Contribute
Register

Success Guide Yosemite 10.10.1 Clover UEFI Guide - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh, thanks for the guide, but damn wish it was all easier. came here wondering about updating my same mobo. why exactly did you veer over to clover? seems like the process is incredibly more complex than I remember.

Because I couldn't get Yosemite working smoothly with Unibeast installation method...

It is worth the effort :)

Sorry for that whiny post. Thanks so much for this guide!!

Thanks for the guide -- my move to Clover was pretty smooth. Aside from the iMessage/iCloud problem, I can do everything I need to do.

I am currently having one strange issue, however: neither of my ethernet adapters is functional (they did work before I migrated from Chimera). I am pretty much a newbie, so I don't really know the best way to begin troubleshooting this. So far I have:

• When I go to System Report > Ethernet cards, I see the message "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed."
  • I used Clover Configurator to mount my EFI partition and verify that \EFI\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10 does contain AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AtherosL1cEthernet.kext

And... that's all I know how to do. What should my next step be? What diagnostic information should I pull?

Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: My build is the one in my profile: GA-Z77X-UD5H, i5-3570K, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, 2x Samsung 830 SSD, 2x Seagate Barracuda HD, TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Wireless PCIe Adapter, 16 GB RAM

Last edited:
Thank you Baja-King for the all hard work here. :headbang:

Just to add to your install guide which worked like a champ now hopefully my machine will hibernate correctly(We will see tonight since it was waking up every two hours before). If you are like me and want a high resolution boot loader you can 1) add the "CsmVideoDxe-64.efi" file into the drivers64UEFI folder on the EFI partition of the hard drive and 2) under the GUI section of the configurator set the screen resolution to something like 1400X1050. Icing on the cake...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 8.33.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 8.33.33 PM.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 409
  • CsmVideoDxe-64.efi.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 308
Thanks to baja-king and to all of your contribution!!!

I follow the guide, I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H. The problem is that every time I have to install the audio driver with multibeast because the audio goes away.

What you think about?

Thanks guys!

1) add the "CsmVideoDxe-64.efi" file into the drivers64UEFI folder on the EFI partition of the hard drive

forgive the dumb question; i can't find where to download the driver. what am i missing?

thanks,

forgive the dumb question; i can't find where to download the driver. what am i missing?

thanks,

Sorry about that. Looks like it didn't attach the first time. Should be in the post now.

Thanks to baja-king and to all of your contribution!!!

I follow the guide, I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H. The problem is that every time I have to install the audio driver with multibeast because the audio goes away.

What you think about?

Thanks guys!

I was able to get the audio to be persistent with the attached script. Unzip the command and run it with the sudo command from the terminal and you should be good to go. This comes directly the Toleda Realtek GIT repo (https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC). Hope this helps.

Attachments

• audio_realtekALC-100.command.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back