Contribute
Register

Success Hackintosh i7 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other issue.... i don't understand why but the OS X goes in hibernated mode at random time...
this is my pmset:
Active Profiles:

AC Power -1*
Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 1
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 1
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
sleep 5 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSourceSync)
autopoweroffdelay 172800
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 5
standbydelay 10800

You can see that the autopoweroffdelay is set to 48hours(172800sec)... but this afternoon goes to hibernated mode after 2 hours maybe

I have set darkwake=8 on Clover

Why??? After the hibernation i can't restart the OS X... need to use the USB key (and connect a USB keyboard instead of the bluetooth) with the basic Clover to start OS X, reboot and then finally i can use the OS X!!

Moreover in this condition after the third reboot i have a bios warning that the bios setting are incompatible with hardware. I just load the previous setting stored and reboot... I have a B6 error on display that show the NVRAM reset and another reboot... finally i can work!!!

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for your video. Pretty much everything worked the way you said. I also needed to edit the Video driver via Clover configurator but then it worked. Very Happy.

Audio also worked after I copied the kext using Clover Configurator and chose System 100 in multibeast (a couple threads up).
One tip... When there is no cable inserted in any of the audio inputs or outputs, the Audio is greyed out. Once you plug in headphones (for example) it's activated. Pretty neat. I guess this happens because the Hackintosh is recognized as an iMac and this is typical iMac behavior.

Wifi also worked out of the box using the TP-Link card from the shopping list.
Thanks a bunch.

I can also recommend my Asus GTX960 card for silent systems: the fans do not turn during 'normal' work.

Hello Everyone!

I have a very similar build sheet including the same exact motherboard. My problem is that I cannot get the installer to load. It boots with a circle and a line through it. I've tried the bootflags mentioned and followed everything to the T.

I also tried using the clover configurator and modified the plist file with to include the nv_disable=1, nvds_drv=1 (tried this since I couldn't get it to boot), and I also added the smbios with a 17,1 profile.

I've tried the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports with the same error.

When I try booting in Verbose Mode I get this:

"OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
Reason: Mac-D8158D556843C820
_"

All help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Just guessing, it you should try iMac 14,2 not iMac 17,1. The latter is a it of a pain to get going. - I am in the midst of experiencing that.

One thought: Are you sure, your USB-Drive is formatted correctly? Also in the past, I have had some troubles with some cheapo usb drives.

Last edited:
I had build pretty much the exact same build.

Intel i7-6700K Skylake Processor
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5
Crucial Ballistic 64GB DDR4 RAM
TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
EVGA GTX 980 Ti GPU
2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSDs
EVGA SuperNova 750 Watt 80+ Power Supply
Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Computer Case

I was able to boot clover and install Mac OS-X El Capitan without any hitch however...
Unfortunately I was unable to get the EVGA GTX 980 Ti Nvidia Web drivers working. I tried a few things using the Clover Configurator but sadly it just resulted in a Blank screen when I reboot. (enable Share screen next time lol)
I have since wiped that installation to test my new build for any possible issues using Windows 10. All is good as far as that. So I would like to start again from scratch so I plan on disconnecting the SSD Windows is on and Re-install OS-X El Capitan (10.11.6) on the other SSD. What do you guys suggest I do before, during and after installation to insure the EVGA GTX 980 Ti will work as well as the ALC1150 audio? Many thanks for all the help!

With regard to sound, it should only require the use of Multibeast 1150 and 100 drivers from Multibeast 8.2.3 .
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 9.41.04 AM.png

With regard to sound, it should only require the use of Multibeast 1150 and 100 drivers from Unibeast 8.2.3 .

Thanks, Yeah I read that would be an easy fix. The GPU has been the most headache for me.

On a side note, anyway to get iStat Menus System Temps to work this motherboard?

Have you tried profile iMac 14,2? iMac 17,1 seems only to work with some people - don't know why, exactly.

I'm using 17,1 here successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back