Contribute
Register

Success Hackintosh i7 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work.... couple questions... does thunderbolt function? Can we use an apple thunderbolt 27 display? Does iTunes play previews, i.e. Can you watch videos/movies from iTunes, can test this by launching iTunes and trying to preview a movie... awesome build I am currently torn between an iMac and this but need the above fully functional before I sign up and can't seem to locate folks with success on all of above.

Cmfusco11's Build:
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Awesome work.... couple questions... does thunderbolt function? Can we use an apple thunderbolt 27 display? Does iTunes play previews, i.e. Can you watch videos/movies from iTunes, can test this by launching iTunes and trying to preview a movie... awesome build I am currently torn between an iMac and this but need the above fully functional before I sign up and can't seem to locate folks with success on all of above.

Hi first of all I wanted to let you know I came from a 2014 5k which was fully working no issues and I decided to build my own due to gain some fps in the few games I play but without loosing the benefits of OS X features. That being said I use this daily and have been fully functional.
ITunes works
iMovie works
iCloud syncs with iTunes and all music works
Haven't yet tried thunderbolt as I have nothing yet that works with it however I'll be getting the MacBook and I can test it for you. I've seen others work though.
I have audio speakers working through audio 3.5 jack as well as USB and keyboard mouse Bluetooth and wifi.
Also click the link to the new video and software version.

audio
I'm a bit lost in this.
Still no success. Do you have any advice?
Two questions - does the audio work in windows?
i'm using the black ports for the audio not the green ones - do you do the same?

I would do the following -
  1. Make a backup on CCC.
  2. I used sunnyj's post when I did my build https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-6700k-evga-gtx970-skylake-imac-17-1.204813/
  3. Make a clean install on a separate drive (or the one that you just make a backup from)
  4. Try step by step the normal solution for the Audio (i.e. MultiBeast)
  5. If that won't work try toleda's script
  6. If THAT won't work than I'm honestly out of ideas... I did a clean install and everything worked straight away - my guess is that you have some mismatch in kexts

Two questions - does the audio work in windows?
i'm using the black ports for the audio not the green ones - do you do the same?

I would do the following -
  1. Make a backup on CCC.
  2. I used sunnyj's post when I did my build https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-6700k-evga-gtx970-skylake-imac-17-1.204813/
  3. Make a clean install on a separate drive (or the one that you just make a backup from)
  4. Try step by step the normal solution for the Audio (i.e. MultiBeast)
  5. If that won't work try toleda's script
  6. If THAT won't work than I'm honestly out of ideas... I did a clean install and everything worked straight away - my guess is that you have some mismatch in kexts
I'll try clean install and let you know.
Maybe I'll try some usb soundcard before the install

Last edited:
Z170X-UD5
intel i7-6700K
ssd samsung 850 evo

install without graphic card because motherboard supported

everything is ok, but speed very slow
boot time 20 second

any idea?
how much faster do you want it to boot? 20 seconds seems pretty good!

I'll try clean install and let you know.
Maybe I'll try some usb soundcard before the install
make sure you wipe out the efi partition when doing a clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back