Contribute
Register

Success Hackintosh i7 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH - i7-6700K - GIGABYTE GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I resolved my audio issue, using :

- multibeast "Drivers > Audio > Realtek > 100 series audio"
- then I did the step 2 of this guide :
"Download the latest version of AppleALC from the GitHub Releases page. Mount your EFI partition, and copy it to Clover/kexts/$OS_VERSION or Clover/kexts/Other."

Audio works !

I was having the same audio issues as the OP, but everything I tried did not resolve the problem. I couldn't come up with a solution, so I decided to install Windows 10 on my other SSD.
After installing windows 10 I was having a similar audio issue. I tried installing the 1150 drivers from the gigabyte website and that did not do the trick. After several attempts I wondered if the BIOS was hanging up my success.

I updated my motherboard (Z170X-UD5 TH) to the latest firmware. After the update the sound on Windows 10 worked immediately.

I clean installed OS X El Capitan, on a separate SSD, following the OPs tutorial.
- I installed the 100 series audio driver through multibeast.
- then I did the step 2 of this guide :
"Download the latest version of AppleALC from the GitHub Releases page. Mount your EFI partition, and copy it to Clover/kexts/$OS_VERSION or Clover/kexts/Other." THANKS OTTOMEZZI!
This gives you all the correct audio drivers
-Reboot
- Next, use the Clover Configurator, mount the EFI, and run audio_realtekALC-110 from Toleda
-Reboot and you should have Sound!

Last edited:
Have not yet found a solution for this, When it sleeps i loose audio if i wake up so i set to never. Shutdown i have to power off 1st and then it auto restarts and then during OS X login screen i power off again and it actually powers down. Looking for a fix but not a huge concern.

I fixed shutdown in clover with
ACPI -> FixShutDown
selected, you might want to try this.
I still cannot get sleep mode to work, maybe some USB (card reader attached) is causing interference.

I was going to build my new system with this board, but I saw that it does not support 6gb/s SATA transfer rates. I'm looking at this one instead:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Good idea? Bad?

I was going to build my new system with this board, but I saw that it does not support 6gb/s SATA transfer rates. I'm looking at this one instead:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Good idea? Bad?

Sure it does, where have you seen it doesn't?

Ok i mount the same configuration of you, but when i start the pc, it doesn't start.
i have tried with or without the ram, wit or without the gxt ...

in all config the pc try to start but after 4-5 second it retry and retry without end.

Ok i mount the same configuration of you, but when i start the pc, it doesn't start.
i have tried with or without the ram, wit or without the gxt ...

in all config the pc try to start but after 4-5 second it retry and retry without end.

I don't know what to tell you. I've since built my system (typing on it right now) and everything is looking good so far. (I'll post the build notes separately.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back