Contribute
Register

Success Hackintosh i7 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Share your secrets, please ;-) I have tried everything I could find on the forum and nothing worked...

One of the issues I've encountered when using the WebDriver-346.03.15f03.pkg is I would get this message "Mac OS X Version 10.11.6 is not supported with this package"

And so I believe I downloaded WebDriver-346.03.15f02 which installed but never worked so...

You have to check also the variant of 10.11.6 you are using. There are different variants of each version. The one I use is 10.11.6 (15G1004). The stuff in the brackets is important. You have to choose exactly the right package that fits for the Nvidia driver.

Hey,

I decided to follow your build, and everything seems to work. However, I haven't had a chance to install the operating systems since Apple released Sierra so so I can't download El Capitan. Does Sierra work with your build? Also, is there any way I can download El Captain without using the App store?

Sincerely,
Bjkwong

I have a similar Build:
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
GTX 960 Overclocked 4gb
32 GB Ballistix DDR4
I7 4.0 Skylake 6700K water cooled with Corsair H115i
Booting from a Samsung 950 PRO M.2 SSD
Sierra is running great! Took me a while to solve the Multi-monitor issues with the GTX 960 but solution turned out to be simple - just had to stop injecting NVIDIA drivers in clover and set the clover.plist to load the Web Drivers. Using SMBIOS for IMac 14,2.

Working
Video Card + All 3 Monitors
Audio
Ethernet and Apple sign-in in apple store working

Not working
iMessanger (logs in but all my contacts show up in red suggesting invalid icloud accounts)
USB 3.0 - none of my external drives are loading
WD Black SATA hard drive is not showing up on the list of drives

Anyone with any suggestions on how to fix any of the above in sierra? All working fine when I boot into El Capitan.

On my GA-Z170X-UD5 TH:
On 10.11 everthing perfect.
On 10.12 no audio yet, USB mixed bag, everything else I tried so far works.

Figuring out dual custom OSX entry in Clover was challenging – so far I haven't finished with USB and audio (but audio didn't work on anything I tried.)

GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Update:
USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports working flawlessly, I can share my patch if anyone wants. Do need to disable some of the unused ports to fit under the 15-port limit. Seems like the recs are not to use the raise port limiter patch long term. I disabled the onboard ports I wasn't using and some of the 2.0 ports. I don't know if the Thunderbolt type C ports are working or not as I have no devices to test them with.

Fixed the issue with WD drive. was formatted as exfat and I think something got corrupt as I hear is common with exfat so OS X was reading it as FAT. Reformatted to mac's file system and no issues.

iMessanger - able to log in and receive but can't send. Going to try the 14,2 profile again. In messing around to get the USB ports working I switched to MacPro 5,2 but I doubt that did anything useful.

GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Update:
USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports working flawlessly, I can share my patch if anyone wants. Do need to disable some of the unused ports to fit under the 15-port limit. Seems like the recs are not to use the raise port limiter patch long term. I disabled the onboard ports I wasn't using and some of the 2.0 ports. I don't know if the Thunderbolt type C ports are working or not as I have no devices to test them with.

Fixed the issue with WD drive. was formatted as exfat and I think something got corrupt as I hear is common with exfat so OS X was reading it as FAT. Reformatted to mac's file system and no issues.

iMessanger - able to log in and receive but can't send. Going to try the 14,2 profile again. In messing around to get the USB ports working I switched to MacPro 5,2 but I doubt that did anything useful.
Be appreciated if you could share your patch as I'm trying to get USB working properly on the same board with Sierra.
Do you use USBinjectall.kext and the clover script for the 100-series with your patch?

Hey,
I would love to know how you achieved your USB success. I have a similar system which is running perfectly with the exception of USB 3.0. Most of the resources here for el cap USB support are for older motherboards. I have the z170x ud5th like you, would love to know how you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back