GeForce GTX 650 1 GB 2x DVI,HDMI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Gigabyte GA-Z87M-HD3 is compatible with Hackintosh world - namely with Mavericks 10.9.1 !!!

there were some problems with audio codec ACL997 to force it to work,
but eventually everything works fine

Haswell mATX: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-HD3
Intel i5-4440
Gigabyte GTX-650 1 GB
1x8GB RAM
HDD: 1 TB WD Black

with Mavericks 10.9.1

own BIOS Settings for "OS X Config" were created "manually" "from the available "MENU" according to the list :

" 1. To access UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load all "Optimized Defaults"
3. Set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1
4. Set XHCI Mode to Auto not Smart Auto
5. Set XHCI Hand-off to Enabled
6. Set EHCI Hand-off to Enabled
7. Set VT-d to Disabled
8. Set Intel Processor Graphics to Disabled
9. Set SATA Mode Selection to AHCI
10. Set PCIe Slot Configuration Gen3
11. Save and exit. "

the rest is as follows:

"MultiBeast Settings

Post installation is easy, as this board doesn't require a DSDT. Use the following settings:

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC887 Current v100302
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler /sets automatically with above kext/
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application /install even better - update it to version 6.x.x later but... DO NOT USE it/
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432 /although it works without it as well/
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 5,1

You need to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ or the system will Kernel Panic.

Reboot"

I had initially some problems with Audio IN as there was no Microphone plug working,
I reinstalled Multibeast with "Legacy 887" kext /no sound/ and later once again with "current 887" kext /AUDIO OK / Mic - not working/ ,
finally I inserted my external USB Audio card /ASUS XONAR/ and it strted to work with MIC ON/AUDIO OUT
and when I plugged this music card off the initial ALC887 current kext ... started to work properly with Mic IN plug working properly.
Strange thing!

RESULT:

Audio Mic/Out works
Graphics - even with latest CUDA driver works
HDDs - no problems
LAN works
USB 3.0/2.0 works
Microsoft :) mouse works
Microsoft :) keyboard works
NO Kernel Panics !
NO system crashes/NO slow downs unless you try to use HWMonitor app -> use latest iStat as alternative
NO flags/tricks used while booting OS X from boot loader -> "clear" Vanilla installation

Adobe Premiere Pro/ After Effects works with hardware accelleration , thus with Mercury Engine ON without any problems

it took me about 2-3 full days to install it properly with success !

ATTENTION:
thanks to MIKE8060 for his invaluable Post where I found most of the above "quoted" information:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/112755-haswell-matx-ga-z87m-d3h-i7-4770-gtx-650-ti-boost.html

want more screenshots and infos? -> follow the a.m. link

Using the above BIOS / Multibeast settings you can install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 as well
but... I had no luck and AUDIO was not working - I used external USB Audio Card /Asus XONAR/ instead :)

Wishing you LUCK from POLAND with your Hackintosh Builds !

I have a similar setup. Same mobo and processor. I don't have external graphics or audio however. Everything seems to boot up and run ok. I left the intel integrated graphics enabled in the BIOS. The screen looks nice but I am not familiar enough with Mac OS to know how to tell if it is actually working. I do not have audio and still can't figure it out. What about selecting the 1150 in multibeast for audio? I actually want to have a separate audio card with midi but would be nice to get all the onboard stuff working. Any ideas?
Thanks!

I have the same mobo and I don't have audio too. I'm using my m-audio m-track for audio.

edit 1: I got it to work. I used the latest version of MultiBeast for Mountain Lion, selected ALC887/888b, I installed both Legacy and Current. After reboot, it worked!
hi ,

I think that he in his post gave a nice solution for AUDIO,

The only difference was when I Updated to 10.9.2 that I used MultiBeast for Mavericks not for Mountain Lion

I am not able to boot into OS X Mavericks properly. Even during the installation, I had to use a whole bunch of flags to install.

Now that I've installed OSX, I can't boot it. It loads up Chimera, then gets stuck on the swirling logo.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z87M D3H - BIOS F9
Intel Core i3-4340
PNY XLR8 120GB
PNY XLR8 8GB 1600 [2x4GB]

NOTE: I cannot seem to disable VT-d. The option is greyed out. See attached picture.

Attachments

• VT-d.jpg
    VT-d.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 708
Then, VT-d is not enabled for your processor model. Don't worry about it.

How is your system connected to your monitor? Make sure you're not using the VGA motherboard connector as VGA is not natively supported in OS X. Use either the DVI or HDMI connectors.

No one has mentioned this anywhere else. I've been racking my brain for hours/days. I hope that advice helps. I'll try it now.

Hi Tekboi, still having problem?

Hey guys! I got a similar build Haswell mATX: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-HD3
Intel i7-4770
EVGA 740GT 2GB
1x8GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport
SSD: Samsung 840
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1GB

I used this exact setup but I ran into some troubles along the way. The first time I installed Mavericks with no issues whatsoever, went as far as installing Multibeast and it was still going strong. This was a test install, because then I wanted to use my Time Machine to recover my whole other system. Of course it didn't work, it wouldn't boot into Mavericks at all. Then I reinstalled Mavericks again with no problem and got as far as setting up the system after install(choosing username and stuff) but again I wanted to try recovering info from time machine. I then had to cut it short and only did 10% maybe and I shut it down cause I had to leave and couldn't leave it finish. Today I was going to pick up where I left it but the system freezed at the Apple logo while booting, the loading circle hanged every few seconds. So again I wanted to reinstall Mavericks but this time after booting from USB mouse and keyboard were unresponsive, with the cursor staying on the higher left corner when choosing language. After a lot of digging and boot flags I figured out my USB Hub was doing something funny so after I got rid of it everything worked (even if there was nothing patched in it, it was still messing something up). After getting rid of that I went as far as using Multibeast where again I got excited and set it up with your settings except I forgot to erase AppleTyMCDriver.kext so I got a kernel panic when rebooting. I scouted everywhere for a way to delete it via terminal or smth and anyway I tried it said it's read only. Luckily I have my 1TB Bootable Windows and I erased it from there. Rebooting into Mavericks, this time with the Windows HDD also connected Mavericks would freeze about 5 seconds in. Removed the HDD and now it's working.

The only problem I still have is that I get 4 EBios errors at boot which I will sort out later because I'm just too fricking tired. Also my USB 3 Time Machine HDD is only seen when plugged in USB 2 Port. Otherwise keyboard or anything else plugged in USB 3 work. Strange

I am not sure about exact number but it is the latest BIOS available .

=======================================================

I want to add that OS X 10.9.5 with all updates work smoothly on this Hackintosh.

In the meantime I added :

- 8 GB RAM => now it is 16 GB RAM
- switched from double DVI to single HDMI - FULL HD Monitor
- added TUXERA for NTFS drives support
- installed latest CUDA drivers
- etc.

All seems working !

No hangs or freezes noticed .

The only problem after all these changes is : sound kernel does not seem to support HDMI output any longer BUT
I'm almost sure that sound via HDMI was working before all these updates and upgrades.

Probably the latest MultiBeast app with kext reinstallation may solve sound problem
however it's not a problem for me as I use ASUS external USB sound card to get proper sound .... regardless any sound kext issues :)

Have a nice time using Hackintosh with tonymacx86 solutions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back