Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Hackintosh will not boot with iGPU & Vega 64 GPU (running together) with Thunderbolt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@EpicNUFO,

Not sure why you where unable to get the iMac19,2 SMBIOS working .... Might be worth searching the forums for some advice on that. Glad you where able to get the IGPU working with a 'headless' PlatformID and now have IQS working.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,

Got the 19,2 sys def working; I had attributed its failure to something else accidentally. I got an SSDT for USB made and injected, moved to the 19,2 def and injected intel as the coffee lake UHD 630 with IQS good to go. Thanks again for the help!

Got the 19,2 sys def working; I had attributed its failure to something else accidentally. I got an SSDT for USB made and injected, moved to the 19,2 def and injected intel as the coffee lake UHD 630 with IQS good to go. Thanks again for the help!

@EpicNUFO,

Glad you got it sorted .....

Using IQS for H.264 encode/decode is actually faster and higher quality than using a AMD GPU which is why Apple favours it in MacOS, I think even the new Navi GPU's have issues with H.264, HVEC (H.265) on AMD has always been ok though.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@EpicNUFO,

Not sure why you where unable to get the iMac19,2 SMBIOS working .... Might be worth searching the forums for some advice on that. Glad you where able to get the IGPU working with a 'headless' PlatformID and now have IQS working.

Cheers
Jay
@EpicNUFO

I don’t know if you already got this working or not, but most of my breakthroughs occurred when I started with @pastrychef ‘s EFI (along with everything else your already doing).

Here’s where to find it (in his words):
You try the EFI r4.3.2 folder in my Z370 build thread. I know you are on Z270, but ti should work fine for you. Link is below in my signature.
  1. Replace the EFI folder on the EFI partition of your boot drive. (remember to make a backup of your existing EFI folder).
  2. Enable IGPU in BIOS.
  3. Set your Vega 64 to be primary in BIOS.
  4. Do not replace the config.plist in my EFI folder. Just copy your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to the included config.plist.

I think that my EFI r4.4.4 should also work for you but it hasn't been tested with Z270.

If you can’t find it, let me know and one of us will help you find it.

Good luck!

@EpicNUFO

I don’t know if you already got this working or not, but most of my breakthroughs occurred when I started with @pastrychef ‘s EFI (along with everything else your already doing).

Here’s where to find it (in his words):
You try the EFI r4.3.2 folder in my Z370 build thread. I know you are on Z270, but ti should work fine for you. Link is below in my signature.
  1. Replace the EFI folder on the EFI partition of your boot drive. (remember to make a backup of your existing EFI folder).
  2. Enable IGPU in BIOS.
  3. Set your Vega 64 to be primary in BIOS.
  4. Do not replace the config.plist in my EFI folder. Just copy your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to the included config.plist.

I think that my EFI r4.4.4 should also work for you but it hasn't been tested with Z270.

If you can’t find it, let me know and one of us will help you find it.

Good luck!

Thanks Patrick! I did get it sorted, but I appreciate the help regardless!

it booted to a black screen with a tiny dark green box in the middle of the screen.
@pastrychef , Hi Pastrychef,
I have the same problem. I try to install the QNAP QXG-10G1T card and as soon as I start, black screen with green box.
Would you agree to help me? I hope you managed to fix this problem.
Under Windows, the card works perfectly.
I only have one screen connected to hdmi.

@pastrychef , Hi Pastrychef,
I have the same problem. I try to install the QNAP QXG-10G1T card and as soon as I start, black screen with green box.
Would you agree to help me? I hope you managed to fix this problem.
Under Windows, the card works perfectly.
I only have one screen connected to hdmi.

Getting native NVRAM working was what fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back