Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello friends,

I no longer have this hack with me, as after much thought I'm just getting a Mac.
But I post it for the sake of sharing.
Complete Hardware list on signature.

What's working:
  • Network (LAN, never tried WiFi as I have no WiFi module)[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Sound (2ch) never tried Surround[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Graphics[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • iCloud and Appstore[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Bluetooth[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]

Pre-requisites:

Installation:
  • Make a bootable Unibeast USB drive using the good ol' tutorial. Reboot.[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Install Lion (I did on a freshly formatted partition).[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Once on the desktop, run Multibeast. I selected Screen Shot 2012-02-15 at 10.20.36 PM.png[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Run Chimera. Unplug Unibeast's USB drive Reboot.[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Install Lion 10.7.3 Update. Don't forget to re-run Multibeast. Reboot.[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Now on desktop, Network should be working, as well as Audio and Bluetooth. Graphics should be low res (with the 8800 GTS). AppStore and iCloud should be giving errors.[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Now to make iCloud and AppStore work just fine, use EFI Studio to add the Network string, as per this tutorial. Remember the plist in /Extra is different from the one mentioned in the tutorial, since we're using Chimera, not Chameleon (Old). Reboot.[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • Sign-in to Appstore and iCloud. They should be working.[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • To enable graphics, do the same you did with Network adapter (via EFI Studio), and don't forget to re-do the steps for Network as well (the string bundles ALL devices, not just one, so selecting only graphics this time, could potentially erase what you did before with network adapter). Reboot.[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]

Gotchas and Hints:
  • The way I explained above, was the only way so far I ended up with STABLE graphics on my hack. Old attempts with drivers would just mean glitches and reboots. The only drawback is that I had to use Google Chrome in order to make Flash videos work, which sucked (for me).[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • My bluetooth adapter worked fine out of the box. Unfortunately I had to stay close or in a given position, otherwise I ended up having trouble with the magic mouse acting odd.[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • When installing Lion I had no trouble leaving the 8GB RAM on there (on Snow Leopard, you had to put MAX 4 GB for the installer to work).[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]
  • The 2600 has integrated HD2000 graphics, which do not work with OS X. The overclockable 2600k on the other hand, sports HD3000, which do work on OS X (they are available on the MacBook Airs of 2011 and the cheapest Mac Mini's and MacBook Pros IIRC).[/*:m:lgr0b0hs]

Alright, let's wrap it up. Hopefully, at least someone else will benefit from this guide.

:wave:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-15 at 10.20.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-15 at 10.20.36 PM.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 472
I'm confused on how you fixed graphics...could you post your boot.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back