Contribute
Register

[Success] Hackintosh on a Dell Optiplex 3040 SFF Mojave(10.14.5)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
So, i got it working!

Thanks to your explanation i followed it through again. First time booting i had the exact same issue. Then i swapped the RAM into the upper slot and then it booted straight away! I’m not sure if that was always the problem or if it was a combination of issues but it is now fully working with accelerated graphics correctly.

Thank you again

Motherboard
DELL Optiplex 7050 MT
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi BoothmanL, sorry for taking so long to answer.

From what I understand you are having problems installing. Remembering that my model is Dell 3040 micro

I did the following:

First configure the BIOS according to post # 1

1 - CREATING THE STARTUP DISC IN USB:

1.1 - Create bootable USB stick with unibeast.

1.2 - After creating the Mojave installation usb disk with Unibeast, open the usb disk with Clover EFI (2.4k 4961), check the following options:

- Installation for UEFI Cards

- Install Clover on ESP

- UEFI Drivers => AptioMemoryfix-64

- Install changes

1.3 - In Clover Configuration, follow the procedure of #post 32:

- Open the usb plist (mount EFI first) and go to Devices tab. In the bottom pane, choose Properties (instead of Arbitrary)

- Devices: PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x2,0x0)

- Properties Keys:

AAPL, ig-platform-id = 00001219

frame buffer-patch-enable = 01000000

frame buffer-stolenmem = 00003001

- Click the + sign below this panel and add framebuffer-fbmem for the key and 00009000 for the value.

- You need to do this to install USB and final installation on the main drive.

1.4 - Copy the contents of the Extensions folder (pre-installation) to usb EFI / CLOVER / Kexts / Other.

1.5 - Replace the config.plist (preinstallation) file on EFI / CLOVER / config.plst from the USB boot disk.

1.5.5 - (Alternate Procedure: Mount EFI from the usb installation with Clover Configuration and Replace EFI Folder with EFI Folder (Post Installation)

1.6 - Install Mojave or High Sierra

2 - INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

2.1 - Configure BIOS as BIOS Folder

2.2 - Boot from UEFI: Pendrive This will take you to Clover Bootloader.

2.3 - Choose "Boot macOS Install from usb"

2.4 - On next reboot, Clover will display Choose "Preload FileVault Boot Preloader"

2.5 - On the third reboot choose Mojave Partition.

3.0 POST INSTALLATION

3.1 - Mount the EFI from the hard drive where Mojave with Clover Configuration was installed.

3.2 - Open Finder Preferences and display the hard drive on the desktop. (The HD EFI partition will appear on the desktop)

3.3 - Go to HD Library / Extensions delete all kexts and replace with those from Entensions folder (post installation)

3.4 - Delete the EFI folder from the hard disk in which Mojjave is installed, paste the EFI folder (post installation. Leave only the file CLOVER / kexts / Other / FakeSMC.kext and discard everything else.

3.5 - Unmount the EFI partition with Clover Configuration.

3.6 - Start Kext Utility, give the permissions and let the program run by itself.

3.7 - Restart the computer

4.0 START UP THE SYSTEM WITHOUT PENDRIVE:

4.1 - With Clover Configuration, mount Mojave HD EFI partition

4.2 - Go to the box and set up config.plist (EFI / EFI / CLOVER / config.plist)

4.3 - Go to GUI in Scan, select Custom and check (Entries, Tool)

4.4 - In Hide Volume (click + and add: Preboot, + again and add: Recovery)

4.5 - Custom Entries (edit Mac OS partition) copy Mojave HD UUID code and paste it into Volume

4.6 - Check the Title / FullTitle option and add the name of the Mac OS installation, under Type choose OSX, under Volume Type choose Internal.

4.7 - Save the changes.

Sorry for my English and I hope I helped you. Good luck
Thank you that the information you have released has saved many people.

Motherboard
Asrock Z390M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi Matsushiro-san,

I have Dell Optiplex 3040 i7 Mini Tower and used your EFI kext etc. But I still cannot proceed to installation. It stucked on "waiting on <dict ID=0>........."

I tried to add more driver into driver-64 but still the same. I don't know what's wrong.

I attached the screenshot.
20191206_213651.jpg

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock H310CM-HG4
CPU
i3 9100F
Graphics
RX 570
Hi brokenbracelet, I don't know this problem, but maybe some of these tips might help you:

1 - Leave only the Mojave installation hard drive installed, if you have more than one Hard Disk, unplug it;
2 - Try installing Mojave with only 1 with a memory RAM slot, try slot 1 and if you can't, try slot 2.
3 - Try to install Mojave without video card, try using the onboard video of your core i7.

Good luck.

[QUOTE = "pulseira quebrada, post: 2041906, membro: 2216011"]
Olá Matsushiro-san,

Tenho o Dell Optiplex 3040 i7 Mini Tower e usei o EFI kext etc. Mas ainda não consigo prosseguir com a instalação. Ele ficou "esperando em <dict ID = 0> ........."

Eu tentei adicionar mais driver no driver-64, mas ainda o mesmo. Eu não sei o que está errado.

Anexei a captura de tela. View attachment 439013View attachment 439014
[/CITAR]

Motherboard
Asrock Z390M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi brokenbracelet, I don't know this problem, but maybe some of these tips might help you:

1 - Leave only the Mojave installation hard drive installed, if you have more than one Hard Disk, unplug it;
2 - Try installing Mojave with only 1 with a memory RAM slot, try slot 1 and if you can't, try slot 2.
3 - Try to install Mojave without video card, try using the onboard video of your core i7.

Good luck.

[QUOTE = "pulseira quebrada, post: 2041906, membro: 2216011"]
Olá Matsushiro-san,

Tenho o Dell Optiplex 3040 i7 Mini Tower e usei o EFI kext etc. Mas ainda não consigo prosseguir com a instalação. Ele ficou "esperando em <dict ID = 0> ........."

Eu tentei adicionar mais driver no driver-64, mas ainda o mesmo. Eu não sei o que está errado.

Anexei a captura de tela. View attachment 439013View attachment 439014
[/CITAR]
Thank you for the reply.

I did all the 3 items in your advise except try RAM on slot 2 but it only proceed a line.
Now it stucked at "afps_module_start:1393 ......"

Motherboard
MSI H170 Gaming 3
CPU
Intel Core I5 6500
Graphics
HD530
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Thank you very much, I have installed successfully Sierra on my Optiplex 3040 as #41:
- i5 6500,
- 2 x 8G Ram
- Kingston 240G SSD
- HD530

Everything works fine so far.

Motherboard
DELL Optiplex 7050 MT
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Matsushiro-san,

I have Dell Optiplex 3040 i7 Mini Tower and used your EFI kext etc. But I still cannot proceed to installation. It stucked on "waiting on <dict ID=0>........."

I tried to add more driver into driver-64 but still the same. I don't know what's wrong.

I attached the screenshot.
Core i7 is not listed in the technical specifications of DELL optiplex 3040MT / SFF / Micro. Does not start on Core i7.

Motherboard
Dell
CPU
Intel Skylake i7-6700
Graphics
Nvidia
Hi
I solved a problem that was difficult to solve.

The built-in speaker is now working. At the same time the audio jack on the front panel is also working. When I connected headphones to the audio jack while selecting the built-in speakers, I was able to confirm that the speakers were muted and sound was coming out of the headphones.

Hi.
How have you fixed this issue? Did you find out what was causing the problem? I am trying to get audio working on my Optiplex 7040MT which is identical to yours except that I have I7-6700. I have similar audio, network and graphics. I have tried installing Lilu+AppleAlc and tried all different layout Ids. I can't seen my sound hardware in Hackintool, don't know if its normal.
I have even copied your updated EFI and config.plist, after cleaning all my previous kexts and patches. Yet it didn't work.

Motherboard
Dell
CPU
Intel Skylake i7-6700
Graphics
Nvidia
Its enabled in BIOS.
Its the same motherboard in a bigger chassis but I might be wrong. Anyway, what fixed your sound?