Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
could you please upload the EFI for a test, and I have tried to install on Dell Precision T5810, and it gives me the error of 'dose printif work?'

How would I do that, and for my own knowledge, why?

Hi guys, I just bought an Optiplex 990 and I'm having the hardest time having it "see" my UEFI USB stick. I created it with Clover, UEFI boot option using the latest version of UniBeast and it won't see it in the BIOS.

Of course I have it set to UEFI mode and ACHI drive mode. No dice. Anything else I could check? My previous system had no trouble booting from the UEFI USB.

@daveydave, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@daveydave, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).

Hi Brebo, I'm not sure what kind of motherboard Dell uses in their Optiplex 990 but I updated what I could. Thanks!

Hi I have the same issue as daveydave above. I cannot boot from the UEFI Unibeast created USB. This will boot on an HP 8300 though and so I know it is the Dell 990 (Small Form Factor, Bios: A20) and not the USB or anything that was done wrong.

Can anyone advise how to get this UEFI booting on the Dell please ?

Hi I have the same issue as daveydave above. I cannot boot from the UEFI Unibeast created USB. This will boot on an HP 8300 though and so I know it is the Dell 990 (Small Form Factor, Bios: A20) and not the USB or anything that was done wrong.

Can anyone advise how to get this UEFI booting on the Dell please ?
I had the same problem. Specifically the computer would say "Selected boot device failed to boot" (putting that here since I kept searching that on google and didn't find the fix). On Optiplex 990, Bios updated to A20.

Also, just like you, my UEFI USB would work on other computers, in my case my HP laptop, but not on the stupid desktop.

SOLUTION: I created the High Sierra using Unibeast 8.1.0 using the LEGACY method (not UEFI). That got me to clover and am installing HS as we speak.

050340F0-951C-46A7-84BA-B3897A70489A.jpeg
Did you install the High Sierra from legacy or UEFI?
I tried both.

Actually I think i jinxed myself. After I wrote that, my install doesn’t want to go past the first reboot. It just says it can’t find osinstall.mpkg

Sigh

I have tried a few things, including updating the fakeSMC to ver 3.50 to no avail

@NAVKUMAR you can just try rebooting it. I noticed this since switching from UEFI boot USB (which didn't work on this PC) to Legacy. Its as if sometimes works but not every time. I managed to get it installed and had it looking OK on-screen (with onboard gfx for now) but on running Multibeast I now have a corrupt screen. More work to do I think.

PS Its working now (Legacy) with ATi HD 5450. I found a post somewhere on this site about how to get this card working by using Clover Configurator and adding a fake-ID. I have the full graphics now in 1080p and it looks nice :)

Last edited:
Things you Need:
You need a Graphics card like the GT220 (i use this card) that supports hackintosh, it does not work with the internal graphics card.
You need a Tonymacx86.com account to download Multibeast and UniBeast
You need a Mac that can download and runs the newest version of OSX, to create a Bootable USB (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/ ) How to create a bootable USB)

Compatible Budget graphic cards:
Nvidia GT220
Nvidia GT240
Nvidia GT420
Nvidia GT430
Nvidia GT440
Nvidia GT610
Nvidia GT630

Bios Settings:

Restore Bios!!!
System Configuration

SATA Mode: AHCI

Performance

Multicore: ALL

Intel SpeedStep: enabled

C-states: checked

TurboBoast: enabled

Virtualization

Intel Virtualization Technology: enabled

VT for Direct I/O: disabled

Trusted Execution: disabled

Installation Guide:

STEP 1. Install OSX High Sierra

All you need to do is boot from the USB drive and install! For best results, insert the USB in a USB 2.0 port.

1. Turn on the computer

2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12)

3. Choose USB

4. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra

5. For a new installation of macOS, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing.

a. Choose Disk Utility

b. Click View and turn on show all Devices

c. Highlight your target drive for the High Sierra installation in left column.

d. Click Erase button

e. For Name: type High Sierra (You can rename it later)

f. For Format: choose APFS (NOT ENCRYPTED!)

g. Click Erase

h. Close Disk Utility

7. When the installer asks you where to install, choose High Sierra

8. Upon completion, the system will automatically restart.

9. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12)

10. Choose USB

11. At the Boot Screen, choose High Sierra

12. Now select the settings you want. Make sure that the Mac DONT send informations to Apple.

12. Complete macOS installation. The system will automatically reboot.

STEP 2: Post Installation with MultiBeast (you need MultiBeast, you can download it on the Website)

MultiBeast is an all-in-one post-installation tool designed to enable boot from hard drive, and install support for Audio, Network, and Graphics. The installation is complete, but the drive isn't bootable yet. Boot from the USB again, this time choosing High Sierra.

1. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12)

2. Choose USB

3. At the Boot Screen, choose your new High Sierra installation.

4. Complete macOS setup

5. Open and run MultiBeast

6. If this is a fresh installation, click Quick Start. Select now Legacy Boot mode.

7. Choose The Audio drivers: (Universal) VoodooHDA v2.8.6

8. There are no Disk drivers we need.

9. At Misc turn on the NullCPUPowerManagement

10. The Network drivers are the AppleIntelE1000e (V3.2.4.2

11. We don’t need USB Drivers.

12. At the point Bootloaders make sure that the Clover Legacy boot mode is on

13. Click Customize.

14. At the Point Graphics Configuration select your graphics card

15. We don’t need SSDT Options

16. At the Point System Definitions make sure that the iMac 14,2 is selected.

17. Click Print or Save to back up your configuration

18. Click Build then Install

19. Now easy install the Voodoo_HDA_2.8.5_MAV-2.pkg Driver (you can download it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vAKlkWHV32eIGADEP0Zp1BefZprodNQb/view?usp=sharing )

20. Unplug ALL USB-Drives from your PC

21. Reboot the System

You now have a version of macOS High Sierra on your Dell Optiplex 990!

if you have Questions you can ask me under this Post!
I have optiplex 790, Chipset Q65 and LGA1155 docket having i5 2400 processor and 16 1300 MHz RAM with GIGABYTE GT 630 1GB DDR3 GPU.

I have prepared bootable macOS High Sierra from Unibeast with legacy option.

Then, boot from the usb and select Install macOS High Sierra from clover boot options. I have got Apple boot logo and it stay a while without any progress bar. Then, it rebooted. Tried again and got the same result.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back