Contribute
Register

Success Hackintosh i7 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. I'll give that a try once I buy an NVME drive. Won't though until I get TH working.

At this point I'm up and running.

But I can't get the thunderbolt stuff to work at all. Including the Apollo.

I reinstalled the thunderbolt patch update under win 10 2x now, and it will see the Apple TH 3>2 adapter when plugged in under system properties. But the Apollo never connects and turns green. Lights just stay red.

And I'm noticing that USB is working but files were copying at 1mb/sec. So Looks like full speed may not be working. I'll test further with a new USB3.0 thumb drive I picked up to validate that though.

So far Sierra is running great! 6700k on this board is nice and smooth. Just the two issues listed above.

So I've confirmed USB 3.0 is not working at all. Tested with a brand new SanDisk USB 3.0 32gb thumb drive. Not detected at all in the blue USB 3.0 ports. Yet those ports work fine when I boot into Win 10 on this board. Works fine in the standard USB 2.0 ports in Sierra though.

So which kext do I need to activate these? Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your incredibly detailed guide, it was amazingly helpful.

I've just done a build with the same part list as you, everything is working except my Bluetooth. I have the Handoff BT/ Wifi dongle that you have, and am running Sierra 10.12.5. The interesting thing is that my wifi is working just fine but the bluetooth is not, when I try to load bluetooth it says there is no recognized bluetooth device. Any idea why that might be happening

anybody try 10.13 beta on z170x-ud5?

Please read the rules :
The Rules said:
This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only

So now that High Sierra is shipping, I hope we can discuss. I've updated from Sierra (10.12.x) to High Sierra (10.13.1). All went fine except:

1. Make "sure" if you are using EVGA 1080 (or Nvidia) disable it before you do the update from 10.13.0 to 10.13.1. Thank God for backups!
2. On this motherboard you WILL need to use RehabMan's USB changes to your config.plist. Look at the latest version of his changes for 10.13 otherwise your USB 3 ports won't work with the old 10.12 changes.

I'm looking at creating an SSDT for this board for a formal workaround. I'm running at 4.6 Ghz overclock and it's a killer photo and video editing machine...

Good luck. GH

So now that High Sierra is shipping, I hope we can discuss. I've updated from Sierra (10.12.x) to High Sierra (10.13.1). All went fine except:

1. Make "sure" if you are using EVGA 1080 (or Nvidia) disable it before you do the update from 10.13.0 to 10.13.1. Thank God for backups!
2. On this motherboard you WILL need to use RehabMan's USB changes to your config.plist. Look at the latest version of his changes for 10.13 otherwise your USB 3 ports won't work with the old 10.12 changes.

I'm looking at creating an SSDT for this board for a formal workaround. I'm running at 4.6 Ghz overclock and it's a killer photo and video editing machine...

Good luck. GH

So, if you are looking at creating a USB SSDT, please keep us all appraised, I'd love to see it and test it out. If I can help in some way, let me know.

Good luck. GH

Upgraded to 10.13 without issues other than than audio. My Thunderbolt 3 ports are still working and now I can access my NVMe m.2 drive without issues.

How did you fix the audio after the upgrade? Are you OC using the bios OC settings?

So, if you are looking at creating a USB SSDT, please keep us all appraised, I'd love to see it and test it out. If I can help in some way, let me know.
Here's mine SSDT for the Z170x-ud5-th, needs to be used in conjunction with usbinjectall.kext

Compile it with MaciASL and put it in the acpi/patched directory in clover. After rebooting and confirming that it works (through ioreg) disable the multibeast port-number-increase-patch.

Front usb ports work, rear usb ports work except the two bottom USB2 ports as well as USB-C (i have no devices for it).
Internally - the HS09, F_USB1 (the one closest to the rear) works and labeled as 255 (internal) so that my PCIe wifi/bluetooth card will work.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-GA-Z170X-UD5-TH.dsl
    4.4 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back