Contribute
Register

[Success] High Sierra - 10.13.6 GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, i5-4590, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti [Audio and Video fixes] [May 2020 install with older parts]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, go to our macOS Updates forum and pick a later security update for 10.13.6 - so after 9th July 2018. The default on that date was 17G65 (in your case 17G66 which NVidia never built a driver for), so a later one will advance the build number.

Obviously I'd recommend a recent one to match and give you all the Security Updates.

And obviously again - back-up, back-up, back-up before doing anything major. :thumbup:
All good for update and NVidia webdriver installed but it still dose not see the card. Do i still need to run the EFI boot flag eddit or should it just work with the NVRAM?

All good for update and NVidia webdriver installed but it still dose not see the card. Do i still need to run the EFI boot flag eddit or should it just work with the NVRAM?

Yes, you need NVRAM, native or emulated, for the Nvidia web-drivers to work. Also check the boot-flags are correct (you do not want nv_disable=1 for example). :)

Yes, you need NVRAM, native or emulated, for the Nvidia web-drivers to work. Also check the boot-flags are correct (you do not want nv_disable=1 for example). :)
Yeah i have checked the config.plist code matches

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

I have installed the NVRAM with MultiBeast, opened config.plist in clover confiarator and can't see that boot flag.

I'm a bit stumped now, unless im looking for that nv_disable=1 boot flag in the wrong place?

Yeah i have checked the config.plist code matches

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

I have installed the NVRAM with MultiBeast, opened config.plist in clover confiarator and can't see that boot flag.

I'm a bit stumped now, unless im looking for that nv_disable=1 boot flag in the wrong place?
under boot arguments

Thanks I got it working! Now i just need to figure out how to get the 3rd disply port to work.

Thanks I got it working! Now i just need to figure out how to get the 3rd disply port to work.
If anyone knows about the Displayport issues I really appciate it? DVI work so dose HDMI. Just need the DP to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back