Contribute
Register

Success Hackintosh i7 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only know the answer to the 4th question.
Yes, the integrated graphics card is working and you don't need to put "nv_disable=1" in the boot settings if you choose to start without a dedicated graphics card. In fact, my GTX 970 arrived one day after I had set up the Hackintosh so you don't have to worry about that.

Thanks for info! :)

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your great work and video ! I have a configuration closed to yours and you help me a lot to make it work. I have just one issue : audio don't work (same motherboard)
I tried to fix it with the toledo's file, but I probably do it wrong (this is my first build).
I mount the EFI with clover and then launch the command file (with double-click). I follow the instruction on the terminal but i have this message :
Code:
File: File: audio_realtekALC-110.command_v1.0o1
No Clover/Chameleon files, confirm Osmosis/other install (y/n): y
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
    Apple Internal: disabled
    Kext Signing: disabled
    Filesystem Protections: disabled
    Debugging Restrictions: enabled
    DTrace Restrictions: enabled
    NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Password:
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed

What can I do ?
Thanks for your help.

Don't use the audio_realtekALC-110.command tool. Instead use MultiBeast. Select these drivers for your GA-Z170X-UD5 TH board:
575397-AudioFix.png

OK, the problem isn't the RAM but the Thunderbolt, I think...

But, if I start the Win10, I haven't the error. If I start the OS X, I have the error 51.... I have disabled the Thunderbolt in the BIOS... no error!

But, USB 3.1 is still in function?

But you don't have the same motherboard? Anyone with this issue?

For now i have this memory/thunderbolt error 51 issue, and the error D3 after sleep (on OS X and WINDOWS)... anyone the same issues?
Everything else is good for now!
Thanks

Wey hey! Mucho Kudos to Cmfusco11 for his guide - and all who have contributed to the problem solving - thar she blows!

FEyOYMO.jpg

Talking of blowing - i think I might have gone with a Noctua cooler instead of the Coolermaster 212X - quiet enough, but you can hear the fans whir up and down with the sides off - wonder if all fans make the same noise no matter how much you pay? Hard to say without comparing - anyone notice a massive difference under stress with expensive coolers?

Audio problems fixed using ottomezzi solution here #43 - nice one! Strangely it went away (prob cos I was swapping HDs and booting into windows) but came back using 14.2 system def in MultiBeast.

Have a legacy build of Win 10 running on a separate SSD, just whipped out of my old mac - used Clover, Mount EFI > Edit config - Boot > set Mac HD as 1st and Legacy BIOS as 2nd and that works too!

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter worked straight out of the can.

Photoshop, Lightroom, Indesign, Illus all working fine n dandy.

And power consumption down by very roughly 100w from the Mac Pro 1.1 (8 core 3ghz).

Glad I got the R5, cos though I've hacked a Lenovo N200 laptop, it's not the same as fitting a bunch of stuff in a case and for a 1st build I doubt you want the added stress of cramming everything into a pretty little box.

I haven't got to some nitty gritty - iMessages (might work but never really used it anyway).

Can't believe it went so smoothly - but only cos of top peeps on this forum taking time to do vids and post solutions :)

Cheers again!

PS - is that red LED with 51 on the Motherboard anything to worry about?

Last edited:
Manual page 44
Code Description
50~55 Memory initialization error occurs.

Manual page 44
Code Description
50~55 Memory initialization error occurs.

Aye - been reading it might be a bug in the MB firmware, or happens with Thundebolt activated in Bios, or Ram slots may be dirty (though ram registers ok) - will experiment...

EDIT: Found this on amazon:
ERROR 51: I PUT CAP LOCKS ON BECAUSE THIS ERROR ON BOOT UP COST ME 250$ TO LEARN AND FIX... THE ERROR 51 ON BOOT UP MEANS A MEMORY INITIALIZATION ISSUE. I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A NEW SET OF MEMORY AND IT DID NOT CHANGE A THING... DO NOT MAKE SAME MISTAKE. ERROR 51 IS GENERATED BY THUNDERBOLT...IF YOU DO NOT NEED THUNDERBOLT, THEN DISABLE IT IN BIOS AND IT WILL REMOVE ERROR 51 THAT STAYS STUCK DURING BOOT-UP AND EVEN AFTER AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MEMORY. I had to find this potential fix in an old 2013 post about some other motherboard...and that was it. If you have error 51 even after turning off Thunderbolt in BIOS, then you might have a real issue with memory.

So after disabling Thunderbolt in the Bios (Peripherals > Intel (R) Thunderbolt >> Intel Thunderbolt Technology - DISABLED) I get the new code A0 - which apparently is OK.

Last edited:
Wow.
This is super. All working tip/top
huge thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back