Contribute
Register

Success Hackintosh i7 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NamTran I had the same issue - how to connect the Corsair? I think the official recommendation ist that the pump runs with continous 12v supply not controlled by the mobo. check this thread http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=114573
I connect the Corsair 1-pin connector to the OPT Fan on the Mobo. I logged into Window and using the Gigabyte to control the fan speed (both of the case and the Corsair water cooling) and it worked. I noticed the fans ran slower and quiter. Have not been able to check with adjusting fan speed in bios yet as my mobo is dead. I shut down my computer after playing game for a couple hourse and now it won't post. Keep turning on and off.

@Cmfusco11: just a stupid question but how do you connect the cables from your Corsair cooling and the case to the Mobo? My guess is Corsair connects to the OPT Fan and the case to CPU fan? Can you control the fan speed from BIOS? I tried to change the setting in BIOS but don't notice any changes in fan speed. Mine seems to run a high speed even in low load. Thanks
I have not tried to control fans to be honest I am not sure.

Same prob here - shutdown and it restarts - but OK after I've booted into windows10, shutsdown normally then.

Discovered it was the hub on my AOC monitor, unplugged it shutsdown and stays shutdown - tried everything in the bios - so live with it and quickly turn off the powersupply on PSU - until someone comes up with a solution. Bah!

Same problem for me, i will search ...

open the Config.plist with Clover Configurator, under Acpi enable FixShutdown and save
:beachball:

LOL - Hackintosh Medal of Honor on the way dude! - after 1 weird shutdown where the screens went blank it works!

HUZZAH! - cheers sunnyj :) :)

:mrgreen:

I verify but i have already use
Clover Configurator, under Acpi enable FixShutdown
and ... restart sometime

search on darkwake

Last edited:
At the moment I use OS X Sierra and I'm on 14,2 I found that to be the easiest to get working 17.1 is ideal but a lot of work. Check page 1 I posted a link to my youtube on how to install Sierra.

my iMac 17,1 solution
If you have have installed Sierra with Uni/MultiBeast

in /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist you have
Code:
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
search and replace 0x3 with 0x67

For more information about this param https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/RtVariables#rtvariables_csractiveconfig
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/RtVariables#rtvariables_csractiveconfig

Then you can Use AGDPfix1.3
reboot
Use Multibest to install iMac 17,1

Attachments

• AGDPfix 1.3_&_MultiBeast 9.01_for_iMac_17.1.jpeg
    AGDPfix 1.3_&_MultiBeast 9.01_for_iMac_17.1.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 206
  • AGDPfix1.3.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Update:
USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports working flawlessly, I can share my patch if anyone wants. Do need to disable some of the unused ports to fit under the 15-port limit. Seems like the recs are not to use the raise port limiter patch long term. I disabled the onboard ports I wasn't using and some of the 2.0 ports. I don't know if the Thunderbolt type C ports are working or not as I have no devices to test them with.

Fixed the issue with WD drive. was formatted as exfat and I think something got corrupt as I hear is common with exfat so OS X was reading it as FAT. Reformatted to mac's file system and no issues.

iMessanger - able to log in and receive but can't send. Going to try the 14,2 profile again. In messing around to get the USB ports working I switched to MacPro 5,2 but I doubt that did anything useful.

I'd be interested in your usb ssdt aml if you feel okay with posting it....

I baught this motherboard just because of this thread. So far so good. Just working on internal sound via USB. Thanks everyone!

Ugh. I have been running the Z170X-UD5 mb with no issues but today I thought I would upgrade the bios to F22 from F6 I believe, now I can't get Sierra to boot.
I did a load optimized defaults, disabled VTD and Super Serial yet still no joy.
Am I missing something?

Ugh. I have been running the Z170X-UD5 mb with no issues but today I thought I would upgrade the bios to F22 from F6 I believe, now I can't get Sierra to boot.
I did a load optimized defaults, disabled VTD and Super Serial yet still no joy.
Am I missing something?

I just finished setting my GA-Z170X-UD5 up 10 minutes ago. I even got the OS cloned over to my NVMe EVO 960 SSD! But Bios is still on F20. So I am not sure any of this will help. I changed these items in Bios... Optimized default, Enabled XMCI hand-off, Disabled Super IO Config, Disabled VT-d, Used other OS for Windows8/10 features, Boot UEFI only in storage Boot Option Control and Disabled secure Boot Mode. I have a few screen shots of kexts and clover...
Clover1ACPI.png

Attachments

• Clover2Boot.png
    Clover2Boot.png
    291 KB · Views: 406
  • Clover3Patches.png
    Clover3Patches.png
    319.8 KB · Views: 405
  • Clover4SMBIOS.png
    Clover4SMBIOS.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 443
  • EFIKext.png
    EFIKext.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 413
  • Extensions.png
    Extensions.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 349
Am I missing something?
Yes, check my problems #75 right here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back