Contribute
Register

Success Guide Yosemite 10.10.1 Clover UEFI Guide - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone having any issue with Yosemite instantly crashing. I can reproduce it. If you put the machine to sleep, then wake it... Do a screen zoom (control + scroll wheel). Yosemite will instantly crash.

make sure screen zoom is enabled in accessibility preferences obviously.

GTX 660 with latest Nvidia driver. No lockups for me.

After having a lot of issues with Chameleon/Unibeast Yosemite install, I decided to start over with Clover. This guide is very clear and detailed, but for some reason, I got stuck on step 4.13. After the 2nd re-boot, I have no option to choose my hard drive to boot into (Yosemite). The only option there is "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite", and when I choose that, it seems like the same thing happens as in step 4.11. I followed all steps and formatted by SSD for clean install and even updated BIOS to the newest version a few days before this installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE:
I couldn't find solution to this, so I reinstalled Clover with non-UEFI (legacy) setup and it works.

I have also decided to take the plunge into Clover, as it seems a purer solution. I like your guide as you build the installation from a basic setup, i.e no other HD's, PCI cards, etc, which is how I approach Hackintoshing. I am upgrading to the same MOBO as you but my processor is the i7 3770S. I have a couple of questions...

1. Your BIOS setup only addresses what seems to be over clocking options (for i7 3770k). Are there any other UEFI/BIOS settings that I need to be aware of - such as 'wake from LAN' or 'Intel virtualisation'? Virtualisation is important for me as I use VMWARE for Window 8.1 Pro.

2. Are you aware of any factors that may cause issues with my 3770S as opposed to your 3770K?
Thanks.

This is my first attempt using Clover (I've always used Unibeast in the past). I'm having moderate success using this guide. I'm able to get everything working until step 6 when I install my new GPU (GTX 970) and connect it to the monitor. It prevents the OS from booting when I do.

I tried using the config.plist-GE=Yes-NVIDIA as well with no luck. No kernel panic is shown. It just reboots.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Fixed: The flag 'NV_disable=1' allowed me to boot. After installing the video card drivers 'nvda_drv=1' works for subsequent boots.

Excellent guide.
Thank god you did it!!!
I owe u lots man.
And to all that helped out..

My build seems to be ok with the new yosemite os, but I do have a couple of minor issues. the worst is the finder… It's a bit crashy and really slow… plus signing into the app store seems to be impossible… leaves a blooming :beachball:

Any ideas folks?

Cheers.
Alex

I've tried your method, installation finished without any problems, but right after step 5 i get this screen when booting

unnamed.jpg

I try running the setup again but i get the same screen :banghead:

Great guide, thanks for putting the time into this, and making this possible for us. Installed as easily if not more so than Chimera, you rock Baja-King!

Hi I'm having issue with no audio. Can't seem the get it work. I actually installed this with 10.10.2 so this maybe the main issue. But if someone can help. I did both 7.1.1 and 6.0.1 multibeast still can't get any audio. I'll keep searching.

Update. I didn't realized that the chirp of the volume up and down is gone. Banging my head on the wall until I accidentally played a video. Thanks!! Everything is okay and updated to 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back