Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z270G
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Thank you very much
What kexts do you have in the clover folder?
Since I don’t have graphic card right now so I got problem when I using igfx

This is what I got when I use your configuration with my kext

I don't have any kexts in the Clover folder. The ZIP file you have is exactly what's there. If you don't have a graphics card installed and using the mobo HDMI port, then you will run into problems. I tested plugging the monitor into the mobo HDMI port with my graphics card installed, and when I did it, the system failed to boot, which might be the same issues you're dealing with.

Motherboard
Z270G
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
HD630
I don't have any kexts in the clover folder. The ZIP file you have is exactly what's there. If you don't have a graphics card installed and using the mobo HDMI port, then you will run into problems. I tested plugging the monitor into the mobo HDMI port with my graphics card installed, and when I did it, the system failed to boot, which might be the same issues you're dealing with.

Yes, exactly, I use DisplayPort, and it failed to boot. I boot successfully once with flag -disablegfxfirmware but it failed again when I edit my config file with Clover Configurator. May be I should now get a GTX.
BTW, why don't we need FakeSMC to boot?

Motherboard
Asus Strix Z270G
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Yes, exactly, I use DisplayPort, and it failed to boot. I boot successfully once with flag -disablegfxfirmware but it failed again when I edit my config file with Clover Configurator. May be I should now get a GTX.
BTW, why don't we need FakeSMC to boot?
I'm not sure why it's crashing when using the mobo display ports, but it might pay to get a GTX if you plan on using for video production or games. I'm also not sure about the FakeSMC to boot. I just followed the guide in hope it would all work out. :)

Motherboard
Z270G
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
HD630
I'm not sure why it's crashing when using the mobo display ports, but it might pay to get a GTX if you plan on using for video production or games. I'm also not sure about the FakeSMC to boot. I just followed the guide in hope it would all work out. :)

Yes! finally I finish my installation and now using high sierra. Just fix my iMessage now I am so happy. I followed the guidance made by Psyvire about how to enable hd630 but now I still need -disablegfxfirmware to boot. I guess my previous failure was about clover config and clover version. This time I use UniBeast 8.1.1 to generate my installation disk and everything work fine.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-kaby-lake-intel-6xx-graphics-10-12-6.225282/page-17

But for sound card I think your clover doesn't work for me so I just use voodooHDA.kext to fix it.
now my following step is to generate a DSDT file. Wondering if someone already have it.

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8G - GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD
I have exactly the same mobo, with the aerial connected, but the Bluetooth still not working.

Actually I can see it on the USB Device Tree :
1511516116-screen-shot-2017-11-24-at-10-23-33.jpg

But the Bluetooth toolbar doesn't use it :
1511516178-screen-shot-2017-11-24-at-10-23-42.jpg

I think I've broken it when I've tried to fix the Bluetooth issue without the aerial connected.

Maybe I can fix it if you send me your
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext
and
IOBluetoothFamily.kext
inside : /System/Library/Extensions

I remember replacing them with original kext from a real MacBook Pro... Bad idea...

Motherboard
Z270G
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
HD630
I have exactly the same mobo, with the aerial connected, but the bluetooth still not working.

I think I've broken it when I've tried to fix the bluetooth issue without the aerial connected.

and
IOBluetoothFamily.kext

I remember replacing them with original kext from a real Macbook Pro... Bad idea...

Attachments

• IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 110
  • IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext.zip
    66.5 KB · Views: 97
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z270G
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
I have exactly the same mobo, with the aerial connected, but the bluetooth still not working.

I think I've broken it when I've tried to fix the Bluetooth issue without the aerial connected.

and
IOBluetoothFamily.kext

I remember replacing them with original kext from a real MacBook Pro... Bad idea...

Hey there, here are the kext files. My only issue with Bluetooth was not having the aerial connected. Other than that it's worked fine. I did have to completely re-install my system last week after a failed upgrade attempt, but after using the latest UniBeast, I had no issues with Bluetooth, as long as the aerial is plugged in :)

Attachments

• IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 111
  • IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext.zip
    63.8 KB · Views: 92
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got the same build but I can't boot the completed installation. Everything installs successfully but booting after Mulitbeast install results in about three pixels of the boot progress indicator with the apple logo, then reboot. The verbose log indicates it can't find the boot drive.

I have the same nvme drive, APFS file system, and the BIOS is configured to treat the drive as a PCIe device.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.