Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hardware: [ listed under profile]
I had been running ATI Radeon 7850 on the system with el Capitan 11.6+macOSSierra 12.6 + Windows 10 Pro+UbuntuStudio.
While attempting to install macOS HighSierra I could not log on to the desktop as the video card was hanging . After multiple attempts when I recognized the cause as being the Radeon 7000 Series, I removed it and installed Radeon 5450 in that PCIE X16.

Now everything is working well.
Uploading images of:
  • Config.plist options selected from Clover Boot Manager screen:13 images :
  • System Reports: 6 images:
  • Multiboot Clover Boot Manager Screen 4 images:
I will be happy to help anyone trying High Sierra Beta Installation with above hardware needing any help in any of the stages of installation.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 332
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 340
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 322
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 338
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 316
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 294
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 295
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 270
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 278
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 277
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 260
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 259
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 281
  • 2.System Reports_hardware.png
    2.System Reports_hardware.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 3.System Reports_Audio.png
    3.System Reports_Audio.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 302
  • 4.DVDRW drive.png
    4.DVDRW drive.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 6.System Reports_Graphics:Displays.png
    6.System Reports_Graphics:Displays.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 260
  • 1.Boot screen.png
    1.Boot screen.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 266
  • 2.Boot screen.png
    2.Boot screen.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 240
  • 3.Boot Screen.png
    3.Boot Screen.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
  • 4.Boot Screen.png
    4.Boot Screen.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 274
  • 5.System Reports_Ethernet.png
    5.System Reports_Ethernet.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
I take it this means that High Sierra will run on Z77X (and newer) mobos?
Is there a way to know how far back newer versions of OS X will run on Hackintoshes?

I take it this means that High Sierra will run on Z77X (and newer) mobos?
Is there a way to know how far back newer versions of OS X will run on Hackintoshes?

I don't know if such a generalization can be drawn from this isolated experience with a few boards. I also have a GA-H61-M-HD2 that can support High Sierra Beta and it was an easier build than this one.So is my GA-B150M board which I have not listed in my profile. I have to compile all the images of my build on that and I do that usually a second time after a 'trial build" and then break it down and start all over with Camera shots during the Installation Stages for all relevant Monitor Screens. In general the newer 100 series and 200 Series- Skylake and Kabylakes- seem to be harder to use because they take additional newer steps. I have not tried any Kabylakes because of the price range.

In my experience, Gigabyte MoBos are easier to hack into mac than all other Boards I have used in my builds. Intel has been the least friendly.

Next to GA , I like MSI . AsRock boards often throw a curve ball at you and often need additional tweaks to deal with those. The BIOS menu of Asus is a maize .It is hard to find what you are looking for in Asus as easily as in GA-Boards. I am sure Asus users may have a different take as they are more familiar with that BIOS than other boards.

I don't know of any easier way than finding the hardware of real mac and buying non-mac hardware very close to them in hackintosh build.

I hope these tips might help you to decide.

I hope these tips might help you to decide.

Thanks. I have paid more attention to Gigabyte boards than others but I am running in to some serious concerns that I haven't found reasonable solutions for. Actually I get conflicting answers... I'm looking in to my first build and want to start small (cheap) and convert a current AMD system I have to a hackintosh. I found an old supported Z77X Gigabyte mobo, i7 and ram option from a friend. I work exclusively from a RAID 5 Thunderbolt system and NEED that to work. Secondly, I have read/watched conflicting videos about using the QuickSync option when running Final Cut and whether or not NVIDIA cards are useful in Final Cut.

Thanks. I have paid more attention to Gigabyte boards than others but I am running in to some serious concerns that I haven't found reasonable solutions for. Actually I get conflicting answers... I'm looking in to my first build and want to start small (cheap) and convert a current AMD system I have to a hackintosh. I found an old supported Z77X Gigabyte mobo, i7 and ram option from a friend. I work exclusively from a RAID 5 Thunderbolt system and NEED that to work. Secondly, I have read/watched conflicting videos about using the QuickSync option when running Final Cut and whether or not NVIDIA cards are useful in Final Cut.
convert a current AMD system I have to a hackintosh.
I hope you've alluded to the Graphics. Cannot discuss AMD Chipset in any other context on this Forum -See Forum rules
AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted.

I hope you've alluded to the Graphics. Cannot discuss AMD Chipset in any other context on this Forum -See Forum rules

No, I meant it's an old AMD system that I'm converting to a hackintosh via a change in the Z77X mobo, CPU & ram I wrote that I found. So it's a cheap upgrade. But I can't do any of it if I can't get Thunderbolt working. And figure out about the NVIDIA graphics use in Final Cut.

No, I meant it's an old AMD system that I'm converting to a hackintosh via a change in the Z77X mobo, CPU & ram I wrote that I found. So it's a cheap upgrade. But I can't do any of it if I can't get Thunderbolt working. And figure out about the NVIDIA graphics use in Final Cut.
Thanks for the clarification. Sorry I mistook your statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back