Contribute
Register

Success Hackintosh i7 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the instructions in the video, but I can't install El Capitan. After I enter nv_disable=1 I go to boot from usb. The installation starts but half way through I get the circle with a slash. I ran the install in verbose mode and it's getting stuck at waiting for root device. Why i am getting this error? Someone please help!

On a side-note, I installed Windows without a hitch.

EDIT- I re-downloaded El Capitan from the app store and it installed without any issues.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I followed your guide with good success although my USB 2.0 ports don't seem to be working. I am also using a z170x-UD5 and i7 6770K. Does anyone have a fix to get my USB 2.0 ports working again? I used one to install OS X but on the restart I could not use my keyboard to enter admin password at the login screen and they still don't seem to be working.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello just finished my mackintosh
gigabyte z170x ud5
i6700k
32gb ram
Gigabyte GE Force GTX960 2gb

Thank for the video great help
my problem is static / distortion sound with my Apogee Quartet Sound Card
working with Pro Tools 12
Anyone have any idea for this trouble?

Thanks

Can someone help me change the system definition to imac 14.2 from Mac pro 3.1? I'm having issues with the system not powering external usb hard drives. I've read people have had success using the 17.1 definition.

I would hate to reinstall the OS from scratch using 14.2

Last edited:
To change your system definition, run MultiBeast and only select the new SysDef. Then, install and reboot.

Customize > System Definitions > iMac > 14,2

To change your system definition, run MultiBeast and only select the new SysDef. Then, install and reboot.

Customize > System Definitions > iMac > 14,2
It worked! I can now use my external hard drive to transfer files. Thank you so much.

I've also backed up the OS and efi partition and will try to get the system working with 17.1 in the next few weeks. I will update this thread for those who are interested because as I understand, it's a more complicated process.

Hey,

great configuration! I have a very similar one, but when I see the memory I only see 8gb instead of 16gb.

Did you have that problem?

Ottomezzi whhich of 4 files you used on the folder ?

I have the same issue.

OK, with some trouble i found the solution.
The file is "Release" one.
But you have to go in Clover Configurator, mount the general config.plist (efi/clover/config.plist), verify that there's the line in the first box named "rename HDAS to HDEF".
Now go in panel "Devices" and set Audio from "1" to "11".

Then go in EFI/Clover/ and in kext folder copy the "release" AppleALC.kext in two folders (for secure): Folder 10.11 and folder Other

Restart and it works!
Thank you so much!
Finally I'm able to get my audio up and running. I think the "set audio from 1 to 11" did the trick.

Just curious, how did you figure it out?

Hi, I'm new and I would start with the same project... just two questions:

- USB 3.1 is working?
- RAID configuration is working? From bios setting?
- M32 disk port is working?
- Intel HD530 is working? I would start the project without the nvidia card and update it later...

Thanks!!

Hi, I'm new and I would start with the same project... just two questions:

- USB 3.1 is working?
- RAID configuration is working? From bios setting?
- M32 disk port is working?
- Intel HD530 is working? I would start the project without the nvidia card and update it later...

Thanks!!
I only know the answer to the 4th question.
Yes, the integrated graphics card is working and you don't need to put "nv_disable=1" in the boot settings if you choose to start without a dedicated graphics card. In fact, my GTX 970 arrived one day after I had set up the Hackintosh so you don't have to worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back