Contribute
Register

[Success] Hackintosh on a Dell Optiplex 3040 SFF Mojave(10.14.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Matsushiro-san,

I have Dell Optiplex 3040 i7 Mini Tower and used your EFI kext etc. But I still cannot proceed to installation. It stucked on "waiting on <dict ID=0>........."

I tried to add more driver into driver-64 but still the same. I don't know what's wrong.

I attached the screenshot.
20191206_213651.jpg

Last edited:
Hi brokenbracelet, I don't know this problem, but maybe some of these tips might help you:

1 - Leave only the Mojave installation hard drive installed, if you have more than one Hard Disk, unplug it;
2 - Try installing Mojave with only 1 with a memory RAM slot, try slot 1 and if you can't, try slot 2.
3 - Try to install Mojave without video card, try using the onboard video of your core i7.

Good luck.

[QUOTE = "pulseira quebrada, post: 2041906, membro: 2216011"]
Olá Matsushiro-san,

Tenho o Dell Optiplex 3040 i7 Mini Tower e usei o EFI kext etc. Mas ainda não consigo prosseguir com a instalação. Ele ficou "esperando em <dict ID = 0> ........."

Eu tentei adicionar mais driver no driver-64, mas ainda o mesmo. Eu não sei o que está errado.

Anexei a captura de tela. View attachment 439013View attachment 439014
[/CITAR]

Hi brokenbracelet, I don't know this problem, but maybe some of these tips might help you:

1 - Leave only the Mojave installation hard drive installed, if you have more than one Hard Disk, unplug it;
2 - Try installing Mojave with only 1 with a memory RAM slot, try slot 1 and if you can't, try slot 2.
3 - Try to install Mojave without video card, try using the onboard video of your core i7.

Good luck.

[QUOTE = "pulseira quebrada, post: 2041906, membro: 2216011"]
Olá Matsushiro-san,

Tenho o Dell Optiplex 3040 i7 Mini Tower e usei o EFI kext etc. Mas ainda não consigo prosseguir com a instalação. Ele ficou "esperando em <dict ID = 0> ........."

Eu tentei adicionar mais driver no driver-64, mas ainda o mesmo. Eu não sei o que está errado.

Anexei a captura de tela. View attachment 439013View attachment 439014
[/CITAR]

Thank you for the reply.

I did all the 3 items in your advise except try RAM on slot 2 but it only proceed a line.
Now it stucked at "afps_module_start:1393 ......"

Thank you very much, I have installed successfully Sierra on my Optiplex 3040 as #41:
- i5 6500,
- 2 x 8G Ram
- Kingston 240G SSD
- HD530

Everything works fine so far.

Hi Matsushiro-san,

I have Dell Optiplex 3040 i7 Mini Tower and used your EFI kext etc. But I still cannot proceed to installation. It stucked on "waiting on <dict ID=0>........."

I tried to add more driver into driver-64 but still the same. I don't know what's wrong.

I attached the screenshot.

Core i7 is not listed in the technical specifications of DELL optiplex 3040MT / SFF / Micro. Does not start on Core i7.

Hi
I solved a problem that was difficult to solve.

The built-in speaker is now working. At the same time the audio jack on the front panel is also working. When I connected headphones to the audio jack while selecting the built-in speakers, I was able to confirm that the speakers were muted and sound was coming out of the headphones.

Hi.
How have you fixed this issue? Did you find out what was causing the problem? I am trying to get audio working on my Optiplex 7040MT which is identical to yours except that I have I7-6700. I have similar audio, network and graphics. I have tried installing Lilu+AppleAlc and tried all different layout Ids. I can't seen my sound hardware in Hackintool, don't know if its normal.
I have even copied your updated EFI and config.plist, after cleaning all my previous kexts and patches. Yet it didn't work.

Its enabled in BIOS.
Its the same motherboard in a bigger chassis but I might be wrong. Anyway, what fixed your sound?

Its enabled in BIOS.
Its the same motherboard in a bigger chassis but I might be wrong. Anyway, what fixed your sound?
All that is described in # 7.

All that is described in # 7.

Never mind. I’ve done a reasonably vanilla install of High Sierra on Optiplex 7040MT. Sound worked like a charm. Reason to install High Sierra was to make sure my nvidia GTX 1060 works. Wouldn’t have been possible with Mojave or Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back