Contribute
Register

[Success] High Sierra-Asus Z270G Strix-i7 7700-Asus GTX 1060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you updated to Mojave yet? I have some h270f boards laying around and have been wanting to update my current build to a newer one since I also work in Premier and do a lot of editing. How is it holding up for you? Are you dealing with 4k or 8k footage?

I updated successfully to Mojave only to realize my Nvidia graphic card has no driver. So I had the painful task of deleting the OS and reinstalling from recovery. There was a slight issue with that to, but after 24hrs I managed to return to High Sierra.

I also updated to Adobe 2019 and that also had it's own issues, but with the latest update it seems to be working well.

I use 4K and 1080 footage, and I always create proxies of the 4K footage. I find it handles it pretty good, much faster than my 2014 MacBook Pro. I don't have any plans on upgrading yet as my system is good enough for what I do.

p.s - I did upgrade my screen to a Ultra Wide Screen - Dell, and it's frigging awesome. Love the workflow.

Intel i219 != WiFi
This is the onboard Cat5 Ethernet device; use IntelMausiEthernet.kext for complete functionality.
The WiFi card you presume to be non-functional is actually the M.2 card/slot at the upper left-hand corner of the motherboard.
I have this exact same motherboard, and whilst the included & installed M.2 WiFi card is supported out of the box by Windows & FreeBSD, it is of course not supported by Apple....for god knows what reason.
I removed this Intel WiFI card on my board and installed a 'compatible' M.2 Broadcom BCM94360CS/CD in this slot instead.
I installed/booted this motherboard with default BIOS settings, and actually with VT-d ENABLED, along with the SerialIO also ENABLED. In fact, I had all BIOS settings set to their most tweaked high performance properties and *NEVER* had any booting issues with either the USB Installer nor the freshly installed OSX. CSM and SecureBoot keys disabled, because A) I don't give a damn about CSM, and B) I'm no fan of those secure boot keys, if although enabled neither of these settings has any effect of FreeBSD (which I mainly run)... Apple is a long way off to catch up with these common industry standards; then again macOS is way behind on nearly everything anyways.

Created a bootable USB 3.0 flash drive, set BIOS settings to what the guide says but it doesn't proceed to the installer (restarts at Apple logo). Please help me!

Created a bootable USB 3.0 flash drive, set BIOS settings to what the guide says but it doesn't proceed to the installer (restarts at Apple logo). Please help me!
try using a USB2.0 flash drive

try using a USB2.0 flash drive
Still no luck :(
That white bar below Apple logo moves up to, like 30% and then the system restarts!
No difference using PS/2 port for keyboard and mice.
Secure boot is disabled (and deleted all keys).
VT-d, CFG-lock and Serial port are all disabled.
There was no XHCI Handoff option on BIOS!
Tried both PEG and iGPU.

Still no luck :(
That white bar below Apple logo moves up to, like 30% and then the system restarts!
No difference using PS/2 port for keyboard and mice.
Secure boot is disabled (and deleted all keys).
VT-d, CFG-lock and Serial port are all disabled.
There was no XHCI Handoff option on BIOS!
Tried both PEG and iGPU.

I had an issue like this and I think it ended up being the display driver. I built this unit over a year so memories a little fuzzy. I'm guessing you already have, but double-checking every step again and you could start in verbose mode and try and screenshot just before it restarts.

I had an issue like this and I think it ended up being the display driver. I built this unit over a year so memories a little fuzzy. I'm guessing you already have, but double-checking every step again and you could start in verbose mode and try and screenshot just before it restarts.
Thanks for your reply, man.
So in verbose mode, I get kernel panic near CPU log messages. Entered various fake CPU IDs for Pentium g4400 and injected nullcpupowermanagement kext. Same. Injected nvidia. Same.
I should try again after a CPU upgrade, then.

Thanks for your reply, man.
So in verbose mode, I get kernel panic near CPU log messages. Entered various fake CPU IDs for Pentium g4400 and injected nullcpupowermanagement kext. Same. Injected nvidia. Same.
I should try again after a CPU upgrade, then.

I'm not 100% sure what your next step is, but at least you can start working out where it's crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back