Contribute
Register

Success Guide Yosemite 10.10.1 Clover UEFI Guide - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again Baja-King. I was able to get everything working now but I was still having the wake from sleep issues every two hours with the error "Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)". I am using the factory BIOS of F14 so not sure if that had anything to do with it. I was able to fix this though with the replacement of the mDNSresponder fix found on the thread below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...c-alarm-how-to-deactivate/page-4#entry2071984

Here is a direct link to the files and instructions to fix this issue:mDNSResponder with Instructions.zip

I would recommend updating your instructions to include the audio fix, high resolution boot and sleep fix. Thanks again I now have a fully functioning hackintosh! (Well minus iMessages but I don't think anyone has that now that Apple has changed the security yet again)

I decided to upgrade to Yosemite 2 days ago and have spent some time getting my Hack to run smoothly.
As I could not find a dedicated guide to the Z77X-UD5H I thought I would post this in the hope that it helps others with issues…

I have been running 2 Hack’s over the last 2.5 years with great success using unibeast and multibeast. After trying a unibeast Yosemite install I found several issues and then decided to head down the rabbit hole into the world of clover…

This installation is for a clean install as I prefer not to upgrade from previous versions and assumes that you have access to another mac

I have used and modified sections of Tonymac’s guide here (BIG THANKS AS ALWAYS)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

How about the function of Power Management/CPU SpeedStep? Dose CPU speedster work?

Many thanks for the clear instructions and great build!

Also, regarding USB 3.0 front issues, I ran across a thread somewhere recently that identified the problem as a matter of using the USB30_1 header on the z77x-ud5h. (the one closest to the RAM) - once I switched to the USB30_3 header I've had no issues whatsoever with the 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front of my case

Thank you!!! Thank you !!

Followed this to the letter and my system finally runs well with Yosemite!

I had Mavericks installed and it had been perfect. Did the Yosemite update and fresh install, but kept getting freezes/lockups.

Did the fresh install as you instructed and now everything runs great! I have also noticed at least a 50% increase in my volume from my USB audio stick. (I am not even messing with the built in audio ...too many issues over the years trying to keep that working). All USB devices work when I wake from sleep, internal network works fine, bluetooth usb dongle works great. And I even have a recovery partition now!!!

Cant thank you enough for these thorough instructions.

I use the WB300D that came with my GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB. It uses the AR5B22 chipset.

After doing a fresh install of OS X and pulling the card out during install, bluetooth stopped being able to discover. After fighting with it for a while, I figured a quick solution.

It seems the card hibernates somehow and needs to be woken up. OS X can't seem to do it. Just boot into your windows partition where you have the drivers installed and the card is functioning. Just test to see that it can discover things. then boot up in your OS X install again.. Discovering should be working again.

Weird glitch.

How about the function of Power Management/CPU SpeedStep? Dose CPU speedster work?

Speed step works fine - on my machine it steps from 1.6 to 4.60GHz :)

Also, regarding USB 3.0 front issues, I ran across a thread somewhere recently that identified the problem as a matter of using the USB30_1 header on the z77x-ud5h. (the one closest to the RAM) - once I switched to the USB30_3 header I've had no issues whatsoever with the 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front of my case

Using USB30_3 header will cause the mac to awake instantly after sleep though. I always try to stick with the USB30_2 header myself.

Is anyone having any issue with Yosemite instantly crashing. I can reproduce it. If you put the machine to sleep, then wake it... Do a screen zoom (control + scroll wheel). Yosemite will instantly crash.

make sure screen zoom is enabled in accessibility preferences obviously.

I am running a UD5H, with a 570GTX ... I am going to try and uninstall the nvidia drivers first to test. Other than this odd glitch, things seem to be fine.

--addition

After testing and reinstalling several times with both clover and chimera methods... The problem exists in the 10.10.2 update. I have tried everything to remedy the instant crash.

yosemite works fine with 10.10.0. You can sleep then screen zoom after. as soon as you upgrade to 10.10.2 sleep/wake and then screen zoom instantly locks the OS. Odd... Back to Mavericks I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back