Contribute
Register

[Success] Hackintosh on a Dell Optiplex 3040 SFF Mojave(10.14.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so after a KP i decided to follow exactly your tuto (had to use the Kext folder you add). I'm now installing 10.14.4 using the HD 530 until i found a good cheap GFX card that allow 4K60Hz (gtx 650,680 or AMD R250.
i'll post a feedback some steps after.
ps: i found this computer very very slow in comparison with my HP 8300 (I7 3770) i hope this is only install porcess ...

quick feedback,
After many hours spent on this machine i've got 80% working.
Finally i used "Imac 18,1" for SMBIOS
USB2/3 are working at right speed.
1/ After manualy patched the Mitsuhiro way, internal hp and front output finally worked BUT a big phasing makes sounds very crapy if not fully balanced on the left or right in sys pref ...
2/ The hd 530 works badly (minor video lags and mouse, tab artefacts)
if you hav any suggestions ... you're welcome.

PS: the bios is ver 1.9 and Mojave 10.14.4

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-03-27 à 20.53.45.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-03-27 à 20.53.45.png
    862.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
quick feedback,
After many hours spent on this machine i've got 80% working.
Finally i used "Imac 18,1" for SMBIOS
USB2/3 are working at right speed.
1/ After manualy patched the Mitsuhiro way, internal hp and front output finally worked BUT a big phasing makes sounds very crapy if not fully balanced on the left or right in sys pref ...
2/ The hd 530 works badly (minor video lags and mouse, tab artefacts)
if you hav any suggestions ... you're welcome.

PS: the bios is ver 1.9 and Mojave 10.14.4

The graphics card that can be built into the HP 8300sff is a low-profile graphics card. Also, pay attention to the slot width of the graphic card. You also need to pay attention to the power consumption of your graphics card. I do not have clear information about each graphic card. The HD530 is trial and error, and there is currently no information that can be released. There are many reports that Intel built-in GPU does not work sleep function, so I think that sleep function does not work even if it operates HD530.

Last edited:
Mojave Update 10.14.4

Ive followed the guide and I've uploaded the refi extensions as recommended but I am getting the error:
Please goto https://panic.apple.com to report this panic.

I am using a dell optiplex 3040 with similar specs.

Please help.

Ive followed the guide and I've uploaded the refi extensions as recommended but I am getting the error:
Please goto https://panic.apple.com to report this panic.

I am using a dell optiplex 3040 with similar specs.

Please help.
Show me your EFI. Check if there is a problem with the information in that.

Mojave Update 10.14.5

Show me your EFI. Check if there is a problem with the information in that.
I just downloaded all the files you posted and uploaded them where you said and it gives me the error.

I just downloaded all the files you posted and uploaded them where you said and it gives me the error.
Upload and show me the EFI folder inside your USB boot disk.

Here is my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back