Contribute
Register

[Success] Guide: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (EUFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all thanks for this detailed guide. All went smooth and quick except for one thing - video.
My specs:
- GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3)
- i5-2500k (4,2 GHz) (Intel HD3000, no external graphics card)
- BIOS version - U1h
(other hardware doesn't matter here i guess)

I followed your guide step by step. All BIOS and Multibeast settings exactly the same.
With GraphicsEnabler=Yes set by Multibeast i can't load OS X. With GraphicsEnabler=No i can.
But this gives me only one resolution available - 1024x768.

So, my question is how do i get HD3000 working?
I guess should be some simple way since this graphics natively supported by OS X.

I have the exact same problem !!!!

What monitor are you using? Remove all adapters and connect to either DVI-D or HDMI.

As for me i have Dell U2410. I tried DisplayPort, DVI, VGA, HDMI-to-DVI. Still can't load OS X without GraphicsEnabler=No.
The only connection i haven't tried is HDMI since i don't have any HDMI cable right now.

I am using a dell with a dvi connection

HD3000 using UEFI is a little flaky.

Try setting graphics memory to 64MB, 128MB or 32MB (in that order).

You have to set 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' or inject dev-id through DSDT to get full QE/CI using HD3000.

HD3000 using UEFI is a little flaky.

Try setting graphics memory to 64MB, 128MB or 32MB (in that order).

You have to set 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' or inject dev-id through DSDT to get full QE/CI using HD3000.

Changing graphics memory didn't help. Used DVI connection.

Good news, everyone :) I finally figured out how to get HD3000 fully working on my setup (see page 9 for more details).
Changes in BIOS different from those described in this thread :
- Set Internal Memory Size to 480 MB
- Set CPU frequency to stock 3,3 GHz

GraphicsEnabler=No (as you all may know) for setup and first login to OS X.
Then installed few options (see screenshot) from Multibeast and voila!
Of course, not all of those changes/options required. Going to change one in time to find out why it failed. After that will install other required kexts.

Also going to buy GTX 660. I know it's not supported by OS X by now but i heard some succeed with it.
I'll give it a try.
Btw, does anyone know if i can have GTX 660 installed but use only HD3000?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 9.29.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 9.29.25 PM.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 466
SOLVED [Success] Guide: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (EUFI)

Hi,

I tried to update my system yesterday: snow leopard to mountain lion with a clean install. all worked under SL

1/ I created my usb device with unibeast ( and I tried to create another bootable disk on a hard disk)
2/ I upgraded my bios to UEFI et set him
3/ I followed this tutorial

When I boot from flash drive, I have " Still waiting for root device"... It's an old problem. Lot's of users have it, but not for this motherboard.. And I can't resolved it.
Somebody speak about DSDT to solve it.. But I think with the UEFI bios, I don't need dsdt.

I tried to plug my flash drive with other usb holes. The same with my HD

" Still waiting for root device"...

I I tried, PCIROOTUID=0 graphicsnenalbler etc etc etc ....

-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev1.0)
-Geforce 470

:(

SOLVED: After some troubles, I don't know why but the install was a success. In once time :)
All worked :) Yeeppah. And thanks for this tutorial.

Topomacx

Hi, I was just wondering about my graphics card, I'm using the 6870 and in the Mountain Lion guide: (http://goo.gl/FcRv4) they say you're suppose to remove your graphics card if you have a 6xxx and run a another card such as the HD 3000. Now you are saying:

If using the onboard video

- Primary Graphics to IGFX Internal
- Memory Size to 64mb DVMT
- Total Memory Size to MAX

So what should I do? I need to remove my 6870 to be able to update to ML, but i dont intend to use my onboard graphics in the long run. Are those BIOS settings essential to get the onboard graphics running?

I tried this and hit errors with the Bios, although it installed correctly I now have Ebios read errors on starting, it slows down for 1 minute and then boots as normal.
The process failed for me trying to get HD3000 working, I set 512mb of ram, and tried a system definition of 12.2, but then graphics failed every time. By setting to 5.1 it now works as expected.
What can I do to get ride of thos stupid Ebios errors ?

quick update: Ebios errors were removed by unplugging my external USB hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back