Contribute
Register

[Success] Hackintosh on a Dell Optiplex 3040 SFF Mojave(10.14.5)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
So, i got it working!

Thanks to your explanation i followed it through again. First time booting i had the exact same issue. Then i swapped the RAM into the upper slot and then it booted straight away! I’m not sure if that was always the problem or if it was a combination of issues but it is now fully working with accelerated graphics correctly.

Thank you again

Motherboard
DELL Optiplex 7050 MT
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi BoothmanL, sorry for taking so long to answer.

From what I understand you are having problems installing. Remembering that my model is Dell 3040 micro

I did the following:

First configure the BIOS according to post # 1

1 - CREATING THE STARTUP DISC IN USB:

1.1 - Create bootable USB stick with unibeast.

1.2 - After creating the Mojave installation usb disk with Unibeast, open the usb disk with Clover EFI (2.4k 4961), check the following options:

- Installation for UEFI Cards

- Install Clover on ESP

- UEFI Drivers => AptioMemoryfix-64

- Install changes

1.3 - In Clover Configuration, follow the procedure of #post 32:

- Open the usb plist (mount EFI first) and go to Devices tab. In the bottom pane, choose Properties (instead of Arbitrary)

- Devices: PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x2,0x0)

- Properties Keys:

AAPL, ig-platform-id = 00001219

frame buffer-patch-enable = 01000000

frame buffer-stolenmem = 00003001

- Click the + sign below this panel and add framebuffer-fbmem for the key and 00009000 for the value.

- You need to do this to install USB and final installation on the main drive.

1.4 - Copy the contents of the Extensions folder (pre-installation) to usb EFI / CLOVER / Kexts / Other.

1.5 - Replace the config.plist (preinstallation) file on EFI / CLOVER / config.plst from the USB boot disk.

1.5.5 - (Alternate Procedure: Mount EFI from the usb installation with Clover Configuration and Replace EFI Folder with EFI Folder (Post Installation)

1.6 - Install Mojave or High Sierra

2 - INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

2.1 - Configure BIOS as BIOS Folder

2.2 - Boot from UEFI: Pendrive This will take you to Clover Bootloader.

2.3 - Choose "Boot macOS Install from usb"

2.4 - On next reboot, Clover will display Choose "Preload FileVault Boot Preloader"

2.5 - On the third reboot choose Mojave Partition.

3.0 POST INSTALLATION

3.1 - Mount the EFI from the hard drive where Mojave with Clover Configuration was installed.

3.2 - Open Finder Preferences and display the hard drive on the desktop. (The HD EFI partition will appear on the desktop)

3.3 - Go to HD Library / Extensions delete all kexts and replace with those from Entensions folder (post installation)

3.4 - Delete the EFI folder from the hard disk in which Mojjave is installed, paste the EFI folder (post installation. Leave only the file CLOVER / kexts / Other / FakeSMC.kext and discard everything else.

3.5 - Unmount the EFI partition with Clover Configuration.

3.6 - Start Kext Utility, give the permissions and let the program run by itself.

3.7 - Restart the computer

4.0 START UP THE SYSTEM WITHOUT PENDRIVE:

4.1 - With Clover Configuration, mount Mojave HD EFI partition

4.2 - Go to the box and set up config.plist (EFI / EFI / CLOVER / config.plist)

4.3 - Go to GUI in Scan, select Custom and check (Entries, Tool)

4.4 - In Hide Volume (click + and add: Preboot, + again and add: Recovery)

4.5 - Custom Entries (edit Mac OS partition) copy Mojave HD UUID code and paste it into Volume

4.6 - Check the Title / FullTitle option and add the name of the Mac OS installation, under Type choose OSX, under Volume Type choose Internal.

4.7 - Save the changes.

Sorry for my English and I hope I helped you. Good luck
Thank you that the information you have released has saved many people.